AE AE14 Last Chance Saloon

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 11 is on us and that means the Tumbleweed Elimination round of LCS is upon us.

clip_image001.jpg

As a reminder, here are the rules for LCS

[\quote]LAST CHANCE SALOON Managed / Concept by Sven.

A late season spin off of the NEXT DUEL comp to get everyone back in contention with rankings based on the TOP 56 placed after Week 10 plus the eight winners from the Tumbleweed Round in Week 11.. to compete head to head in a Grand Slam Tennis style knockout comp.

The seeding for week 12 will be based on CR standings positions after week eleven. (i.e.: 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63, 3 vs 62)

Week 11 - Tumbleweed Elimination round: Reduce field to 64 - 8 H2H games features the lowest ranked 16 players (i.e. players ranked 57-72) from the CR standings after Week 10.

Week 12 LSC Qualifiers: Top 56 + Eight winners from Tumbleweed Elimination Round (re-ranked into week 11 order).

Here's the LCS schedule:

Week 11 - Tumbleweed Elimination of 8 (57 vs 72, 58 vs 71, 59 vs 70, 60 vs 69 ect) Top 56 safe/ bye.
Week 12 - 64 in the field 32 games h2h
Week 13 - 32 in the field 16 games h2h
Week 14 - 16 in the field 8 games h2h
Week 15 - 8 in the field 4 games h2h
Week 16 - Semi Finals 2 games h2h
Week 17 - Sundown Bowl IV

Tie Breaker criteria for determining those on equal points incl. Tumbleweed bubble status
1. Count back of total aggregrate scores from Weeks 8-10
2. Highest score of weeks 8-10
3. Week 10 CR countback
4. Week 9 CR countback

Updates provided:

Tie Breaker criteria for determining Week 12 seedings:
1. Total CR over weeks 8, 9, 10 and 11.
2. Total CR over weeks 1 to 11
3. Week 11 week CR total score
4. Week 11 CR countback

In the event of TIED RESULTS in the LAST CHANCE SALOON head to head games, the same TIE BREAKER criteria as the NEXT DUEL PLAY-OFFS will apply[/quote]

Woodson has given me the overall rankings up to week 10 and therefore this weeks games are as follows:

IMATION23(57) vs BUCKETSS(72)
MARKLAR33(58) vs GG(71)
JONESY86(59) vs QUINSTICK(70)
MOO(60) vs STRIKER475(69)
BJTOBY(61) vs TGBB(68)
LEEZORR(62) vs LARKIS(67)
BURNINGL’THAN (63) vs ARAKAAN(66)
ILUVPARIS(64) vs BEINP’NGREEN(65)

Good luck to everyone in this weeks games

Last edited:

Yeah, straight through to the next round baby!
You might get rusty though.
Marklar_33 is the real winner. Gets a scrimmage for fitness while still making the next round.

Will create spreadsheet tonight

GG - The seedings get recast after this round - so just the matchups this week is all you need.

The season starts this week.

The way you cannonballed thru the field in 2011 is just another shining example of 'anything goes' in the LCS. tomatosauceling stole your blueprint and forged his AE immortality in 2012 and then last year matt_897 went one better and lit it up from the Tumbleweed Round.

Considering you rolled Island Bomber who now has AE immortality with his 3XKO win last season, and maybe more to come this season.. just makes your 2011 win ever greater knowing that you curbing a budding AE heavyweight (Island Bomber will be one if he takes another AE title).

quin_stick sorry mate missed you off the email list. LCS is go!

How ironic that quin_stick vs jonesy86 face up against each other… both having wrenched 'hard luck' campaigns.. between them in ND, TEN losses by fewer than 7 points. Considering that Quin Stick rode the wave of his sensational rookie campaign to reach the final in the LCS as well as ND. Jonesy86 desperately unlucky to be pipped by a miserly point by the eventual winner, matt_897 in the second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some interesting TNF results so far in Last Chance:

#57 IMATION23 (didn't tip?) vs #72 BUCKETSS 1
#58 MARKLAR33 14 vs #71 GG 14
#59 JONESY86 0(1) vs #70 QUIN_STICK 0(2)
#60 MOO 4 vs #69 STRIKER475 1
#61 BJTOBY 0(2) vs 68 THEGREATBARRYB 4
#62 LEEZORR 10 vs #67 LARKIS 6
#63 BURNINGLEVIATHAN 9 vs #66 ARAKAAN 0(14)
#64 ILUVPARIS 7 vs #65 BEINPURPLENGREEN 3

Marklar and GG are matched up and both take Miami for maximum points

Jonesy and Quinstick both picked the Bills, but took the cautious route and didn't gamble away too many points

Arakaan must be asking "why?" with his decision to take the Bills for maximum thus giving BurningLeviathan the early advantage

Fun fact - I am matching up against BPG in both ND and LCS this week.

