AFL 2014 ROUND 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are officially one if the worst teams, if notthe worst team in the league. Losing to the Melbourne Demons. What has happened to that club?! Is it malthouse? SURELY they'll come back in this game

I had them in a multi at the start of the week, then this afternoon I saw pigs fly along with my money out of my balcony window lol.:p:confused:

Port paying $1.90 against WCE next weekend....load up!

Seeing a lot of positivity towards Sydney.. am I wrong in thinking they aren't that good? At least in comparison to North.

Granted, I've only watched glimpses of Sydney this year, and much more of North but they seem a lot more evenly matched to me.

North are 2 wins and 1 loss vs Sydney who are 1 win and 2 losses. North having lost to a very impressive Essendon and beat both Port (who I rate incredibly highly this season) and the Dogs. Sydney have lost to GWS and Collingwood, and have beaten a rather ordinary Crows outfit.

Perhaps it's the Swans history against the Roos, the home ground advantage or that I haven't seen enough of them.

I think the Sydney -5.5 line @ $1.53 sounds feasible.North +23.5 @ $1.60 is nice too.

What are peoples opinions on this? There's some decent lines for a big Swans win, I just don't know how close this game will be.

North Melbourne is also a poor interstate team. Out of the 16 interstate games played in 2012/2013, they have only won 4.

Based on form though, I wouldn't touch that game. The Swans are quite unpredictable at the moment.

Damn it, actually had Either Team by 100+ @ $21 in my bet slip.

Lenny told me in the pre-season that if something like this wins, I would get my account closed so decided against it.
umm so just to people don't think i'm that big of a *, to clarify this is the exchange willz is talking about
Cheers for that.

Just gone:
0.33U - Adelaide vs Port Adelaide: Either Team to Win by 100+ @ $80 (Bet365)
Outstanding. If it gets up you've probably lost your account but there are worse ways to do it

it had absolutely zero to do with it being a 100+ market and everything to do with backing an $80 winner at bet365, who are known to limit/close at the first available opportunity that they suspect you of having a clue

Seeing a lot of positivity towards Sydney.. am I wrong in thinking they aren't that good? At least in comparison to North.

Granted, I've only watched glimpses of Sydney this year, and much more of North but they seem a lot more evenly matched to me.

North are 2 wins and 1 loss vs Sydney who are 1 win and 2 losses. North having lost to a very impressive Essendon and beat both Port (who I rate incredibly highly this season) and the Dogs. Sydney have lost to GWS and Collingwood, and have beaten a rather ordinary Crows outfit.

Perhaps it's the Swans history against the Roos, the home ground advantage or that I haven't seen enough of them.

I think the Sydney -5.5 line @ $1.53 sounds feasible.North +23.5 @ $1.60 is nice too.

What are peoples opinions on this? There's some decent lines for a big Swans win, I just don't know how close this game will be.

Despite Sydney's patchy form i think the market is about right with them being favorites, it's going to be very wet today which makes it even harder.
We haven't beaten Sydney since 2007 and haven't won at the SCG since 2004.

Don't mind us at +23.5 though i think we will be very competitive and win would be a nice surprise :)

Don't mind us at +23.5 though i think we will be very competitive and win would be a nice surprise :)

The line has come in for that which is now 15.5, the 23.5 is now $1.58, the Swans have beaten the Roos by over 5 goals last two times when they played away from the dome, so be cautious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sandilands special on sportsbet how many HO he will get 50+ 59+ 64+ theres no market for under 50 and hes only gone over 1/3 times this year and only just

The line has come in for that which is now 15.5, the 23.5 is now $1.58, the Swans have beaten the Roos by over 5 goals last two times when they played away from the dome, so be cautious.

Yeah not putting any money on the result just going to enjoy the match (got one leg of my multi on total pts though)
Hey does anyone know how you do those player h2h bets like who will get more possies than the other
Couldn't seem to find it on sportsbet.

The Sandilands special on sportsbet how many HO he will get 50+ 59+ 64+ theres no market for under 50 and hes only gone over 1/3 times this year and only just
You don't expect sportsbet to be fair, do you?

Having said that he is up against Carlisle and Daniher. Should get EVERY hit out.

I like either team Under 15.5pts in all 3 games.

Might have a small nibble at that today ...

Can anyone is Sydney tell us how the weather is? Doesn't look to bad on the radar but I read otherwise.

Anyone see value in Winderlich @ $8 or Hardingham @ $7.50 for most goals today?

Most notable goal scorer in the last few games has been Pavlich with a small bag off 3.

1 unit Dal Santo over Harvey SC @ $1.80
Both had pretty good starts to the year averaging 115 and 119 but I take this based on Harvey being mroe likely to average 100 this year with his older age as his best is 104 in the last 5 years and has averaged just below 100 in 3/5 of those years. I think Dal still has some good footy left in him and has averaged over 100 just about every year since SC started and I expect him to be somewhere between 105-110 this year.

2 units Goddard Over Mundy DT @ $1.70
Bit of a hedge on Watson over Goddard in SC but looking like Mundy gets the Hocking tag for sure. Mundy has scored just 88 and 79 in the last 2 games and Goddard shouldnt have any troubles getting his usual 100.

Adding 2 units Mundy under 98.5 DT @ $1.87 for the above reasons. Props to Keystone for bringing this one to my attention. Will no doubt get crunched in shortly

Last edited:
Anyone see value in Winderlich @ $8 or Hardingham @ $7.50 for most goals today?

Most notable goal scorer in the last few games has been Pavlich with a small bag off 3.
Yeh i quite like this one aswell. Dont expect the essendon talls to score against freo defenders. With chappy out i can see a winderlich or hardingham kicking the goals. maybe a goddard.

1u winderlich most goals @10
1u hardingham mgs @12

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back