AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling likes its going to be a pretty even year. Although the Hawks, Freo, Geelong and Port should be top 4 come the finals.

I can't see port being top 4 but certainly the other three.

The battle for fourth could be anyone's but I would go with the dons assuming the drug thing doesn't materialise.

You try having 10 best 22 players out of your team, pretty much playing 1st year players. We'll see how you cope with that.

It really has been a horror start for Leppa and the young Lions. For such a young team, they really needed a lot to go right to challenge for a spot in the finals. Unfortunately they have coped a number of serious injuries to very important players, and being such a young team they simply have not been able to cover them. They will likely finish bottom 4 now, hopefully they net a good young player from a strong draft and refocus on next year.

Update

Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Essendon
Collingwood

North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Richmond
Adelaide
GWS
Brisbane
Carlton
Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update

Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Essendon
Collingwood

North Melbourne
Gold Coast
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Richmond
Adelaide
GWS
Brisbane
Carlton
Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would criticise you for barely adjusting the current ladder, but it's fair enough. Last year, after 4 rounds, 1-7 all ended up making the finals, with the Crows in 8th dropping out to make way for Freo (unless you count Essendon* making way for Carlton).

1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Fremantle
4. Essendon
5. Port Adelaide
6. Kangaroos
7. West Coast
8. Collingwood

9. Gold Coast
10. Sydney
11. Richmond
12. Western Bulldogs
13. GWS
14. Adelaide
15. St Kila
16. Carlton
17. Brisbane
19. Melbourne

LMAO at everyone revising their ladders 4 rounds in. In fact the tips are changing by the game. Sydney tipped to finish 4th/5th just this morning, now they're not even in the top 8.

Thread should've been locked after the first bounce of Freo vs Collingwood and not reopened until at least round 10, where we can get a better gauge on how teams are really travelling.

Port beats 3 bottom 6 teams and is "top 4"?

Wat
You'll beat us this week and take our current top 4 spot. Though we were bottom 6 in 2013 ..... And the way things are going , potentially 2014 too but I hope not :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Geelong
4. Port Adelaide
5. Essendon
6. West Coast
7. Collingwood
8. North Melbourne
-------
9. Sydney
10. Richmond
11. Gold Coast
12. Adelaide
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Carlton
15. GWS Giants
16. St.Kilda
17. Brisbane
18. Melbourne

Essendon I've taken a risk on. They've started well the past 3 years and limped into finals or out of the top 8 each time. West Coast seem to have injuries so that could see them drop down, but I do think they'll make it. I think Collingwood and North are the two best of that middle pack. Collingwood already have key wins over Sydney and Richmond, whilst North have beaten Port and Sydney. This week is key but I believe whoever wins more games against the teams in their group/tier, will make it.
Gold Coast and GWS will continue to climb whilst I think the wooden spoon will go to the Dees.

I'll probably reconsider in a couple of rounds.

1: Hawthorn
2: Fremantle
3: Geelong
4: Port Adelaide
5: Collingwood
6: Essendon
7: North Melbourne
8: West Coast
9: Sydney
10: Richmond
11: Footscray
12: Gold Coast
13: St. Kilda
14: Adelaide
15: GWS
16: Carlton
17: Brisbane
18: Melbourne

Richmond tank round 23 against the Swans to stop themselves from coming 9th, Bigfooty melts down.

so i did mine. came out a bit weird.

geelong
hawthorn
fremantle
richmond
north
port
bulldogs
essendon
---
gold coast
adelaide
sydney
collingwood
west coast
brisbane
carlton
st kilda
melbourne
gws
this is now looking really quite astute, exceptions of richmond & bulldogs really. well done lenny

After Rd 4. Essendon will probably lose a game or two more. And I messed up hawks, they should finish with 18-19

Looks fairly lop sided. But with 8 sides looking well below top 8 material, hence the evenness between 1-6 and 15 game entry to the 8.
And even Richmond/Collingwood and Gold coast look mediocre.

FYI I have Hawks losing to

Geelong
North
Fremantle

I think I ****ed this ladder predictor up. Hawks should probably finish top

1. Hawks
2. North
3. Essendon
4. Port
5. Freo

I don't think I have any of the top 6 sides losing to anyone from 10-18

ladder3.jpg

It really has been a horror start for Leppa and the young Lions. For such a young team, they really needed a lot to go right to challenge for a spot in the finals. Unfortunately they have coped a number of serious injuries to very important players, and being such a young team they simply have not been able to cover them. They will likely finish bottom 4 now, hopefully they net a good young player from a strong draft and refocus on next year.
At least Leppa can say he was ****ed from the start. Can hardly blame him.

My new predictions 4 rounds in (assuming Essendon players don't get done. There is still a decent chance they will)

1. Hawthorn
2. Fremantle
3. Essendon
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Port Adelaide
7. Collingwood
8. North Melbourne
9. Gold Coast
10. Richmond
11. Sydney
12. Western Bulldogs
13. GWS Giants
14. Adelaide
15. Carlton
16. Brisbane
17. St. Kilda
18. Melbourne

Decent gap between 4th and 5th along with 11th and 12th

After Rd 4. Essendon will probably lose a game or two more. And I messed up hawks, they should finish with 18-19

Looks fairly lop sided. But with 8 sides looking well below top 8 material, hence the evenness between 1-6 and 15 game entry to the 8.
And even Richmond/Collingwood and Gold coast look mediocre.

FYI I have Hawks losing to

Geelong
North
Fremantle

I think I ****** this ladder predictor up. Hawks should probably finish top

1. Hawks
2. North
3. Essendon
4. Port
5. Freo

I don't think I have any of the top 6 sides losing to anyone from 10-18

ladder3.jpg

****ed it up is an understatment

1. Geelong
2. Hawthorn
3. WCE
4. Port Adelaide
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Collingwood

------------------
9. Gold Coast
10. Richmond
11. Adelaide
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Carlton
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

Hawks, Cats, Dockers, Port, Bombers, Roos, Eagles, Pies, Swans, Suns, Tigers, Crows, Dogs, Blues, Saints, Giants, Demons, Lions.

7-10 will be fairly close. Reckon we will beat most of the teams below us but absolutely none above us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back