Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It's baaaa-aaaack!

For the uninitiated, this is a goal kicking game for the Adelaide Board. It's been running for a few years. It's fun and stuff. Participation is mandatory, repeat mandatory.

Current Reigning Champion: AFC979810

Hall of Fame: Coopers, Hinkstuff, SugarShane, Dirty Bird, jenny61_99, AFC979810

Broom Closet of Fame: johnnypanther, AFC979810, Glenno23, Brown_WOOLF, Tarasque36, DangerSloane, DD#23, Glenno23 again, Mattrox

Rule Changes

None!

Finally settled on a decent set of rules last year and will stick with them.

Rules
Basic plot: You have to pick an Adelaide goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe. If you don't get a selection in on time you get no one.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Crows first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Sub: If your player gets subbed on/subbed off - bad luck.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

I think that's everything.

Good luck.

Edit - had a query about carryover goals from sub selections. These are disabled this year. Your sub goals no longer negate your actual goals unless you've nominated this preference beforehand.

3 Points Carl:

1. Does it hurt just a little that you have been running this comp for years and are yet to taste that sweet taste of victory?

2. Whats the difference between the Hall of Fame and Broom Closet Hall of Fame - (doesn't really matter to me since I am in both).

3. I hope that everyones 'inner voice' is reading this with the exact level of smugness that I am typing it.

Sincerely,

The ever brilliant Reigning Champion, Hall of Fame member and Broom Closet Hall of Fame Member.

3 Points Carl:

1. Does it hurt just a little that you have been running this comp for years and are yet to taste that sweet taste of victory?
I really just enjoy making up the rules

And pinging people for breaching them

2. Whats the difference between the Hall of Fame and Broom Closet Hall of Fame - (doesn't really matter to me since I am in both).
Hall of Fame are the outright winners.

Broom Closet of Fame is for the tipsters who made it into the final 2-3 tipsters but we either ran out of rounds (like last season) or they all bombed at the same time and there was no outright winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back