Not the first time either with LCS. GG & Sodapop previously… GG knows how far that tail was wedged in his posterior. :D

No why here. I will be max on the upset every thursday night from here on in. Only thing I can win is HRS and I'm going for the bonus.

I was never a chance in this comp so not even bothered by it.

I can see why you do that… only I'm not that game for such TNF Division games.. see other 'winnable chances' but taking a 50/50 game IMHO.. which Bills vs Miami was.. as a prodominate risk as I can NEVER pick the winner of two these teams h2h… usually I'd keep it 1CR knowing my ND opponent may have it same?? not this time.. Sven too clever. Looks like I'll have to really chance a 40/60 chance and go double digits.. it's time to RELOAD and have another crack.

I can see why you do that… only I'm not that game for such TNF Division games.. see other 'winnable chances' but taking a 50/50 game IMHO.. which Bills vs Miami was.. as a prodominate risk as I can NEVER pick the winner of two these teams h2h… usually I'd keep it 1CR knowing my ND opponent may have it same?? not this time.. Sven too clever. Looks like I'll have to really chance a 40/60 chance and go double digits.. it's time to RELOAD and have another crack.
No guts, no glory

No guts, no glory

This applies to situations when your backs pinned against the wall when you're needing the last handful of games to go your way (read: underdog selections) to get over the line and regardless of CR.. it's good to have a 9CR handy tho' that you wouldn't be in this situation if you blow high CR early on frivolous divisional games that don't mean much until the early games are done. I recall in week 2.. I was forced to PICk Cinci vs Steelers on MNF.. (ironically Steelers on the road) and that was because of Balmainforever playing the 'calling your bluff card' with tipping the Steelers… but I did it.. and got the Dubya over the Honey Badger. If I need to take the Titans on MNF.. so be it.. gotta go down fighting. Sven is a BIG Fish worth reeling in. His Division will appreciate my efforts.

This applies to situations when your backs pinned against the wall when you're needing the last handful of games to go your way (read: underdog selections) to get over the line and regardless of CR.. it's good to have a 9CR handy tho' that you wouldn't be in this situation if you blow high CR early on frivolous divisional games that don't mean much until the early games are done. I recall in week 2.. I was forced to PICk Cinci vs Steelers on MNF.. (ironically Steelers on the road) and that was because of Balmainforever playing the 'calling your bluff card' with tipping the Steelers… but I did it.. and got the Dubya over the Honey Badger. If I need to take the Titans on MNF.. so be it.. gotta go down fighting. Sven is a BIG Fish worth reeling in. His Division will appreciate my efforts.
Not. It applies in three different ways...

1. Going hard with TNF and the early games, the 'shock+awe' method, and hopefully you get much right you open up an unassailable lead (either at CR or ND). Downside is you can crash and burn badly.

2. Going hard with the late games, especially if they're 50:50 propositions. Or, as you say, backs to the wall, where the late games are not 50:50, and most people have chosen the favorites at the high CR, so you flip to one or some of the underdogs to try to win ND or rise up CR.

3. Going hard picking a number of underdogs, wherever they are, early or late games, more about chandelier swinging. People aiming for HRS, or they're so low on the CR ladder they 'have fun', let their hair out. Or people up against a consistently good or unpredictable CR/ND person, they know they have to try to predict which teams they will choose, and try to back an underdog here or there to out-point them in ND.

Not. It applies in three different ways...

1. Going hard with TNF and the early games, the 'shock+awe' method, and hopefully you get much right you open up an unassailable lead (either at CR or ND). Downside is you can crash and burn badly.

2. Going hard with the late games, especially if they're 50:50 propositions. Or, as you say, backs to the wall, where the late games are not 50:50, and most people have chosen the favorites at the high CR, so you flip to one or some of the underdogs to try to win ND or rise up CR.

3. Going hard picking a number of underdogs, wherever they are, early or late games, more about chandelier swinging. People aiming for HRS, or they're so low on the CR ladder they 'have fun', let their hair out. Or people up against a consistently good or unpredictable CR/ND person, they know they have to try to predict which teams they will choose, and try to back an underdog here or there.

This what makes our AE comp more interesting than most (others hidden selections)… without losing your mind with putting on serious $$$ … having fun with a 'Nationwide group' who collectively bring the challenges to any given game that isn't dictated by prime time. I was speaking generally that 'strategy of keeping a 9 CR handy' with hoping for a barrell monkey upsets occurring to allow you to see the flying monkey chandieller experience occurring without going big on double digit CR in these upset results.

Preliminary results (subject to confirmation):

Imation23 54 Beaten By Bucketss 70
Marklar 54 Defeated _GG_ 38
Jonesy86 53 Defeated Quin_Stick 50
Moo 53 Beaten By Striker475 81
bjtoby 64 Defeated TGBB 46
Leezorr 67 Defeated Larkis 48
BurningLeviathan 66 Defeated Arakaan 26
iluvparis 48 Beaten By BeinPurplenGreen 62

Remove this Banner Ad

Back