AFL 2015, Round 5 - Adelaide v Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just turned it on. Port dumped the white strip for a white square?

It's their new showdown jumper, white strip is still in place but they wear this in showdowns (only introduced this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm
Broadcast: Seven (SA only), Foxfooty (National)
Weather: Partly cloudy. 17

Just came home turned on Port and Crows and instantly a last quarter abomination from an umpire , bad decision Westof and opponent both holding stupid decision totally cruelled Crows,they lost concentration causing two goals against them from an umpire decision that was wrong. , I am continually left at a loss to how these guys interpret frees, I know they get blind sided but really 15 to 20 feet looking straight at it and a 50/50 gets called a free .

Left the room came to the computer. AFL still is losing people with unreliable umpiring , that can change a game and ruin momentum.

Who writes the rules is one question , but who the hell teaches umpires how to interpret things happening. Yesterday I saw infringements every where left alone and other stuff just called lots were good decisions, but I hardly saw a free inn the forward line when it was a forward who would have got it.

They appear to be too frightened to call frees in front of the victims goal, but this umpire called bull s**t! well I am not watching the end of the game.

There is lots of inconsistency every week from umpiring.

I realise how hard it is, but really , umpiring hierarchy???? you must see the same things , I just get frustrated. Once upon a time you could pick frees , and others that were 50/50 were left alone or to the umpires discretion , the umpiring now days is minimum penalty is the heaviest, there is no discretion, and it is turning Australian rules into AFL , know what I mean?? Its AFL now not footy. I thought things were improving but fair dinkum.

And how many bad decisions get "paid back " to the side freed against them a minute before, that tells me they do make terrible game changing mistakes.

Why persist with Cheeney????

he's only playing this role due to the hartigan horrorshow from last week. been excellent for us as the 3rd tall, but the decision must've come down to do we persist with hartigan in a showdown or take the chance with cheeney. unfortunately hasn't worked.

Just came home turned on Port and Crows and instantly a last quarter abomination from an umpire , bad decision Westof and opponent both holding stupid decision totally cruelled Crows,they lost concentration causing two goals against them from an umpire decision that was wrong. , I am continually left at a loss to how these guys interpret frees, I know they get blind sided but really 15 to 20 feet looking straight at it and a 50/50 gets called a free .

Left the room came to the computer. AFL still is losing people with unreliable umpiring , that can change a game and ruin momentum.

Who writes the rules is one question , but who the hell teaches umpires how to interpret things happening. Yesterday I saw infringements every where left alone and other stuff just called lots were good decisions, but I hardly saw a free inn the forward line when it was a forward who would have got it.

They appear to be too frightened to call frees in front of the victims goal, but this umpire called bull s**t! well I am not watching the end of the game.

There is lots of inconsistency every week from umpiring.

I realise how hard it is, but really , umpiring hierarchy???? you must see the same things , I just get frustrated. Once upon a time you could pick frees , and others that were 50/50 were left alone or to the umpires discretion , the umpiring now days is minimum penalty is the heaviest, there is no discretion, and it is turning Australian rules into AFL , know what I mean?? Its AFL now not footy. I thought things were improving but fair dinkum.

And how many bad decisions get "paid back " to the side freed against them a minute before, that tells me they do make terrible game changing mistakes.

I'm not sure The Wookie deserved that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back