AFL 2015, Round 2: Essendon vs Hawthorn - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Never mind the doping, Essendon should be docked points for Michael Hurley's haircut alone.

I love his haircut. He looks like a viking out there. He's gotten even bigger over summer. He's seriously massive and just cuts a swathe through other players now.

Great game. The doubters and rose-tinted nostalgists tell you footy ain't what it used to be, but Melbourne produces a week of glorious weather and a beast of a game to remind you why this is the best game in the world.

Brave last few minutes by Essendon.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the ASADA investigation (and I didn't follow it closely because it bored the s**t out of me) am delighted for my Essendon mates that we can finally talk about footy again.

And if Tom Boyd at 21 turns out anything near as good as Joe Daniher, I'll be happy enough. They're the same height but I think Daniher will always have him covered for mobility and adaptability.

Its weird to feel sorry for Essendon. But for whats coming at them today, I do.
Confused_screaming.jpg

Just read that.

Weirdly it explained why the seconds can't be reclaimed during a bad bounce but still seems to indicate the Hawks were robbed.

I probably wouldn't care if we didn't lose but I think it is something the game needs to address because that sort of thing happens in every game and you lose a few seconds each time it does.

I probably wouldn't care if we didn't lose but I think it is something the game needs to address because that sort of thing happens in every game and you lose a few seconds each time it does.
Not disagreeing mate.

I've been a strong advocate of rewinding the clock because I've always believed yesterday's scenario would occur. I'm thankful we were on the right side of the coin in this one.

It's just a strange article in that it explains why it occurred and still makes out like Hawthorn got screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a bit like saying we don't want umpires making mistakes anymore because it can cost matches. I agree with you but it's always going to happen. You've just got to take the good with the bad.

Thats a bit like saying we don't want umpires making mistakes anymore because it can cost matches. I agree with you but it's always going to happen. You've just got to take the good with the bad.

I don't think that's good enough. We can't just accept losing seconds of game-time? What if it costs you a final this year? You aren't going to say "gotta take the good with the bad", I don't think.

Surely they can just adjust the clock correctly to make up for lost time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back