List Mgmt. AFC Player Contracts - Updates Please

Remove this Banner Ad

So on channel 9 a little earlier Warren Tredrea stated that Lynch and his management were looking for a 3 year deal but the Crows only were offering a 2 year 2 and nobody was budging. I'm not sure if anyone on here has reported this previously or not and if so I'm sorry.

After hearing this straight away I thought to the Mackay trade, he was given 4 years so then why is Lynch who definitely is week in week out best 22 and is a proven performer not given a similar or yet better deal than a spud like DMack? I know Tom isn't a superstar by any stretch but definitely is 10 times the player Mackay has been or will ever be... I'd really like to see a 900k over 3 year deal around that to be done.

Two years is probably the right length of contract for Lynch on merit.

Don't budge and if he doesn't like it explore a trade. Would be clubs out there quite keen on him I reckon.

I reckon he'll end up taking the two years though.

The reason he wants three years is he knows he's not a super talent, that he is first choice now but it would only take one forward to come into the club or McGovern to develop for him to be an the outer.

No issues with Ten goal Tommy getting 3 years @ 900k, seems a reasonable deal for both sides.

Don't budge and if he doesn't like it explore a trade. Would be clubs out there quite keen on him I reckon.

The reason he wants three years is he knows he's not a super talent, that he is first choice now but it would only take one forward to come into the club or McGovern to develop for him to be an the outer.

Glad you agree... Look I'm up him being trade bait as long as we then play McGovern/proper third tall in his spot if he leaves/forked out.

He has had issues with injuries as well. This has been his first full year, uninjured. Not overly concerning, but definitely a consideration if you are talking 3 years.

Definitely deserves it and 300th would be an amazing performance especially considering the slow start to his career.

Maybe its the lack of success during his time but his 300th will just be another game. Unlike Roo, Macca, Hart and Edwards that felt like a celebration.

Maybe its the lack of success during his time but his 300th will just be another game. Unlike Roo, Macca, Hart and Edwards that felt like a celebration.

Can't agree with that, a bloke that will play 300 games (261 for us by then) whether or not we've tasted success in that time or not should be irrelevant. He's been a great player for the club over that time who should have arguably won the Brownlow in 2012.

So on channel 9 a little earlier Warren Tredrea stated that Lynch and his management were looking for a 3 year deal but the Crows only were offering a 2 year 2 and nobody was budging. I'm not sure if anyone on here has reported this previously or not and if so I'm sorry.

After hearing this straight away I thought to the Mackay trade, he was given 4 years so then why is Lynch who definitely is week in week out best 22 and is a proven performer not given a similar or yet better deal than a spud like DMack? I know Tom isn't a superstar by any stretch but definitely is 10 times the player Mackay has been or will ever be... I'd really like to see a 900k over 3 year deal around that to be done.

For a guy who is 24 years old and cemented in the best 22 as Tom is, a 2 year offer really seems a strange one to me. Can anyone explain the club's rationale on? Would this just be because of his injuries? Because from memory the vast majority of those have been freak accidents haven't they?

Just give him what he wants, there's a few expendable players on our list right now who we could afford to be playing cat & mouse with over contracts, but Lynch is not one of them.

For a guy who is 24 years old and cemented in the best 22 as Tom is, a 2 year offer really seems a strange one to me. Can anyone explain the club's rationale on? Would this just be because of his injuries? Because from memory the vast majority of those have been freak accidents haven't they?

Just give him what he wants, there's a few expendable players on our list right now who we could afford to be playing cat & mouse with over contracts, but Lynch is not one of them.
Seems we're on board for shorter contracts. Brown and O'Brien signed for 2. Tex, Laird, Sloane and Douglas all got 3 and they could have gotten more (4-5 for Tex and Sloane).

You could make a case either way for Lynch getting 2 or 3. I imagine we may be in a similar position as Collingwood with Tyson Goldsack. He wanted 3, they wanted 2, he started negotiating with us and Port which got the Pies to give him his extra year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they're worried about giving him a long term deal because he keeps ducking into tackles. That's how he got a broken neck last year, he's lucky to still be walking let alone playing footy. And he's still doing it - he ducked into another tackle last week against Richmond.

I'm a big fan of the guy as a player, but that's a habit he needs to break immediately. But if he's still doing it even after what happened to him last year, you have to wonder if he's capable of changing.

Maybe they want to stagger contracts more. Have a more even number of players out of contract in any one year

Maybe they're worried about giving him a long term deal because he keeps ducking into tackles. That's how he got a broken neck last year, he's lucky to still be walking let alone playing footy. And he's still doing it - he ducked into another tackle last week against Richmond.

I'm a big fan of the guy as a player, but that's a habit he needs to break immediately. But if he's still doing it even after what happened to him last year, you have to wonder if he's capable of changing.

Completely forgot of those few incidents, I really was disgusted with those techniques of ducking. Last thing you would is an Alex McKinnon sorta thing in the AFL.

(Danger aside) Grigg, Wright, Kerridge are the signings I'm most interested in

In the context that I think the rest of our out of contract players are either on the delist/retire pile or required players unlikely to go anywhere.

These are the 3 who could either be considering a move home (kerridge) or be seen as expendable by us and happy to wait and see if we can get any trade value.
Kerridge move home? Mildura doesn't have a team lol he's better off staying here.

If he had a broken neck, he wouldn't be playing football

Lynch is criminally underrated on here.
He provides something that no other player on our list does, a genuine lead up target across the ground.

Sure he has his limitations, but he is a player that we simply should be keeping if possible.
In saying that, dont wanna sell the farm to keep him, but he gets way too much negative feedback on here.

Lynch is criminally underrated on here.
He provides something that no other player on our list does, a genuine lead up target across the ground.

Sure he has his limitations, but he is a player that we simply should be keeping if possible.
In saying that, dont wanna sell the farm to keep him, but he gets way too much negative feedback on here.

Personally I don't think he's underrated, I think unlike Tex and JJ he has limitations to what he probably could achieve as to those two really don't...

Personally I don't think he's underrated, I think unlike Tex and JJ he has limitations to what he probably could achieve as to those two really don't...

He's underrated because people dont realise hes quite important to our structure.
He's not a star like a Tex, but IMO he's far more important than JJ.

You could put RO'B in place of JJ and you wouldnt lose much, but we have nobody who plays like Lynch.

He's underrated because people dont realise hes quite important to our structure.
He's not a star like a Tex, but IMO he's far more important than JJ.

You could put RO'B in place of JJ and you wouldnt lose much, but we have nobody who plays like Lynch.

But we do have two possible upgrades playing in the magoos in McGovern and Ramsey. Both of them are playing the 'lynch' role there and doing very well. Mitch is the one I think who will quite likely oust Lynch out of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back