AFL 2015, Round 6 - W.Bulldogs vs St Kilda, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we have back to back 6 week breaks?

Disgraceful fade out but not unexpected from a very young side

Bevo obviously didn't expect it - I was surprised to see the Doggies play that unsustainable manic pressure in the first half. Whilst it worked early the Doggies ran themselves into the ground.

Nope it wasn't. It was a wonderful victory over one of the top teams, on their home turf and in conditions that suited Sydney. It was played in taxing conditions so the Doggies were going to find it tough to play out a whole game this week. They were very good again today, but so were the Saints.

This. No shame in losing but the manner today wasn't good

I've thought for a while that Saints are rebuilding the right way. Some weeks they will turn up and it won't be so good but I think they've got a good group of young players coming through and have kept enough of the older core to guide them through the development phase. I'm not sure if this year they will finish bottom 4 but I think by next year they should be able to get out of bottom 4.

Also its ridiculous to pot saints for taking Billings. Billings is a gun already. No list has ever failed because they got a very good player instead of a slightly better one. Lists fail if you pick up duds who aren't best 22.

Armitage has absolutely taken his game to the next level. Is currently on track for AA selection the way he's going.

Bontempelli is clearly the better player, no need to have a cry turbo.

I wasn't talking about Bont. I was pointing out that if you think Billings has only played 1 good game then you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not surprised that you missed that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't talking about Bont. I was pointing out that if you think Billings has only played 1 good game then you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not surprised that you missed that point.

Wow still crying after a win, are you related to plugger ?

Dogs and Saints build better pyramids than Egyptians do.

969snq.png

Good win for St Kilda, especially considering they came off the 6 day break compared to the doggies having a 7 day break. Would be tough to win on the 6 day break with such a young side, so its a credit to St Kilda for being able to overrun the other team.
Exactly right. Both teams had grueling games last week that went down to the wire (ours was an arm wrestle for at least the last 2.5 quarters and our group looked exhausted once the final siren sounded) and we were then flat in the first half on the back of that deflating loss and the 6 day turnaround, but I think we probably got a serious rocket at half time and came out and played with an intensity that we certainly didn't see in the 3nd quarter in particular. The Doggies I think probably ran out of gas in the end to a fair degree and played more like we did in the first half in the 2nd half.

Looking forward to the rematch in about 7-8 weeks time.

In a game day thread about the Doggies thrashing the woeful saints, you manage to bring up Freo, twice I might add, and whinge about the level of support other teams get from the umps.

The fact the saints are second to every contest is the reason they give away so many free kicks, not because the umpires have a conspiracy against you.

Hahaha woefull?

Learnt a valuable footy lesson today didnt you!!

Lot of things went right for the Saints this match. We got back two hardened players to give leadership and cool heads. Our Jack brigade fired, lead by Billings going berserk. Doggies were coming off a draining win last week. We came off a draining loss which left us hungry and angry. The stars aligned and it was beautiful.

Libba, Wallis, Jong, Smith, Boyd missing from our midfield. There are actually excuses galore for us today. No wonder we couldn't win a CP in the 2nd half.

By the way Armo should get more recognition. What a beast. His run in the last qtr broke our back really.

Ross, Gilbert, Ray, Wright... We also had Savage subbed off very early in the game. Both sides had players out.

The Cordy Experiment didnt work this week. Longer started thumping the ball 5m clear of the pack and Armitage, Steven etc were always on the move.

Riewoldt dragged Talia up the field in the second half and opened it up for Bruce and Hickey to get mismatches on Roberts and Roughead.

The Saints were blown away in the first half but the team made the moves and executed in the second.

Effort was amazing but you were outcoached today. Just makes the Bulldogs banner even more embarrassing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back