AE AE14 Launch & Discussion

Packers 10+ was the most popular pick? wtf

They barely beat TB at home, giving up 30 points to that offence. GB has been hot.

They barely beat TB at home, giving up 30 points to that offence. GB has been hot.
.........At home.

But don't let facts get in the way of tipping.

.........At home.

But don't let facts get in the way of tipping.

What are you on about?

Saints last home game they scraped by TB.

but 10+ ?
would have thought it'd have been small Packers or Saints
20th home win in a row for Payton

Form of both teams, with the relative scarcity of confident games elsewhere in the league meant it seemed a good position.

Yes, 1 close game in a 10 game home winning streak means they're s**t :drunk:

Because last years Saints form is really relevant to how this years team has played ...

Fail to see how your first post makes any sense though

Because last years Saints form is really relevant to how this years team has played ...
Going into this game.
Last 10 home games - 10-0
Last 10 away games - 1-9

Considering it's the same form line just about over 2 years and it was showing before this week. I think Ill answer with YES. Yes it is relevant.

And that's why I made my initial post. I knew the Saints' form. They win at home and lose away. Hence why I pointed out it was a home game.

There is more to form that pure records. They allowed 30 points to Tampa Bay in their last home game. That doesn't really bode well as a matchup. That's poor form.

Sep 24, 2006
An Alley
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Henley Sharks
but when does form really mean anything in NFL, its all in the head for most teams

I can't talk I should have gone Cinci with the same thought process as I had with the Saints, similar form lines for all those teams but the Bengals & Saints have two of the best home field records

Are you still trying to justify your tip by using an aberration?

That's like using the Jaguars 36 points against the 2000 Ravens to justify tipping the Bengals in the next home game for the Ravens.

Are you still trying to justify your tip by using an aberration?

That's like using the Jaguars 36 points against the 2000 Ravens to justify tipping the Bengals in the next home game for the Ravens.

Would tip the same again. I believe the better team in Green Bay would win more often than not against this Saints team.

Lol at you trying to act all big pulling up an old game to find some sort of random occurrence. Does that help make you sound more intelligent?

I don't need to use stats to sound intelligent in this conversation considering you used an aberration to justify a tip.
Seriously, I agree Green Bay is better. I probably would've given them 14 if it was at Lambeau. But the Saints are a different team at home, it's plain and simple.

Not really an aberration when you see they won 20-9 vs Minnesota who started Matt Cassel

They had two home games prior to today's game, and have won by a combined 17 points against Tampa Bay and Minnesota

Not really an aberration when you see they won 20-9 vs Minnesota who started Matt Cassel
HAHAHAHAH.
Your initial point was what they conceded, your entire emphasis on the pick was on the defence. Now you're twisting your argument.

Considering 43% of games this year have been decided by 1 score or less.
And 48% have been less than 11 points.
I'd hardly think an 11 point win is justification to talk down a team.

My initial point was they struggled to beat Tampa Bay. And they struggled to beat Minnesota.

Emphasis was placed on their defence as Green Bays clear strong point is their offence.

My initial point was they struggled to beat Tampa Bay. And they struggled to beat Minnesota.

Emphasis was placed on their defence as Green Bays clear strong point is their offence.
Your point was emphasising what Tampa scored.

Stop trying hard to justify your pick.

Oct 5, 2004
El Sobrante
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NBA:Houston NFL:Carolina
I put 15 on GB because I watched them decimate the Panthers, and Saints haven't really been playing well at all. Not that the Panthers have either.

Made some mind blowing calls this week as I said earlier some nearly paid off, Atlanta/Tampa.. Others just look stupid now, Green Bay and Chicago.

WEEK 8 NEXT DUEL SNAPSHOT before MNF
15 of the 36 contests confirmed:
Winners are:
Arkie def Burninglevianthan
AxisMiles03 def Marklar33
Balmainforever def Jonesy86
BeLikeMike def Arrakan
Chism def iluvparis
Crowman23 def Rocco S
Island Bomber def AC83
GeeCats07 def Tomatosauceling
JeffDunne def MattyT78
Larkis def 11sjw ****
Lukozade upstaged Osmodiar ****
Manureid def Chris25
Moo def Leezorr
Statsman74 def Panda2Com
Tannehill17 def QuinStick

**** denotes Upset results

Upsets Brewing:
Bucketss against Primetime Pricey
Fuey against Gengar28

In the Box Seat:
Billiever
vs McGarnacle
Bgt2110 vs Boknows34
Blacky over Prawnpgrapher
Bloods33 vs Galactic
Chadwiko vs Danielz23
Camsmith vs FootyStar#1
PhillyCat vs TGBB
Matt897 vs Woodson
PeterBuch74 vs Albertonrob
RiggoDiesel44 vs Prawnographer
sblack vs Imation23
Sodapop vs Eagleoz
Smiths vs Marcuz
Sven vs Superfreak
Tcol vs Shiny On Top
Twarby vs BjToby

Ties brewing:
GG vs DirtyBird
Pedge7 vs Striker475

6 out of 6 for my bottom 6 CR games

3 of 8 from my top 9

FML

I thought you had me mate when i checked the scoreboard and the massive swing game was Tampa Vs Minny. Me high on Tampa you medium on Minny only for me to see the scores on my phone from work and see Tampa lose the lead in the final minute as Minny pushed it into OT then a turn over got the win for you.

But then you started to drop high CR games which i had low and it was the telling difference as the Saints sealed the win for me when you tipped GB.

Back