FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like all this negativity to the show. If you don't like it don't watch it! But seriously, its the best AFL TV show by a mile, and if you are too stubborn or whatever to only talk about the negatives then stop having a whinge. Great show.

People on a web forum giving their opinion on something? Oh the humanity!

I suspect if you don't like negativity, it's you who needs to switch off (your computer) - failing that, I'd talk to Chief about shutting the board down.

People whinging about people whinging is the stupidest thing in the world.

I find that any thread about a footy show or journo will inevitably be full of negativity, which I don't understand as if I don't like something I don't watch it therefore I don't bother opening threads about it all that often, and feel very little need to comment when I do. I guess journos can be different as if you don't like one they can be very hard to avoid.

I have mixed feelings with AFL 360.

Robbo frustrates me greatly and I'm still in shock that's he's the AFL's leading journalist for the biggest newspaper in Melbourne, however at the same time I feel the show wouldn't work without him being a regular four days a week. Robbo's a pisshead and has no idea about the game most of the time but I can't help but laugh at the man's comical antics from time to time.

Gerard is the voice of reason and I like the way he goes about things. I never rated him highly as a journalist in the past but the more I've seen him the more I've been impressed.

I love how Bucks sees through Robbo's bullshit antics and takes a no-nonsense approach with him. You can just see something brewing between these two one of these weeks.

David King and Mark McClure frustrate me on Wednesday night. King over-analyses the game far too much and is a very reactionary pundit in the sense of jumping on the bandwagon with the in-form team and McClure provides nothing on the show apart from always hearing him talk about Carlton the majority of the time as a supporter rather than as an analyst.

I miss Bob Murphy's appearance on the show as the Rascal segment was actually hilarious at certain times last year.

Tex Perkins was great last night! I really enjoyed his brief appearance and he sounds like he really loves the game like the average footy supporter does.

Overall it's a good show but it can infuriate me as well, however I still watch it most nights.

I do feel that we try and pretend there is more science to football than there actually is (David King is a huge culprit here with his War Room nonsense)
Like Goddard and Lewis trying to explain frame by frame the closing moments of the match. Essendon were behind, so threw all their players forward. Hawthorn were then behind so did the same thing.

Kingy needs a lecture in "correlation is not causation" - "stats show if there are more than one hundred red heads attending a game in Etihad Sydney wins"

I have mixed feelings with AFL 360.

Robbo frustrates me greatly and I'm still in shock that's he's the AFL's leading journalist for the biggest newspaper in Melbourne, however at the same time I feel the show wouldn't work without him being a regular four days a week. Robbo's a pisshead and has no idea about the game most of the time but I can't help but laugh at the man's comical antics from time to time.

Gerard is the voice of reason and I like the way he goes about things. I never rated him highly as a journalist in the past but the more I've seen him the more I've been impressed.

I love how Bucks sees through Robbo's bullshit antics and takes a no-nonsense approach with him. You can just see something brewing between these two one of these weeks.

David King and Mark McClure frustrate me on Wednesday night. King over-analyses the game far too much and is a very reactionary pundit in the sense of jumping on the bandwagon with the in-form team and McClure provides nothing on the show apart from always hearing him talk about Carlton the majority of the time as a supporter rather than as an analyst.

I miss Bob Murphy's appearance on the show as the Rascal segment was actually hilarious at certain times last year.

Tex Perkins was great last night! I really enjoyed his brief appearance and he sounds like he really loves the game like the average footy supporter does.

Overall it's a good show but it can infuriate me as well, however I still watch it most nights.
Great summation. Pretty much agree with every point.

I'm starting to tire of Robbo, though. His question on whether aboriginals served during wartime was so cringeworthy, I'm struggling to appreciate him even on a humourous level of late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on a web forum giving their opinion on something? Oh the humanity!

I suspect if you don't like negativity, it's you who needs to switch off (your computer) - failing that, I'd talk to Chief about shutting the board down.

People whinging about people whinging is the stupidest thing in the world.
Hahah jeezus!!! What a whack that is!

Damn this would be a great show (again) if Sheehan was on more regularly. I'd be perfectly happy for them to flick Robbo every Monday night for Mike.

I know a lot of people here don't mind Robbo's schtick, but for me he as an over inflated sense of his own opinion, and doesn't realise that a lot of us are laughing at him, not with him.

I don't hate Robbo, and I know the show wouldn't be the same without him. But I still love listening to Mike talk about footy.

Mike should do Gerards spot when he's sick or w/e. Love Huddo as a commentator but cringe at him on 360.

Mike was really good tonight but I do enjoy Robbo. Different type of media personality on screen.

Mike should do Gerards spot when he's sick or w/e. Love Huddo as a commentator but cringe at him on 360.

Mike was really good tonight but I do enjoy Robbo. Different type of media personality on screen.

Cant imagine Mike as the host as good as he was tonight, huddo does not work that well because Robbo almost bullies him, just talks over him

Cant imagine Mike as the host as good as he was tonight, huddo does not work that well because Robbo almost bullies him, just talks over him

Thats part of what makes me cringe.

I think the Mike/Robbo dynamic would be an interesting one. Dono maybe it would be terrible.

Huddo doesn't work because he doesn't seem to have much of an opinion on anything or if he does he is hesitant to share it.

Thats part of what makes me cringe.

I think the Mike/Robbo dynamic would be an interesting one. Dono maybe it would be terrible.

Huddo doesn't work because he doesn't seem to have much of an opinion on anything or if he does he is hesitant to share it.

Do Mike and Robbo get along?

bucks seems pretty good this year. don;t watch it all that much these days but Bucks seems like a good addition to the show. a bit more interesting that roos and imo not afraid to voice what he actually thinks rather than just what everyone wants to hear. seems like a straight shooter.

Roos' little comment about having a joke with the leadership group that everytime they win it is the worst game the opposition team has played... had a little chuckle at that

Mike and Gerrard are a top combo.

Is Robbo still having issues with his teeth or something? He seems to be absent an awful lot. Not quite at the AWOL levels of Steve Vizard on Tonight Live, but he's getting there.

Is Robbo still having issues with his teeth or something? He seems to be absent an awful lot. Not quite at the AWOL levels of Steve Vizard on Tonight Live, but he's getting there.

Would appearing on the show toothless make any difference to our level of comprehension?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back