AFL 2015, Round 6; NM v Richmond @ Blundstone in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think I've ever seen a team do so little and kick 7 goals in a quater for it like north just did. Richmond literally handed them every goal. Wow.

What about last year in the corresponding fixture last year when North piled on seven goals in the third?

I understand this post at half time, but we just kicked 7 goals from 9 inside 50's.

Richmond gave us plenty of opportunity but we took them, what more could you ask that quarter?

From Richmond's errors.

Richmond seriously need to make the call on him. He's cooked.

The season's gone. It's still 2-4 but the attitude is toilet level.
Use the next couple of weeks to identify a replacement and remove Hardwick at the Bye.
Don't be softcocks in chasing a proven coach and don't be softcocks in trade week and list assessment.

What about last year in the corresponding fixture last year when North piled on seven goals in the third?
North actually won every centre clearance, their overlap run was fantastic and their pressure in the ball carrier was immense.

This time around, they actually had to do SFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why does the ump take so fking long to blow the whistle after such a s**t bounce... surely they can tell if its gonna go out or not

Richmond are just bewildering.. They have a solid list, they have some quality A-graders and a bunch of decent 2nd tier players but their has just been no improvement from the bottom end under Hardwick.

Hardwick HAS to go, they simply can't be happy to tread water. There are some brilliant assistance in the league, guys like Lappin/Bolton/Sumich all want a senior gig and have done apprentaships at succesful clubs.

Actually North don't have anywhere near as many. I mean look at these names in the Tigers side today and you understand why they're a below average team.

Griffiths, Gordon, Chaplin, Houli, Grigg, Batchelor, Grimes, Morris, McIntosh, Newman, Hunt. I could probably include a couple more too. Maybe I'm harsh on a couple there but seriously, no top 4 side has that many average names in their team.

I believe it's not even about a teams bottom 6, it's about how many genuine A/B+ graders teams have. Not to be a d*ck but just comparing Richmond to Hawthorn.

Hawthorn, it can be argued, we have 13 of these types who are either A grade or B+ in their position. These are:

Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis, Roughead, Birchall, Rioli, Gibson, Lake, Breust, Gunston, Smith, Hill.

Richmond have 7. Martin, Maric, Cotchin, Rance, Deledio, Riewoldt, Ellis. I can't see any others that could be considered.

Now you add that long with the amount of spuds in their team compared to a Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, Port who have stronger serviceable players as opposed to spuds.

I feel sorry for them, they really teased in 2013 with a 5th place finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back