• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
GG How can you "vote for all of them" and also vote to keep the current 6 only?? Or am I missing something in GG logicland... :D :D

Woodson don't worry too much about the lower response rate, keep plugging the survey and people will vote over the next week or so. You also need to let people read it and think about it before voting, not everyone has the "punch the most random hanging chads" approach that Facebook/surveymonkey adopt...

Thanks to all for all of the efforts regardless of which ones get up, this (AE) is one of the greatest of all tipping comps I've ever participated in across more than 35 years of tipping on everything from camel races to round the world solo sailboat races. Just needs a category for picking the quickest drinker of the half yard and it would be all of the best of human competitive spirit in one simple drag and drop website...
I voted all the side comps in. Meaning, obviously I didn't vote to retain things as they were.

There is nothing awry in GG Logicland.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
I voted all the side comps in. Meaning, obviously I didn't vote to retain things as they were.

There is nothing awry in GG Logicland.

Oh obviously - except it wasn't.

Though knowing from your annual cut throat league commissioner edicts how much you enjoy "tinkering" with scoring I figured you'd be all for change...

Nothing is awry in GG Logicland - it is just a bit confusing if all the Ooompa-Loompas are counting yards per catch before contact or yards lost after third ball interchange in the second quarter...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh obviously - except it wasn't.

Though knowing from your annual cut throat league commissioner edicts how much you enjoy "tinkering" with scoring I figured you'd be all for change...

Nothing is awry in GG Logicland - it is just a bit confusing if all the Ooompa-Loompas are counting yards per catch before contact or yards lost after third ball interchange in the second quarter...
I havent touched CT scoring for 3 years :thumbsu:

I havent touched CT scoring for 3 years :thumbsu:

Because four seasons ago… a prominent CT campaigner was…

tumblr_m1itsg87X61rn95k2o1_500.jpg

:D:D and it wasn't me.

As long as that happens you'll always have me as a follower.
Well that's the beauty of a new season, no telling how things will go.

It's not that complicated, even my neighbors 8 year old daughter looked over the scoring settings and gave it the thumbs up.

And on the other sides of the fence.. the kids were putting a tune together that said otherwise as one of 'GG's junior henchmen put a stop to that…

kid-on-power-wheels-plows-through-girls-singing.gif

In the words of Bill Lawry "It's all happening" …never a dull moment in your neighbourhood.

Only went DZE and Feature Games, might go the GG 3xko bastard later. Its close to what I want, but a little more detail on what will happen will be needed for me to be sold (will read beyond OP tomorrow incase its been covered there)

Also, if I vote in Hot Streak, can I sit it out? I love the idea, but I see potential technical flaws and want to see it in action first. I want to play, but I dont want major hassles if it's not right from the get go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't touched it this year either. You guys are paranoid and seeing ghosts.
You said you were adding punters and kickers
Not paranoid at all

Adding players is not CHANGING scoring, nor for existing players. It's adding scoring for added players.

You need to get a refresher course on the English language.
You really are finding your inner Goodell to find loopholes.

Only went DZE and Feature Games, might go the GG 3xko bastard later. Its close to what I want, but a little more detail on what will happen will be needed for me to be sold (will read beyond OP tomorrow incase its been covered there)

Also, if I vote in Hot Streak, can I sit it out? I love the idea, but I see potential technical flaws and want to see it in action first. I want to play, but I dont want major hassles if it's not right from the get go.

Fair comment. Why are your concerns? Seems straight fwd to me. Broken can clarify any concerns you may have. If it gets the GREEN LIGHT then I have started thinking about my 'strategy I will stick with' in selecting such teams to be my 'locks of the weeks' because that's all this comp is.. picking a bunch of games where the team simply has to WIN and nothing more. It's like 3XKO with a safety net as you can be a trapeze artist in balancing yourself and a juggler at the same time.

Fair comment. Why are your concerns? Seems straight fwd to me. Broken can clarify any concerns you may have. If it gets the GREEN LIGHT then I have started thinking about my 'strategy I will stick with' in selecting such teams to be my 'locks of the weeks' because that's all this comp is.. picking a bunch of games where the team simply has to WIN and nothing more. It's like 3XKO with a safety net as you can be a trapeze artist in balancing yourself and a juggler at the same time.
I actually have no concerns about the game, more so how its going to be in the system and how will it lock out etc. Its the JD side of things Im worried about, not the Broken side. The example I use.
Say my streak ends during the 1pm Sunday games, Logic dictates to start a new one asap incase it pays off. Will the 4:05/4:25 games lock at kickoff or early like they sometimes do? I just want there to be a chance to add a new team to a streak like 5 minutes before kickoff. And also, one thing I literally just thought of this second. with the 1pm and 4:05 and 4:15 kickoffs. If you go multiple in that period, which one is higher on your streak?

