Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Your off the one week Priddis wagon in the debate verse JPK?

Hawthorn and Essendon are JPK's 2 favorite teams to play and the next 2 he plays so yes I'm saying get him in this week.. just logic. After that it's really a coin flip between the 2.

Last edited:
*You're.. sorry had to do that. Hawthorn and Essendon are JPK's 2 favorite teams to play and the next 2 he plays so yes I'm saying get him in this week.. just logic. After that it's really a coin flip between the 2.

What about your strong argument last week he cant end seasons well? Or that his 2012 was an abnormality on a 5 year history?

Are those arguments not valid anymore? I am confused? It has only been one week......

What about your strong argument last week he cant end seasons well? Or that his 2012 was an abnormality on a 5 year history?

Are those arguments not valid anymore? I am confused? It has only been one week......

haha im confused aswell :drunk:

They are still valid and there are reasons I recommend JPK for Fitzey's team (with 2 trades per week and teams basically finished). The thing I should have checked last week was that JPK comes up against his 2 favorite teams this week and next i guess. But it's been a coinflip between those 2. Head to head 2 weeks ago Priddis beat him and i like him as a POD. For Fitzey's team I recommended JPK and I stand by that. Other team's with more unpredictable mids should choose Priddis because of his *slightly better consistency.

Anyway mate I don't see you going to much effort to help other people like I do. Instead of attempting to shoot down the very few that actually offer up quality advice how bout spending that time offering up advice to people who are actually asking for it. Not attacking you as I've seen you're a reasonable bloke by what you post, just remember whatever posted here is all a matter of opinion and should be taken that way.

Anyway mate I don't see you going to much effort to help other people like I do.

I let people decide for themselves. Plus I always do late trades or choose a Gibson over pendles so most of my advice is against what peoples mainstream thoughts are.

Anyway, regarding my help last week when you were very strongly pro "Priddis is better then JK3", I put my opinion as a Swans supporter for pro JK3. His form this year and why he would be good. Then you tried to shut me down with stats going back over his whole career.

That was help giving people another side of the argument but not forcing a player on them. People have to choose for themselves. You just give advice and people can take it or not. You dont have to force a point.

Then after that, after one game you are now recommending the other player you were trying to prove to me last week was not as good.

I guess we just have different idea's on what help is.

I am not trying to fight, just an observation and a response to your post.

They are still valid and there are reasons I recommend JPK for Fitzey's team (with 2 trades per week and teams basically finished). The thing I should have checked last week was that JPK comes up against his 2 favorite teams this week and next i guess. But it's been a coinflip between those 2. Head to head 2 weeks ago Priddis beat him and i like him as a POD.

Should of left your post at that kozi think you took Schmidt the wrong way ;)

I let people decide for themselves. Plus I always do late trades or choose a Gibson over pendles so most of my advice is against what peoples mainstream thoughts are.

Anyway, regarding my help last week when you were very strongly pro "Priddis is better then JK3", I put my opinion as a Swans supporter for pro JK3. His form this year and why he would be good. Then you tried to shut me down with stats going back over his whole career.

That was help giving people another side of the argument but not forcing a player on them. People have to choose for themselves. You just give advice and people can take it or not. You dont have to force a point.

Then after that, after one game you are now recommending the other player you were trying to prove to me last week was not as good.

I guess we just have different idea's on what help is.

I am not trying to fight, just an observation and a response to your post.

Ok don't try and turn into the captain of AFL Fantasy on a bigfooty forum... things have been good up until now here.
I made a case for Priddis last week, and I'm making a case for JPK this week. So what? In the end when it comes time to actually trade people always decide for themselves. Don't tell me that you 'let people decide for themselves' because that's utter nonsense when people do that anyway whatever the case may be. When it comes to advice almost all of the advice I give is based on stats. You give advice based as a Swans supporter?

Just another quick observation... all this came after you didn't grasp the new scoring system idea in the other thread. You didn't reply to what I told you in there, yet you come on here and start me on something different? My gut feel is that's what motivated you to start here.

2939bgz.jpg

Suckling keeps on finding a way to cling on (Mitchell's poor record against Sydney saved him this week). He might even hang on to become D7 next week, can write-off my F10 position and go Litherland > S Mitch. Or just go Suckers > Mitchell and one of Mummy/Duncan > Jack.

View attachment 70344

OUT - Jaensch, Dahlhaus
IN - Mitchell, Carlisle

Got 6 PODS atm ranked 698

Carlisle plays Sydney this week... reeks of a 60 score coming.

I'd consider holding Dahl 1 more week and writing off Kersten for Herbert this week to make 110k (what i'm doing). Then there will be heaps of options next week with that cash. Wont really hurt your overall either.

Carlisle plays Sydney this week... reeks of a 60 score coming.

I'd consider holding Dahl 1 more week and writing off Kersten for Herbert this week to make 110k (what i'm doing). Then there will be heaps of options next week with that cash. Wont really hurt your overall either.

and who might herbert be ? i was thinking maybe nroo instead of carlisle actually he's hit some form back the last few weeks and has gold coast then bulldogs need to think about it...

i was thinking maybe nroo instead of carlisle actually he's hit some form back the last few weeks and has gold coast then bulldogs need to think about it...

