Competitions AFC Board - Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne could do with a KPD but lots of them are already gone. So I'm going to take

Pick 53 - Matthew Hammelmann

No one took this bloke yet, a tall utility that could be used at either end of the ground. Mostly played as a forward, but could help out down back (maybe).

Lot of other Phantom Drafts had him at a pick in the 40s, so he's slid a bit in our draft.

Gee I hope the draft doesn't pan out like this for us. Not impressed with our selections at all!
Lucky Daniel is not our recruiting manager. It's just a bit of fun, I'm drafting from what I think North realistically would want and need. But not everyone does that with their teams.

Fremantle Pick 54 - Jordan Cunico, Gippsland Power

From the reports online, this kid is a wingman who doesn't mind a run and 3 bounce carry. Not very strong upper-body and tends to get pushed off the ball at this stage of his career, but a few pre-seasons in the gym will do him well. Could be the re-incarnation of Heath Black! Fremantle would enjoy his run and carry on the opposite wing to Stephen Hill for many years to come.

Next up is boffo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pick #55, Geelong select

Daniel Howe
Best available medium-tall defender.
Height:191cm
Weight:84kg

Inside word

Mobile tall defender with strong overhead marking ability. Takes the game on and shows initiative. Impressed as a 19-year-old in four matches for Vic Country in NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 17 disposals, four marks, two tackles and two clearances at 76 per cent efficiency. Played 11 games in the TAC Cup, averaging 19 touches. Was equal-second in kicking test (28/30) at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

(While researching this I was thinking: 'does anyone on this Board give a flying f.... who Geelong picks at #55?')

pick #55, Geelong select

Daniel Howe
Best available medium-tall defender.
Height:191cm
Weight:84kg

Inside word

Mobile tall defender with strong overhead marking ability. Takes the game on and shows initiative. Impressed as a 19-year-old in four matches for Vic Country in NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 17 disposals, four marks, two tackles and two clearances at 76 per cent efficiency. Played 11 games in the TAC Cup, averaging 19 touches. Was equal-second in kicking test (28/30) at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

(While researching this I was thinking: 'does anyone on this Board give a flying f.... who Geelong picks at #55?')

Only me as I am still waiting for my first pick!! Who's next?

Only me as I am still waiting for my first pick!! Who's next?

LOL. What do you see as Port's need?

Whoever they pick they'll say "we were surprised they were still available, we rate him really highly and have been watching him for a couple of years".

LOL. What do you see as Port's need?

Whoever they pick they'll say "we were surprised they were still available, we rate him really highly and have been watching him for a couple of years".
Best available wiht a bit of X factor with first pick. I would have picked Daniel if available. 2nd pick will be a ruck. And stop stealing my thunder!!!

Player Number 4344343433, no wait s**t that's Shaun McKernan... I really want

Pick 57 - Port: Aidan Anderson (WA, Exciting small forward)

182 cm, 83 kg, 10/8/96

This player never gives up, and is a big INXS fan. Born in a working class suburb he has pulled himself up by the bootstraps and has vowed to never stop stop stop until he is top top top. He has pace, great skills, and a booming left and right foot. Has been known to care for sick animals and is a big supporter of many charities. A future Brownlow medallist and was expected to go in the top ten*

*Note if Vantz takes this bloke I will take Toby McLean instead. Can't wait as I am going out for a few beers, and lord knows when I will be sober or awake again.:D

Pick 56 - North Melbourne - Taylor Grace (183cm/76KG)
306738-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-21/draft-prospect-taylor-grace
dogs105

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back