List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
184cm 89kg half forward often compared to Jason Porplyzia with similar playing style. Has had a run of injuries...does he fit a need we have? Elite kicking skills...know how to kick a barrel...just had a look at his 2012 highlights...some very good plays...could be worth a pick or a rookie list. He is a lefty and his kicking is very good. Would he be better than say picking up Caleb Daniel at our last pick?
Could do a lot worse!

If we pick up a delisted free agent, this would mean either delisting another player or giving up pick 59.

We could delist a player (e.g. Shaw), pick up a free agent, use pick 59, and re-draft the delisted player (e.g. Shaw) onto the rookie list.

There's some not-too-bad delisted players this year... be interesting if we take the plunge.
Agreed - either Polkinghorne or Mitch Brown would be of more use on our main list than Shaw.

Brown would give us much needed KPP backup if Hartigan struggles/injured or Talia is injured.

Agreed - either Polkinghorne or Mitch Brown would be of more use on our main list than Shaw.

Brown would give us much needed KPP backup if Hartigan struggles/injured or Talia is injured.
But Shaw has that special something that no-one is yet to see on the footy field...There is still some dead wood you could cut, I guess it whether our new coaching system could turn Polkinghorne or Brown into best 22 players, I mean they were cut from Brissy and the Dees.

But Shaw has that special something that no-one is yet to see on the footy field...There is still some dead wood you could cut, I guess it whether our new coaching system could turn Polkinghorne or Brown into best 22 players, I mean they were cut from Brissy and the Dees.
I dunno, easier to see Shaw kicking the ball, as it usually ends up in the crowd! ;)

Tapscott is very average IMO

Angus Graham average

String of injuries and stuck in a team that hasn't been able to develop any of its younsters. Pick #21 and he was talked up in his early days as a Daniel Rich type. Has a big body and great kicking skills and we'd get him for basically nothing.

He's got a lot more raw talent than Graham.

I dunno, easier to see Shaw kicking the ball, as it usually ends up in the crowd! ;)
There's something about Shaw that I like but I haven't seen enough of it. Not the kicking out on the full joke, but the ability to nullify a player. That's the only reason he's still on the list. He can do that and if he can get on the park he will play a role.

There's something about Shaw that I like but I haven't seen enough of it. Not the kicking out on the full joke, but the ability to nullify a player. That's the only reason he's still on the list. He can do that and if he can get on the park he will play a role.
In the SANFL. All Hartigan needs to do is improve on last season and Shaw doesn't get a game....all Cheney has to do is not get injured and he's in front of Shaw. Very lucky to still have his spot...if Otto hadn't have gone down....

In the SANFL. All Hartigan needs to do is improve on last season and Shaw doesn't get a game....all Cheney has to do is not get injured and he's in front of Shaw. Very lucky to still have his spot...if Otto hadn't have gone down....
Agree Otten has reprieved Shaw. I definitely want Hartigan playing games. He is a big lad like Talia and if he is taught more preseason can improve quick. Cheney is gonna get games. I'm not necessarily sure it the position everybody thinks.

By saying Cheney might not he used in the back line I'm thinking he might be a good foil for Danger to get the ball and run with it. He has spent time at the Hawks and Philthy likes him for his team first attitude so I'm thinkn he will help shake a tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

String of injuries and stuck in a team that hasn't been able to develop any of its younsters. Pick #21 and he was talked up in his early days as a Daniel Rich type. Has a big body and great kicking skills and we'd get him for basically nothing.

He's got a lot more raw talent than Graham.

Completely agree

Strong and aggressive at the contest, good left foot on him and has suffered from injuries and being at a club with a poor player development record

Exactly the type of player we should be targeting, talented youngster, cost nothing and you could argue that a new environment could be the trigger to fulfil the potential

Definitely worth the risk Imo

Completely agree

Strong and aggressive at the contest, good left foot on him and has suffered from injuries and being at a club with a poor player development record

Exactly the type of player we should be targeting, talented youngster, cost nothing and you could argue that a new environment could be the trigger to fulfil the potential

Definitely worth the risk Imo

The issue here is that he has been developed at Melbourne for over 6 years. Their track record for destroying players is second to none.

I would be worried that he has already developed too many bad habits and will be too far behind.

184cm 89kg half forward often compared to Jason Porplyzia with similar playing style. Has had a run of injuries...does he fit a need we have? Elite kicking skills...know how to kick a barrel...just had a look at his 2012 highlights...some very good plays...could be worth a pick or a rookie list. He is a lefty and his kicking is very good. Would he be better than say picking up Caleb Daniel at our last pick?

The issue here is that he has been developed at Melbourne for over 6 years. Their track record for destroying players is second to none.

I would be worried that he has already developed too many bad habits and will be too far behind.

Bad habits in a footy sense are easily corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back