FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst i agree, i do like it.

I love US Sports and due to the college system when guys get into the pro leagues they are already household names and for teams picking them up their fan base can relate and builds an added level of optimism and excitement.

the USA college players are also fluent and well spoken. perhaps and probably due to their years in tertiary education.

Exactly, he's not Nicky or Mabo or Perkins. He's a grown man who might have caused real damage to a young girl, a girl who's comments could have been completely innocent.

That whole thing drives me crazy, because it's not as if she called Jetta or Franklin or another indigenous player an Ape. She called Goodes one, a large, muscular, hairy beast of a man. Jobe Watson looks like an ape. To vilify, and that's what he did, a young girl for a call like that, with no consideration for context or anything else was very poor. I don't know if I could see MLK doing that.

I understand he was emotional, I understand there's a lot of pain that I cannot possibly identify with, but I also understand why people boo him. Let's not forget, he was most definitely booed on occasions before this. Even Robbo has called him out on some of his more unsportsmanlike play.

I don't even have a real problem with the guy, i'm not going to boo him, but do we have to make this a race thing? What do the media think? Crowds are just a bunch of race hating degenerates? Come on, we trivialise racism when it's the first thing we scream.

Of course you like most miss the core issue - Why is a thirteen year old hurling insults at the footy with the imprimatur of her legal guardians - Until society realises this is unacceptable behaviour, we will continue to have issues.

McClure is back next week.

360 is easily the best footy show on TV - Have no idea why people complain.

Seriously? No idea?

Its robbo. The show could be quality. Its got good production values, decent topics, good guests, Hi Def, Whately and its on almost every day.

It could be a daily institution.

Problem is the fat moron who leads it, he simply makes it unwatchable. Hes not even an ex player, the guy is a genuine ******* idiot.

Of course you like most miss the core issue - Why is a thirteen year old hurling insults at the footy with the imprimatur of her legal guardians - Until society realises this is unacceptable behaviour, we will continue to have issues.

Since we're using unnecessary vocabulary, what you've just said is a perfect example of an ignoratio elenchi. Goodes behaviour isn't correct because her's was wrong. :rolleyes:

Seriously? No idea?

Its robbo. The show could be quality. Its got good production values, decent topics, good guests, Hi Def, Whately and its on almost every day.

Problem is the fat moron who leads it, he simply makes it unwatchable. Hes not even an ex player, the guy is a genuine ******* idiot.
My thoughts exactly. I've said this all along.

Seriously? No idea?

0_zpsv38dzgas.jpg

My first 3 words were enough: pretty much anyone.
Whether it's another journalist, footy "personality", player/coach/administrator, etc. doesn't really matter. It's about the qualities this person would have to perform in the role. It's not as simple as listing names and expecting they will be automatically comfortable working in this role and with Whateley. It could be someone we don't know that hasn't had an opportunity yet.

AFL360 could and should be a far better show than what it is, and Slobbo is the most obvious reason for this. Slobbo is that bad it's really not funny and I have no idea why people think such a poor standard is acceptable. He's not respected, not presentable, can't think clearly and a terrible communicator for starters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we're using unnecessary vocabulary, what you've just said is a perfect example of an ignoratio elenchi. Goodes behaviour isn't correct because her's was wrong. :rolleyes:

We can let Australia rot because children are encouraged and protected after hurling insults at players during sporting events.

Australia is in more trouble than I thought if you support such thuggish beahviour, especially from our younger genration.

Seriously? No idea?

Who says you have to watch 360 ? Personally think Robbo and Whatley work well as a team on 360.

My first 3 words were enough: pretty much anyone.
Whether it's another journalist, footy "personality", player/coach/administrator, etc. doesn't really matter. It's about the qualities this person would have to perform in the role. It's not as simple as listing names and expecting they will be automatically comfortable working in this role and with Whateley. It could be someone we don't know that hasn't had an opportunity yet.

AFL360 could and should be a far better show than what it is, and Slobbo is the most obvious reason for this. Slobbo is that bad it's really not funny and I have no idea why people think such a poor standard is acceptable. He's not respected, not presentable, can't think clearly and a terrible communicator for starters.

Robbo is exactly like Molly Meldrum. They both get over-excited and mumble their words when on TV or radio, but havethe respect of their key constituents.

Two Gerard Whateleys would alienate a large portion of the AFL community wondering what they hell he is saying half the time.

The entire purpose of the two being so different is to provide talking points between them. Robbo, although the chief writer, comes across as a passionate fan who has words fly up from his heart and out his mouth without passing through his brain. It's fantastic, I'm never in doubt about how Robbo feels about something. The only problem I have is sometimes he gets too far in bed with his interviews, he can't totally screw a player because none of them would come onto his show but there have only been a few moments this season where he has asked the hard question.

Him being chummy with guests lets Whateley ask the hard question in that cold, clinical way.

Can't wait to see Robbo's sympathy for the Bombers tonight after that mean man Sammy Mitchell upset them. I reckon he'll devote at least 3 minutes to it, of which 2:30 seconds will be of him stuttering and repeating the words "oh, you've got to feel for them, I mean you got to feel for them don't ya".

Can't wait to see Robbo's sympathy for the Bombers tonight after that mean man Sammy Mitchell upset them. I reckon he'll devote at least 3 minutes to it, of which 2:30 seconds will be of him stuttering and repeating the words "oh, you've got to feel for them, I mean you got to feel for them don't ya".
"It's just... it's just not right mate. They shouldn't have to deal with that mate they're out there on the field playing for this great football club and they have to put up with with with THAT? It's not right Gerard m8".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back