FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

The airline ad with Nicole Kidman

Looks like she's flying in a private jet and saying how great the airline is. As if anything they show in that ad is how 99.9% of people get to fly

EAD you over rated Botox cow

Lmfao at the maccas ad saying "OMG HOW AWESOME IT IS TO DRINK A CUP OF COFFEE IN YOUR OWN CAR OMG OMG"

Are you ****ing serious?

It's what makes it Ozzie mate - FFS is there a company that is more emblematic of everything bad about the US than Macca's. * off with your faux Aussie patriotism

Oh yeah that's a different ad, lol'd at that one as well.

50% of the franchise profits go back to America but its Aussie because it occasionally has beetroot on their s**t burgers and we invented the McCafe - GAGF Maccas Fair Dinkum

50% of the franchise profits go back to America but its Aussie because it occasionally has beetroot on their s**t burgers and we invented the McCafe - GAGF Maccas Fair Dinkum

I just realised the other day, I haven't had Maccas in a long long time. Have absolutely no desire for it whatsoever. (still have other takeaways tho)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So its 50% aussie then?

If you have ever read one of their franchise agreements you will know it is an exercise in Imperialism and indentured slavery. If you have got a CBD franchise it is worth millions but an outer suburban one is fraught with risk - particularly when, as soon as you make a go of it, You Beaut Aussie Maccas can set another one up next door.

On topic is it your contention that the particular advert we are talking about is accurate - the calculus being Beetroot + McCafe = Aussie

If you have ever read one of their franchise agreements you will know it is an exercise in Imperialism and indentured slavery. If you have got a CBD franchise it is worth millions but an outer suburban one is fraught with risk - particularly when, as soon as you make a go of it, You Beaut Aussie Maccas can set another one up next door.

On topic is it your contention that the particular advert we are talking about is accurate - the calculus being Beetroot + McCafe = Aussie
Would 51% make it aussie?
Not sure what the franchise agreements, apart from where the profits go, have to do with whether its aussie or not

Not sure what the franchise agreements, apart from where the profits go, have to do with whether its aussie or not

Don't be a smart arse - McDonald's claiming to be Aussie is the worst sort of cynical advertising. It is so cynical the ad is a bomb..but keep up the Socratic method and test everything

Do you know what a franchise is - you pay a fee to use the livery and marketing of the franchisor who, in return gets a cut and to control parts of your business. In McDonald's case head office can control virtually anything. There have been a series of cases in Australia where they have been found to engage in coercive conduct. If the home of the business is from where it is controlled - its sort of a little bit unarguable that Aussie Maccas US offshoot has that in spades

It doesn't piss me off, in fact I'd watch it on a loop all day if I didn't think it was pathetic. It doesn't really have anything to do with this thread but I don't think it's worthy of another thread.... but that little blonde in the Woolworths cheaper cheaper across the freezer ad I want to hunt down and.... talk to her.

Best muted:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back