Competitions AFC Board - Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 26 - Tyler Keitel
Dogs have got 1 KPF this off-season in Boyd and will get another in Keitel.

Pick 27 - Oscar McDonald
Dogs need some more talls in defence. McDonald will cover that hole. Is a nice height for a KPD.

Will add detail later, but storms are rolling through now.

Pick 26 - Tyler Keitel (194cm 86kg WA)
The Bulldogs have "lost" Liam Jones during the D&T period, but have gained Tom Boyd on something extravagant and have promoted bit Redpath (Still needs developing) from the rookie list. Their current forwardline talls boast Stewart Crameri (Who I see as a 3rd tall type in future with Boyd and Keitel the 2 primary forwards), Boyd (As of 2015) and Jake Stringer (Who will move into the midfield and rotate forward in the future imo). Keitel is quite solid with no standout deficiencies. Give him a couple pre-seasons and he will be at least competitive as the Bulldogs have a crack at a flag in 2017/18.

Pick 27 - Oscar McDonald (196cm 88kg VC)
Bulldogs desperately need a KPD to develop seeing as their KPD stocks are dire to say the least. McDonald is a good size (Which made me pick him ahead of another player I had in mind) and has runs on the board (Made TAC Cup team of the year) against the best forwards in this years draft. If he applies himself like his brother at Melbourne, he should have a nice career and be a key component of the future for the Doggies.

Pick 30 (Collingwood): Corey Ellis, Western Jets/Vic Metro.

Skilful left footer, can play in defence, in midfield or on the wing.

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=696654

Most phantom drafts have him around pick 20, so a small bargain I think.

With Laverde and Ellis, Collingwood adds some extra class, lefty power and versatility. Outside of Pendles/Williams/Cloke, their team is almost entirely made up of right footers.

Last edited:
Keitel will probably play forward, right?
He can play both ends.
Pick 30: Corey Ellis

Skilful left footer, can play in defence, in midfield or on the wing.

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=696654

Most phantom drafts have him around pick 20, so a small bargain I think.

With Laverde and Ellis, Collingwood adds some extra class, lefty power and versatility. Outside of Pendles/Williams/Cloke, their team is almost entirely made up of right footers.

The only slight on his game is that he is so inconsistent. I considered him at pick 25.

Nice work recruiters! Very interesting following this.

I know the real guys spend all day every day assessing and comparing players but I wonder how many complete mock drafts they do like this?

If Journos are able to predict 11 of the first 13 picks before they even happen, then I'd say the recruiters wouldn't need to do a "mock draft" as they practically know the order before they go in. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...es-first-round-prediction-20131120-2xvy6.html

It'd start becoming random at around pick 20 I'd say. That's when clubs move from best available to more targeted recruiting, so the preferences would very quite a bit.

All recruiters would know the predicted range of most players too I'd think.

Pick 31 Hawthorn: Dean Gore
Inside midfielder who hits the contest hard, will eventually succeed the likes of Jordan Lewis and Sam Mitchell as their inside mids.
Will put more of a description tomorrow after work.

Pick 33, Richmond: Josh Glenn.

A ready to go player for their mid and defender rotations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back