AE AE14 Launch & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nevermind about that now… (less than lukewarm response)... it's been campaigned hard / passed thru.. tthanks the AE Union rep, señor GG.. :footy:

Moving right along folks.. we're on 64… still $800 short of last years Prize monies.. (4th prize in the CR unlikely at this stage)

Still think my estimation of 60-70 will eventuate..

Until then…

AE14Promorexy_zps0c0b3c75.jpg

Less than lukewarm? More than 50% of people have opted to pay EXTRA cash to be part of it.

Its pretty clear you're one of the main people against temptation as everything you have written about it has been anti since the get-go.

Can I play less to not be a part of the ridiculous ND tournament?
Less than lukewarm? More than 50% of people have opted to pay EXTRA cash to be part of it.

Its pretty clear you're one of the main people against temptation as everything you have written about it has been anti since the get-go.

That may well be the case now that more than 50% are involved... at the time of the poll the numbers didn't get up, but the comp is now up and going and good luck to those who want to be involved I say.

I for one, am happy with my standard AE involvement and the countless Fantasy Football comps I've joined up for! :eek:

For what it's worth, I see a lot of merit in the ND comp... I understand you and others have issues with the setup of the ND comp (conferences, matchups etc), but all I can to that is that there will be a little more process put in place to ranking the competitors based on past results, not just setup previous rivals.

The beauty of ND is the unknown factor of newcomers... just never know who's likely to step up and challenge. Plus the top CR tipsters aren't always the ones who excel in ND... comes down to matchups, luck of the draw, luck of the round/upsets... so many factors. I love the drama!

Each to their own I guess.

For someone who finished second.. I wouldn't think I would go against that notion you're stating.
Instead I took a step back.. exchanged hats (read: put on my Commish cap) and really looked at the big picture of what this stand-alone comp provided (read: lacked).

This in my opinion, were the damning outcomes
* Not as competitive overall as we (read: GG & I) had anticipated
* Some participants were not even aware what was involved
* Only 50% of the group expressed interest (explains why it was a stand-alone comp)
* Blow out result.. imation23 played the percentages beautifully for a bounding runaway win
* The comp charter seemed way too formidable for too many

No wonder it got a lukewarm response. GG believed that stripping it down to make it more 'simplistic' and less restrictive was the way to go without the bonus points.

I had other ideas to blend together EagleOz and GG's moxie 3XKO concept but that just got too contrived for too many.

Last edited:
Can I play less to not be a part of the ridiculous ND tournament?

Says the 2012 LCS Champ.. o_O :D :p

The beauty of ND is the unknown factor of newcomers... just never know who's likely to step up and challenge. Plus the top CR tipsters aren't always the ones who excel in ND... comes down to matchups, luck of the draw, luck of the round/upsets... so many factors. I love the drama!

Each to their own I guess.

( *puts on my Breaking Bad cap on*) "Exactly" . Good call PB74. Anything's the go-go with a fast version of ND as LCS provides the theatre of the F.A. Cup. ND just turns around like a panic stricken centipede in the dirt trying to grasp the next opportunity. Billiever , earlier in the season was feeling totally aggrieved then in a space of TWO weeks was STRUTTING AROUND in the TOP TEN like he was all business … then the numbers didn't add up in the final stretch and capitulated badly. The Bart Starr Division title was Billievers to claim, a game clear with three weeks remaining.. missed the play-offs. How does the unprecedented freaky rookie campaign from ac83 who led the CR standings from the get-go, fail to make the ND play-offs esp when his Division winner, larkis, edges out Crowman23, for the Andre Tippett division with a 6-6 record!!!:eek: ...meanwhile JeffDunne stunk it up in the Cortez Kennedy Division with a 2-10 campaign.. only to bounce back hard in 2013, to be a likely 4th down & long STOP play by Da Bears D (yeah, right!!) to winning it all the season next?? Only the Packers foiled JD and allowed the rookie, quin_stick , pull out an unprecedented winning streak of 14 wins to win it ALL after a 0-2 start!! Not even Hollywood could script this.. ND is a BEAST of it's own.

Last edited:
Hey Woodson do you mind if I tip in the extra $10 for Temptation tomorrow? Want to check out the fuss

Hey Woodson do you mind if I tip in the extra $10 for Temptation tomorrow? Want to check out the fuss

Why not, go for it.. Fuey says it's a 80/20 First - second prize now that we have the 35.

We have 64 onboard even though a 'handful of the regs' confirmed they are processing their subs thru overnight.. will determine last count Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone who finished second.. I wouldn't think I would go against that notion you're stating.
Instead I took a step back.. exchanged hats (read: put on my Commish cap) and really looked at the big picture of what this stand-alone comp provided (read: lacked).

This in my opinion, were the damning outcomes
* Not as competitive overall as we (read: GG & I) had anticipated
* Some participants were not even aware what was involved
* Only 50% of the group expressed interest (explains why it was a stand-alone comp)
* Blow out result.. imation23 played the percentages beautifully for a bounding runaway win
* The comp charter seemed way too formidable for too many

No wonder it got a lukewarm response. GG believed that stripping it down to make it more 'simplistic' and less restrictive was the way to go without the bonus points.

I had other ideas to blend together EagleOz and GG's moxie 3XKO concept but that just got too contrived for too many.

Dude, you're missing the point. Over 50% is not a lukewarm response. Its a majority response.

A lot of the <50% who haven't entered Temptation would just rather not spend $50 on a tipping comp. If it we're a featured comp I'm sure it would be well received.

Haven't seen anyone who was apart of it last year have anything too negative to say about it.

Don't stress about it... Its not for everyone, so let those who want to play, play.

As I've said, I was probably going to ask Woodson if I could run it as a comp seperately anyway. I liked it, I wanted to continue it whether it was part of AE or not.

In the end it is for whoever wants it, so we should all Just let it go.

In the end it is for whoever wants it, so we should all Just let it go.

This. :thumbsu:

I am not a fan of it so i am not playing it again but if people do like it and want to take part in the separate comp let them be and each to their own.

I don't understand, it was a standalone last year and not an original comp.

I played it last year and it was crap (IMO)

The big difference from your example is that ND takes no extra effort, whereas temptation does.

Dry your eyes and move on

The big difference from your example is that ND takes no extra effort, whereas temptation does.

This is exactly the key point of difference.

I don't give a rats about ND, but I don't do anything except check the standings once or twice. CR is my main focus, and that takes care of most other comps.

In the end, this is Woodsons comp, and his choice what to offer. He doesn't have to ask anyones opinions on comps, but does to make it more of a forum thing.

He does a shitload of work for EVERYONE involved in the comp. So I may not like all the comps, but its still his comp to run and our choice whether to participate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back