Portfolio AFL 2029 (Sequel to AFL '99 Series)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 185479

The year is 2029.

Australian Rules Football is as popular as ever, with an even more diverse market locally and internationally citing the eventual demise of rugby league in Australia. The inaugural Australian Rules World Cup is to be held in 2030, with professional teams from all over the globe and our own homegrown superstars fighting it out for the prize.

The sport has also expanded in Australia, with every state and territory now having at least one team, plus the first team outside of Australia has entered the competition in 2022. There are now 22 teams in the league, with a hectic 30 week season now taking place. This has been accommodated by the influx of international athletes into the sport - allowing clubs to expand their list to cope.

Nike signed a massive ten year apparel and merchandising deal in 2026 worth roughly $3 billion, plus the national and international broadcasting rights has made the league vastly wealthy. Jumpers no longer feature local sponsors, rather the league is able to keep all twenty clubs afloat- jumpers now consist of just the Nike logo on the right breast, the AFL logo on the left breast and a club logo beneath the player number on the reverse.

In keeping with design standards following a horror run of club logo designs between 2000 and 2020, the league re-introduced standardised shield-based logos for each club to maintain a uniform design quality through their brand.

Through the weeks (this project is gonna take me longer than the '99 one), I will showcase the league's progression over that 30 years and give you a glimpse into the AFL of 2029.​
22 or 20 teams?

22 or 20 teams?

Twenty two, sorry.

This is pretty interesting. I like what you've done with the Brisbane one, but we're back to Bears? Fitzroy's gonna split and come back after #piegate?

If you take a look through my AFL 99 portfolio, which is linked in my sig, you'll see what happened. :)

Love the Auckland team bro. Would love to see Wellington made up as well hey.

Cheers! Unfortunately, there will only be an Auckland team at this stage, although I did originally plan on having one.

Also, welcome to the board, dude. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subbed.

Hopefully see an Essendon invert as well as the fixture mock-up.

Essendon invert is definitely on the cards! As for a fixture mock-up, I never really saw that as necessary...

Conversation mainly

If I wanted a bunch of OCD teenagers criticising my fixturing choices, I'd run an NAFL competition.

Oh wait... ;)

(I joke, I'll probably put fixtures together at the end with the guernseys theyd use.)

Last edited:
If I wanted a bunch of OCD teenagsrs criticising my fixturing choices, I'd run an NAFL competition.

Oh wait... ;)

(I joke, I'll probably out fixtures together at the end with the guernseys theyd use.)
I'm 31 years ooooooooollllllllllddddddddddddd.

What are you on about?
The twist: The protesting of about four North Melbourne fans on some internet messageboard (who really cares, the internet will just be a passing fad...) has forced the AFL's hand into returning the Kangaroos to their heartland, leaving Sydney to claim the entire area as their own. (tl;dr: Now shoosh, you bloody Norf fans. <3 )

Was really sad when this happened.

Was really sad when this happened.

That was a joke. I think it even says on the post in the title it wasn't legit. Just did it so the Sydney and lolnorf fans could see their teams in their original glory.

North Sydney and South Sydney were still the actual teams.

Also, they weren't mergers...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back