Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Brown, Talia, goldsack
Hb: Henderson, Hartigan, van berlo
I: jaensch
Midfield: Smith

Laird is tradeable imo.

:eek: Dont trade little Lairdy, he's my favourite:cry:

But no in all seriousness, I like Laird A LOT. Think he's a very underrated small defender and he's so clean when the pressure is seriously on. I want him in the 22 somehow.... just make it happen.

Yep... maybe get Tom Williams and Tim Walsh while we're at it.

He comes free, he's younger than Radar, he's hasn't missed a game for 3 years I read somewhere (despite his ACL concerns), he releases Brodie Smith to his rightful spot in midfield, he wouldn't cost us much... Not sure what there isn't to like when you consider the profile of our playing list?

Why be an a-hole?

How does that help anyone.

Goldsack will 100% be here tomorrow. Malceski is weighing up future. Adelaides offer is the best $$$ wise. Will keep you all posted.

Redhorse great to see you back

the offer you speak about is that in regards to Goldy or Malceski ?

But no in all seriousness, I like Laird A LOT. Think he's a very underrated small defender and he's so clean when the pressure is seriously on. I want him in the 22 somehow.... just make it happen.

Laird and Brown likely fighting for the same spot, which means one is used as depth... i think both these lads are good enough, can we keep them both happy for the long term? the lesser will seek greener pastures i reckon.

Sando confirmed Malceski is someone they'll look at. Says they haven't talked to Goldsack yet.
Wasn't his response more like we'll consider anyone & iam sure Malceski will be discussed ?

Malceski being discussed could be a 15 second dismissive discussion

Laird and Brown likely fighting for the same spot, which means one is used as depth... i think both these lads are good enough, can we keep them both happy for the long term? the lesser will seek greener pastures i reckon.
no problems both will be kept ........one will translate to the midfield

Brown a tagger??

I think the main reason Laird wasnt in the side was because having Brown, Laird & Jaensch all playing in defence made us too short, and because none of these guys are particularly good over head either we would get seriously exposed when Ruckmen or tall midfielders (e.g Dustin Martin/Pendlebury) would rest in the forward line. I imagine they decided to take Laird out because Brown is better defensively and Jaensch is the delivery guy out of defence, they tried Laird in the midfield unsuccessfully.

I like Laird too, but no room for him, Brown & MJ. If we can get any value for any of them, I would trade as we have other positions of dire need.

Goldsack will 100% be here tomorrow. Malceski is weighing up future. Adelaides offer is the best $$$ wise. Will keep you all posted.
Wish you were right, but sound like Port have the front running on Goldsack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee roles off the tongue easy enough .......guess what so is every other team as well

The word is Frawley to Geelong is a done deal ............Goldsack is the only other player i want and chances are about 15%
Yes, we are no chance on Frawley. Also, the $'s mentioned is crazy talk.

Goldsack we should up Port's offer (within reason).

I reckon it would be great for Hendo…move him to the wing.

No-one is saying these defensive FA options win us a premiership, but they do shore up our poor defence in the short-medium term.
Particularly given we have so much deadwood given draft sanctions.

The only proviso is salary cap - but we should still have plenty given front loading of contracts since Tippett left space.

Gee roles off the tongue easy enough .......guess what so is every other team as well

The word is Frawley to Geelong is a done deal ............Goldsack is the only other player i want and chances are about 15%

I know every other club is hunting FAs too but we should have the cap space given we lost a gun tall forward for nothing and don't have rising first & second round draft picks to stump up for.

Geelong may well end up with Frawley but it feels wrong - they've already got Taylor, Lonergen and Rivers. Plus how could they fit him in their cap?

Maybe planning in playing Taylor as a permanent forward.

Frawley seems a perfect fit for the Hawks. Or the Crows!

A certain Brodie Smith says hi!
I'm happy to see Smith play both inside and outside at times, similar to Sloane.

If that means our other 400K handballing wingman gets squeezed out then so be it!!

Also, we've had rubbish outside run all season, will need more than just Smith to fix it (though he will be amazing in the midfield).

I'm not a massive VB fan, but we know he will return. If VB and Malceski replace Hendo and Smith in defence I'm OK with that. Goldsack would be the 3rd tall/utility, allowing us to give Siggins some but not all games next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back