Game Day AFL 2nd Qualifying Final match discussion - Geelong v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With McParlin being a bit underdone, he will play on Walker and run him around all day long.

Walker has a big tank and will be instructed to make a contest every time and run, run run to space.

Blitz and Vards will push 211 all over the joint too.

Guthrie to go with one of the little fast forwards *ers....

Go Catters

Well we will see if the MC got these selections right soon enough.

Obviously Tommy not up to it today, maybe for the final series.

At least Walker will make sure the ball gets to the ground and he should crash a heap of packs today.

Chappy as sub is a strange one for me. Prefer him on the ground full time. Especially if a bit wet.

Injuries are killing us already - no Menzel, no Simpson and now no Hawkins. Every team has them but these are 3 pretty big outs for us.

Reckon Walker got the nod - because West is basically gone at the Cats so we play Vardy in the ruck instead of West. Looking towards next season as well.

And Walker is more of a KPF than Kersten and at least Walker has had a few senior games.

Makes it harder but we at least did not take in any injured guys into the game.

Toey as a roman sandle...

And will the effen KROCK feed switch on on GAMEDAY. Listenong to JB tug on Lyons pud and now SEN is crapping on about Sydeny and Roos.

KILLING ME

GO Catters

Toey as a roman sandle...

I'm with you, man. I think it's tougher being overseas. You getting coverage in the States?

Baby is asleep and I've cracked a beer. Anxious but excited. Not sure what to expect but this team has given us such a ride over the last few years. They'll do us proud :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vardy has played less as a forward than walker. i would have had kersten as the emergency and brought an actual forward in...but oh well, bit late now and no point complaining. here's hoping walker blitz and vardy just cut it up and make us all eat our words. :thumbsu:
Vardy has played more than two games as a forward this year let alone his career.

Good decision not to play Hawkins if he isn't 100%, can't take injured player into finals, teams have done that in the past and paid the price for it.

I think that if we can win today and reach the prelim then Hawkins may be a chance, he would have had 3 weeks off, and when he is fit, he is a certain starter in our side.

Big day for Walker today though, really has to get in and have a crack today, we will need him.
Yes its a good decision if he is not right. But wish he was right. Weren't the MC managing him so he could be right for finals? They have now officially stuffed that management up.

Well we will see if the MC got these selections right soon enough.

Obviously Tommy not up to it today, maybe for the final series.

At least Walker will make sure the ball gets to the ground and he should crash a heap of packs today.

Chappy as sub is a strange one for me. Prefer him on the ground full time. Especially if a bit wet.

Injuries are killing us already - no Menzel, no Simpson and now no Hawkins. Every team has them but these are 3 pretty big outs for us.

Reckon Walker got the nod - because West is basically gone at the Cats so we play Vardy in the ruck instead of West. Looking towards next season as well.

And Walker is more of a KPF than Kersten and at least Walker has had a few senior games.

Makes it harder but we at least did not take in any injured guys into the game.

I like it actually - he will be a hell of a match up for Freo for a qtr and a bit - pace off the game - proven goal kicker - composure under pressure - he will have a big impact

Chappy's probably just the sub for the inevitable early concussion one of our players ends up with due to dirty Freo tactics.

I remember the last time I read in the paper the week before a Geelong-Fremantle game that the Freo coach was saying they're going to push the boundaries in terms of physical play, Lingy ended up getting his cheekbone caved in with the most despicable act I've ever witnessed on a football field, while Geelong gave away 19 free kicks in the first quarter retaliating to Freo's niggling acts.

Hope the same sniping stuff doesn't happen today, but I do hope the end result is the same (I think we won that game by 11 goals).

I like it actually - he will be a hell of a match up for Freo for a qtr and a bit - pace off the game - proven goal kicker - composure under pressure - he will have a big impact
He is not going to have a big impact if he doesn't come on until the last quarter. Not unless the game is on the line. Kind of hoping we would have the game sown up by 3qtr time.

Dermott Thickhead has a 'feeling' about this game as does Eddie. A bit of Freo hype as well. Is this game being played at Subi? You can smell the fear.

Today is the day we find out if we can win the flag. Unlike the fence sitters hoping for Pies or Hawks flaggs, I think we can.

GO CATTERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back