List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright we should definitely say we are interested in trading at the right price... one of those players who whilst are solid contributors, should be depth only in a couple of years.

I'd say it is good time, he's replaceable in our side so might as well.
I'm not against trading Wright. I just think it's unrealistic to expect that it will happen. As a general rule, players who don't want to be traded very rarely are - and there is nothing to indicate that Wright is likely to request a trade.

Anyone who thinks Douglas (and to a lesser extent Wright) is on the table clearly has no understanding of how trading works in the AFL.

Lyons is probably the only player who is likely to be traded this year - and if that happens it will be at his request.

Wright might be back in the midfield pecking order, but he's still in the best 22 (though he was dropped for R23 after a prolonged period of poor form). The fact that he's no longer our preferred small forward (thank God) is not a reason for him to request a trade - and hence not a reason why he would be traded.

No, I'm not happy with zero list changes. I think we have large volumes of dead wood that need to be cleared away. Wright might be on that list, but he's a fair way down the pile and shouldn't be on the chopping block in 2014 (2015 is another matter).

So you wait until a player is clearly out of your best 22 before trading them?

Yep, that'll get you good value in return...

Bizarre. But not as hilarious as Smithalicious's post above : )

So you wait until a player is clearly out of your best 22 before trading them?

Yep, that'll get you good value in return...

Bizarre. But not as hilarious as Smithalicious's post above : )
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is even a relevant point. Players simply don't get traded if they don't want to leave (assuming the club isn't going to delist them) and certainly not to teams they don't want to play for. About the only real relevancy is that players outside the best 22 are most likely to request a trade, because they think that they will have limited opportunities where they are.

I agree d
Anyone who thinks Douglas (and to a lesser extent Wright) is on the table clearly has no understanding of how trading works in the AFL.

Lyons is probably the only player who is likely to be traded this year - and if that happens it will be at his request.

Wright might be back in the midfield pecking order, but he's still in the best 22 (though he was dropped for R23 after a prolonged period of poor form). The fact that he's no longer our preferred small forward (thank God) is not a reason for him to request a trade - and hence not a reason why he would be traded.

No, I'm not happy with zero list changes. I think we have large volumes of dead wood that need to be cleared away. Wright might be on that list, but he's a fair way down the pile and shouldn't be on the chopping block in 2014 (2015 is another matter).
I agree Douglas unlikely to be traded. I included him in my posts as his name comes up and is one who has value but wouldn't class as untouchable.

Weight IMO 100% fits the Vince criteria of trade potential. He can be covered without listing too much and improving draft position at the same time.

Remember VB is an in to the side next year so trading a fringe best 22 player doesn't even mean a loss of experience/quality from this years side. One possibility is VB tags, kerridge becomes wright. This is 1 of many depending on roles they want people in.

Our tippet sanction recovery is not over and we need to keep being aggressive if we can to gradually make up that list ground on our list.

If sanfo if mooting 8-9 changes they won't be delistings and new draftees. Maybe 4 draft picks (if we get another pick in 1st 3 rds at least which means 1 trade to get that already). The rest will be FA, rookie upgrades and traded in players. We won't make 8-9 without trading a couple if we can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that this is even a relevant point. Players simply don't get traded if they don't want to leave (assuming the club isn't going to delist them) and certainly not to teams they don't want to play for. About the only real relevancy is that players outside the best 22 are most likely to request a trade, because they think that they will have limited opportunities where they are.

Bernie Vince says hi.

You tell a player he'll have limited opportunities next year and that you want to invest games in other players in his position and see how much he wants to hang around. Exhibit B - Luke Ball.

Don't actually mind that.

Good combination.
Yep... maybe get Tom Williams and Tim Walsh while we're at it.
Yay, another old guy for Sando. Cos we all know we need to strike while we are in that premiership window.
He comes free, he's younger than Radar, he's hasn't missed a game for 3 years I read somewhere (despite his ACL concerns), he releases Brodie Smith to his rightful spot in midfield, he wouldn't cost us much... Not sure what there isn't to like when you consider the profile of our playing list?

I really feel we need to land two Free Agents this offseason. We would've had a pretty penny allotted for Gibbs, altho we've probably sprayed half of that all over Mackay.

Frawley, Goldsack, Higgins, Malceski - unlikely but would go a long way to catching up from our draft penalties if we could land two of these.

I really feel we need to land two Free Agents this offseason. We would've had a pretty penny allotted for Gibbs, altho we've probably sprayed half of that all over Mackay.

Frawley, Goldsack, Higgins, Malceski - unlikely but would go a long way to catching up from our draft penalties if we could land two of these.

Gee roles off the tongue easy enough .......guess what so is every other team as well

The word is Frawley to Geelong is a done deal ............Goldsack is the only other player i want and chances are about 15%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back