Say im up to 17 entering week 2 Sunday games. There's 10 1pm games. If I blow 1 how is it sorted? One got a streak of 26 up. We need to clarrify that as well. Maybe go in the order it's on the NFL website? eg. If you go all 10 (which GG will probably do) Texans-Panthers would be 1 and Rams-Washington would be 10. Thats my suggestion. Just want that covered.

I love the idea. But those are 2 issues I think need to be answered (especially the first one as locking people out could really **** off a few)

I actually have no concerns about the game, more so how its going to be in the system and how will it lock out etc. Its the JD side of things Im worried about, not the Broken side. The example I use.
Say my streak ends during the 1pm Sunday games, Logic dictates to start a new one asap incase it pays off. Will the 4:05/4:25 games lock at kickoff or early like they sometimes do? I just want there to be a chance to add a new team to a streak like 5 minutes before kickoff. And also, one thing I literally just thought of this second. with the 1pm and 4:05 and 4:15 kickoffs. If you go multiple in that period, which one is higher on your streak?

Say im up to 17 entering week 2 Sunday games. There's 10 1pm games. If I blow 1 how is it sorted? One got a streak of 26 up. We need to clarrify that as well. Maybe go in the order it's on the NFL website? eg. If you go all 10 (which GG will probably do) Texans-Panthers would be 1 and Rams-Washington would be 10. Thats my suggestion. Just want that covered.

I love the idea. But those are 2 issues I think need to be answered (especially the first one as locking people out could really **** off a few)

Strong point.
I'll let Broken confirm that.

We can go about it in FIVE WAYS: (games on same time kick-off)
Game venue location wise: East to West (That's how I determined the CR for road teams for NO Shows)
Home team alphabetical
Your HS Team alphabetical
AE site list order
The higher CR value

Last edited:
Hot Streak would have to work within the boundaries of the AE website and whatever isn't too much work for JeffDunne

The site I got the idea from allows adjustments in your streak up to the kickoff of the game (or a window not too far prior to kickoff). I'd expect the locking for this comp to follow the same deadlines, or at least the same locking as the CR tips.

As for the ordering of games I would expect it to follow the order of games presented on the AE webpage, I think they are all presented in a set order each week (based on the schedule), and that would also be the way the streak would be determined. So for instance, let's say Week 1 is presented like the following, this would be the order that the Hot Streak will be calculated on:

Thursday, Sept. 10
Steelers at Patriots, 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 13
Packers at Bears, 1 p.m.
Chiefs at Texans, 1 p.m.
Browns at Jets, 1 p.m.
Colts at Bills, 1 p.m.
Dolphins at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Panthers at Jaguars, 1 p.m.
Seahawks at Rams, 1 p.m.
Saints at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m.
Lions at Chargers, 4:05 p.m.
Titans at Buccaneers, 4:25 p.m.
Bengals at Raiders, 4:25 p.m.
Ravens at Broncos, 4:25 p.m.
Giants at Cowboys, 8:30 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 14
Eagles at Falcons, 7:10 p.m.
Vikings at 49ers, 10:20 p.m.

Let's say a player only selected the Cardinals and Chargers for the week.
- If the Cardinals lost, but the Chargers won a players streak would be current at 1.
- If the Cardinals won and the Chargers lost, their best streak would be calculated as 1 and their current streak would be 0.

I hope that's made it a bit clearer.

TWO TEAM SURVIVOR (managed by GG)
A NEW Comp similar to 3XKO, where TWO TEAMS selections are required each week with those teams NOT to be selected again. The task is to select a WINNER of those two weekly teams to avoid a STRIKE. With the pool of 32 teams to choose from, you pull the trigger with which combo you elect. ONCE your COMBO of TWO teams have FAILED YOU on THREE* OCCASIONS you're eliminated from the comp.
*GG to determine whether it's THREE or FOUR STRIKES.
On this, I love the idea, (very similar to what I want) but the number of strikes worries me.

If you go too low, it ends too quickly, if you go too high, it becomes a joke.

Need that right balance.

So the bottom 2 miss out? Doesn't look like we'll be having 6 comps only. I think 50 votes was a bit optimistic there.

Not enough love for HOT STREAK!!!!! C'mon guys Broken has volunteered to put his time into this which is a rare thing and something I wouldn't want to miss out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back