AFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Very early I realise, but saw round 1 prices up and don't see a few lasting. WCE to beat Bulldogs at 1.55 will be going into a multi with every horse I back the rest of the Spring. Also like the 1.75 on offer for GWS to beat Saints and Gold Coast to beat Dees is 1.50. This multi is over 4 bucks. All away teams but don't care.

Reminds me of the year the Dogs opened up 1.50 against the Lions - the Lions played reasonably in pre-season and had some boom recruits and were smahed into 1.50 on game day.

Nek minnit - Dogs win by 10 goals :D

I quite like the Dogs for the spoon this year too, they are an absolute rabble and have gone backwards from last year, where as I think there is good improvement to come in most of the teams who finished below them

I quite like the Dogs for the spoon this year too, they are an absolute rabble and have gone backwards from last year, where as I think there is good improvement to come in most of the teams who finished below them

Saints will take some tossing but Dogs now have the least 100 game players in the comp I think. So less experience than even the expansion sides with less high end talent. 3 horse race with the Dees in there but Dogs certainly a chance

Eags should be 1.30 max. Dogs have no one, if I was a dogs supporter at the moment and had a guernsey I would leave the number blank, no one worthy of it. I also do remember that Brisbane game but that was due to nab form, I'm obviously not taking that into account and would like to think are a far better team anyway. My bets are on so wait til round 1 to see I spose.

There is no better punting strategy than backing $1.50 shots 5 months out.

Nothing could possibly go wrong and you're getting huge odds. Oh yea, I like this.

Excellent, presuming no one would post sarcastic comments on a random betting forum. Guess everyone is on my side, time to double up. 2 horse race 1.55 on eags, more ya bet the more ya win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints will take some tossing but Dogs now have the least 100 game players in the comp I think. So less experience than even the expansion sides with less high end talent. 3 horse race with the Dees in there but Dogs certainly a chance
Dogs 6.50 for most losses for year, saints fave at 1.83, from melb 3.50, GWS 6.00 then Dogs 6.50. I don't mind placing bets that run throughout the year, but reckon dogs should be in the $3 bracket at least

Perhaps Carlton are value in R1?
They have had the wood over Richmond of late.

Can get 14.82 for a multi of Carlton, North & Geelong.

While we are discussing long range bets......

To back the Hawks for the premiership next year at what ever odds, let's say $4 on TAB fo $100, how much is the bet actually worth because you have had to wait so long to collect it, or is the bragging rights worth having $100 locked away for 10 months worth it, result getting up, of course.

When does it become not worth it, if that is possible. Saints @1.83 for most loses for $100. Long time to wait, or every winning bet is a good bet.

Thanks

When does it become not worth it, if that is possible. Saints @1.83 for most loses for $100. Long time to wait, or every winning bet is a good bet.

Thanks

I've been putting a few dollars on the lions for top eight each week. The odds have gone from $3.75 to $3.25 in those few weeks. Am having similar thoughts as to when I stop placing the bets.

While we are discussing long range bets......

To back the Hawks for the premiership next year at what ever odds, let's say $4 on TAB fo $100, how much is the bet actually worth because you have had to wait so long to collect it, or is the bragging rights worth having $100 locked away for 10 months worth it, result getting up, of course.

Thanks

Basically your costs are (1) inflation devaluing your money over time; (2) bookie is able to invest your money, you aren't; (3) you can't bet with that money - possibly a positive if you're going backwards! ;-)

Consider it maybe a 3-5% cut off the price to take such a long-term bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back