AE AE14 Comp Poll

Which AE14 comps would you prefer most to be included this season? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with Island Bomber - I loved temptation. But as you both said, the restriction on only having your ten teams is a must. Was the reason I didn't vote for it in the poll.

If it does go ahead, I don't have an opinion either way on restrictions for selecting the ten. Although I would alter the scoring somehow. It became too easy to select certain sides 27+ and potentially gain the same points as picking an underdog that covers the line but doesn't win. Maybe reduce the 27+ to 1 point with a winning bonus or rid of the bonus? Just thinking out loud. Food for thought...

Don't want to sound silly here, but as it's off season in the NFL, why hasn't people from last year been alerted to this. Hey Woodson
Only fair way to do things. :drunk:

I can assure you they have. You may not be aware that the AE14clubhouse fb page and twitter updates get an audience also. Some AE members don't get on BF much so they choose to stay updated on either/ both AE14clubhouse.com that extends to fb and twitter. I'll look to poking some of the AE alumni who seem to have gone AWOL from BF. (Was going to do it anyway…thanx for your concerns HB).

****ing Falcons :mad:
Blowing the game vs the Bills cost this dumbass having the freakiest of freaky weeks and going perfect.

That really STUNG didn't it.. now you know what losing the '98 AFL GF feels like.:(;) (North had a blinder season)

Take the good with the bad DB. Reminds me of when Chism took the Colts vs his beloved Cowboys in Dallas with Kitna behind centre, as his last 3XKO.. and BOOM!!

Flashback!! (2010) I'm sure the likes of manureid, GeeCats07 and GG will remember that other watershed moment.

3XKOWk13A.jpg

Last edited:

Again with temptation....

The ten team restriction is still there just proposed you're not forced to pick teams who didn't make playoffs. For simplicity was proposing you can pick any ten teams. Which are locked in like before.

I hoped people read the actual proposal thread instead of just say, oh its Gg changing stuff I'll skip reading.

Problem is people are not getting my point about why I'm asking to simplifiy temptation and why I proposed that survivor version of ko.

Its because of trying to get them installed in the site bug free and no one has to constantly manually double and triple check every comp due to how complex the rules and bonuses etc are.

Also that survivor version is more fun IMO. Sometimes tweaking something is good. Like some said today current ko is stale you just keep picking the same top dogs every week.

I agree with island who said next dual no need to change to odds scoring because there's no big difference. I only proposed such because of trying to lessen the amount of cr based comps. That was something many people complained about in 2012 which is why woodson and I came up with temptation in the first place. A comp offering different types of scoring.

I can assure you they have. You may not be aware that the AE14clubhouse fb page and twitter updates get an audience also. Some AE members don't get on BF much so they choose to stay updated on either/ both AE14clubhouse.com that extends to fb and twitter. I'll look to poking some of the AE alumni who seem to have gone AWOL from BF. (Was going to do it anyway…thanx for your concerns HB).
What's this thing called Facebook. Never heard of it.

"We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine
"

Top song!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Don't forget the CLINCHER lyric line.. act like imbecile :straining::D:p:confused:

Don't forget the CLINCHER lyric line.. act like imbecile :straining::D:p:confused:

Normal Monday morning behaviour i suppose in November and December!! :eek:

:D:drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again with temptation....

The ten team restriction is still there just proposed you're not forced to pick teams who didn't make playoffs. For simplicity was proposing you can pick any ten teams. Which are locked in like before.

I hoped people read the actual proposal thread instead of just say, oh its Gg changing stuff I'll skip reading.

Problem is people are not getting my point about why I'm asking to simplifiy temptation and why I proposed that survivor version of ko.

Its because of trying to get them installed in the site bug free and no one has to constantly manually double and triple check every comp due to how complex the rules and bonuses etc are.

Also that survivor version is more fun IMO. Sometimes tweaking something is good. Like some said today current ko is stale you just keep picking the same top dogs every week.

I agree with island who said next dual no need to change to odds scoring because there's no big difference. I only proposed such because of trying to lessen the amount of cr based comps. That was something many people complained about in 2012 which is why woodson and I came up with temptation in the first place. A comp offering different types of scoring.

Can you also provide an Idiots Guide to Temptation to those who are in it. I didn't understand it at all last season and went out quite quickly. Like I said, IDIOTS Guide :p

Can you also provide an Idiots Guide to Temptation to those who are in it. I didn't understand it at all last season and went out quite quickly. Like I said, IDIOTS Guide :p

IDIOT'S GUIDE

- You pick 10 teams before the season starts, which are locked in all year
- Each week you choose how many of those ten teams you want to employ for that week
- The scoring options you have are....
* Pick a team to straight up win (1 pt received to get it right)
* Pick a team to score 27+ in its NFL game (2 pts received to get it right)
* Pick a team to cover the Spread/Line (3 pts received to get it right)​
- If a team you employed for that week fails in the above task youve chosen for it, then that team is eliminated from your list of ten.

Can we have some incentives to still tip when you cant win any of the competitions?
maybe the bottom 5 losers pay double the next season if they want to rejoin?
Anti-Tanking measures are needed.

Besides that, the comp is great

With the status quo still having more of the stranglehold at this stage.. still enough time for another comp to overpower 60/40 of the remaining 62% of vote IF:

the persons who voted for any of the SIX 'suggested pledge' secondary comp options:
Spreads/ Unders-Overs
Hot Streak
100 Point Dash
Temptation (simplified)
Roll Tide

have a swing majority of 60/40 over the either/ both, High Roller Sweepstakes and Drop Zone Elimination.

I'll be deducting each vote from '2013 Comps Re-RUN if you voted for another new pledge comp… it's like a plan B/ preference vote.

Incentives is that I have added a '$20 levy' to the subscription meaning that if you go AWOL TWICE.. (miss a second full week of tips), that $20 is lost.
Otherwise it carries over for 2015 meaning you subscribe less in 2015. 73% did the right thing last year.

Back