FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Was enjoying this much more while that campaigner Maclure was away. Much better discussion between King and Bomber. He's such a useless campaigner.

In the first 5 minutes he twice uttered, "I tweeted" like it gave the topic significance
Which is completely irrelevant anyway because he has blocked 90% of twitter.

UO5Dzw.png
What are the tissues for. Good god.

so what credentials does mark robinson have to analyse and critique others performances? Did he even play afl?
It really is a joke how this guy has landed so many jobs across the media. The Herald Sun, AFL 360, SEN...why do they think we want to hear what he has to say? I read an article of his last week and one of the sentences began with 'Betcha'.

To be fair to Robbo you can't use the "he never played AFL" line to deride his opinion, given I doubt highly Gerard Whateley has ever played a game of footy in his life, let alone at any reasonable level, yet most people would regard Whateley as one of the more astute men commenting on the game.
You nailed the it yourself: Whateley gets respect for his opinion because he is astute. Robbo isn't. If he had played the game, he might be able to compensate with experience and inside knowledge. He can't.

To be fair to Robbo you can't use the "he never played AFL" line to deride his opinion, given I doubt highly Gerard Whateley has ever played a game of footy in his life, let alone at any reasonable level, yet most people would regard Whateley as one of the more astute men commenting on the game.
Agree. 99% of people on this forum have never played the game at the highest level and yet there are quite a few on here whose opinion I hold in as high a regard as anyone in the media. (there are a lot of Robbos too)

It really is a joke how this guy has landed so many jobs across the media. The Herald Sun, AFL 360, SEN...why do they think we want to hear what he has to say? I read an article of his last week and one of the sentences began with 'Betcha'.

I'm with you, it just baffles me... I demand answers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was singing that song on AFL 360 last night during a montage (and not the Phil Walsh bit)? Whoever he was he was awful, the lyrics sucked and he could barely hold a tune.

It was a replay of the live bit of Greg *in Champion that was on last Wednesday - you must be young, cos I dare say any AFL fan over 30 has a very special affinity with that song.

That's a pretty good analogy I reckon but I'm not so sure the level of respect is quite the same.

Robbo has lots of respect in the footy industry - Look at the type of stories he has covered over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back