Plays Sydney in R21 (my grand final round) Averages 100+ vs them and has a 150 in a recent game against them.

WvOdtLr.jpg

Happy with my team. Feel bad for not having any unique players but going for the cash league win :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays Sydney in R21 (my grand final round) Averages 100+ vs them and has a 150 in a recent game against them.

WvOdtLr.jpg

Happy with my team. Feel bad for not having any unique players but going for the cash league win :confused:

nroo could be good then ! very stock standard team you have but there is also nothing wrong with it at the same time...

Got 5 uniques.. could have a couple more but there's nobody else I want to get rid of right now. Still a shot at the overall prize but winning my cash league is more important (and realistic). Currently on 9 wins in a row.

1fdcwg.jpg

Got a bit over 100k in the bank after going Stevie J > Sidebottom. Might upgrade Litherland but it seems like a waste of 100k for someone that might get 20 points more the 1 week I need them.

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 7.45.55 pm.png
Got 8 PODS hopefully they all work out for me, really annoyed about the Beams > JPK move 2 weeks ago now u win some you lose some thou...

finally SJ is gone Sidebum come on down and carlisle made me a bit of cash to bring the mailman in aswell bring on finals

Got 5 uniques.. could have a couple more but there's nobody else I want to get rid of right now. Still a shot at the overall prize but winning my cash league is more important (and realistic). Currently on 9 wins in a row.

1fdcwg.jpg

Got a bit over 100k in the bank after going Stevie J > Sidebottom. Might upgrade Litherland but it seems like a waste of 100k for someone that might get 20 points more the 1 week I need them.
Have you got a trade left? If so trade Swallow to someone.

Fairly week midfield. Under-performing.

Next week I will be looking to trade:

Cutler to cheapy or Kersten/Cameron > one of the 3 forward rooks playing this week
Then get rid of Libba, Gibson (Easy game this week is the only thing that saved him and easy draw) & Swallow

upload_2014-8-8_19-57-24.png

Last edited:
CURRENT TEAM

BACKS: McVeigh - Bartel - Swallow - Simpson - Dal Santo - Jaensch - Butler (E) - Bews

MIDS:
Rockliff - Barlow - D. Beams - Cotchin - Sloane - K. Jack - Cornes - Tyson - Morabito - Graham (E)

RUCKS:
S. Martin - Sandilands - Brown (E) - Currie

FORWARDS:
Parker - D. Martin - Harvey - N. Riewoldt - Wingard - McGovern - Cameron (E) - Honeychurch

^^ It's a great side. You're in the awkward mode now of having luxury trades everywhere that can make or break your season and there's no good choices. Throw logic and guts out the window and start throwing darts. Honestly Macrae could average 140 for the last 4 rounds, or he might not. Same goes with Butler. Personally I'm hoping we get some really popular players rested and our benches come into play. I feel like my bench is too good and I've hardly ever had to use it the entire season. Whereas in years gone by, I felt like every other week we had some popular player being a late out.

^^ It's a great side. You're in the awkward mode now of having luxury trades everywhere that can make or break your season and there's no good choices. Throw logic and guts out the window and start throwing darts. Honestly Macrae could average 140 for the last 4 rounds, or he might not. Same goes with Butler. Personally I'm hoping we get some really popular players rested and our benches come into play. I feel like my bench is too good and I've hardly ever had to use it the entire season. Whereas in years gone by, I felt like every other week we had some popular player being a late out.

All true mate. I've adapted with the surroundings this year and made a point to have as much cash on the field as possible even at the expense of good all over bench cover (wrote off D8, F8 and R4 for $$$). It's just worked out better that way with alot of popular players not being rested / late outs this year making a deep bench irrelevant most weeks.... favoring the ones who have more $ on the field instead with a weaker bench. Either way I bet we both got better bench cover than most heading into finals ;)

Been very quiet round here lately :(

Thoughts on my team guys? cheers

Great side you have, even greater when you've got Brad Crouch as an emergency. How many trades do you have left and do you think you will downgrade on Sam Wright down back OR take out an expensive mid to free up cash?

Duncan's an interesting selection and having a ripper season. Have you found him to be a unique player e.g: Not to many other teams have him?

Great side you have, even greater when you've got Brad Crouch as an emergency. How many trades do you have left and do you think you will downgrade on Sam Wright down back OR take out an expensive mid to free up cash?

Duncan's an interesting selection and having a ripper season. Have you found him to be a unique player e.g: Not to many other teams have him?

Thanks mate. Crouch has been awesome for me... bought him cheap and he's been solid as a rock. Just bought in Wright last week as bench cover (he was coming off scores of 80, 115, 93) so probably not gonna touch him now although that 60 against gws stunk. There's always further writing off D8 and M10 to basement priced players to free up cash if needed :)

Duncan has been a revelation up fwd for me the past 2 months, mad unique at 3% ownership. Extremely impressed with him... in fact he's the 2nd highest averaging fwd since round 13!! Would be a standout in any other team but problem is geelong has too many stats that steal his limelight! Your question actually prompted me to go and check out the highest averaging fwds in the last 8 weeks... i was happy with what I saw:

28usas0.jpg

Gotta be happy with 5 outta the top 6 most in form fwds last 2 months... only ones i missed was Motlop and McGlynn hehe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back