FTA-TV AFL 360 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Roosy and Bomber have an awesome dynamic. Both seem so willing to learn off each other despite being so accomplished in their own rights.

Haven't heard Gerard so riled up like that about the score review system. Everything he said was correct, but wow he was wound up about it.
The system has to be scrapped, effective immediately, and then start again from round 1next year with minimum standards at all grounds, or, not at all...

Haven't heard Gerard so riled up like that about the score review system. Everything he said was correct, but wow he was wound up about it.
That is his bugbear- that is why he got the 360 seconds- there were a few times last year he got riled up like that about the video review- its funny watching him get so mad!

The system has to be scrapped, effective immediately, and then start again from round 1next year with minimum standards at all grounds, or, not at all...

Foxtel do it so much better. Camera's on the umpire's cap makes so much sense.
What makes next to no sense is why channel 7 don't use this. Maybe their budget has been blown on too many bloody commentators. :rolleyes:

That is his bugbear- that is why he got the 360 seconds- there were a few times last year he got riled up like that about the video review- its funny watching him get so mad!

You don't often see him get so riled up, but it was great TV last night.

Gerard always sounds like the smart kid at school, who gets bullied remorselessly and finally gets up the backbone to argue back, his arguments are lost on the neanderthals he's speaking to. But he still likes to flex his vocabulary.

The more riled up Robbo becomes, the more incoherent the ramblings, almost like talking in tongues.

I think he can see it costing a side a Grand Final one day. I mean how ******* petty are the AFL. Just signed a billion dollar rights deal and won't pay to glue a couple of webcams to the goalposts.

+1 It's tantamount to having different rules as per the ground you're playing at. "Oh well the SCG is small so you just have to kick the ball 8 meters instead."

How good was clarkson tonight. Could have listened to him for hours. Thats how you interview people from clubs, dont ask them about their own club but other issues instead. Good on him for being so open and giving us a great insight into his thoughts on the game.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

How good was clarkson tonight. Could have listened to him for hours. Thats how you interview people from clubs, dont ask them about their own club but other issues instead. Good on him for being so open and giving us a great insight into his thoughts on the game.

Agreed. The best interview with a coach that I have seen in a very long time. No rehearsed cliches, just interesting and informative analysis of the current state, and future of the game - he clearly knows what he is talking about. Great stuff! Wish the segment could have gone for longer.

Maybe they could replace Bomba or Roos with Clarkson next year?

It was genuinely one of the best football interviews I've seen in a long time. Speaks with passion and honesty does Clarko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was joking? Geez he had a tough life then
Pretty sure they were both joking, they would have to be in their mid forties.
Looked it up and the closest I could find was this thread from 2012:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mark-robinson.937199/page-2

Hardly authoritative but:
I was astonished to find out his age recently. 38? He looks 48. Someone doesn't mind the good life, that much is obvious.

If he was 38 in 2012, it checks out that he could be 39.

Enjoys life, does Robbo.

Looked it up and the closest I could find was this thread from 2012:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mark-robinson.937199/page-2

Hardly authoritative but:

If he was 38 in 2012, it checks out that he could be 39.

Enjoys life, does Robbo.

I wish I'd quoted my source on this at the time as I can't recall it now.

His employers say he's mid 40s which seems much more believable.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl...-in-afl-coverage/story-fnelctok-1226526117905

In what way? In heard most but not all of it.
Just some of the lines he used came across as things that you probably shouldn't say in what was basically a 'memorial' interview intended to celebrate Hafey's life and the impact he had on Malthouse. Discussing how he saw Tom only days before his death with, "yellowed skin and all that," and that he, "knew death was close," just came across as a bit insensitive. Started talking about the fact that it was better that the cancer took him early as there's other kinds that can go on for a long time and such. I don't know. He certainly didn't intend to be insensitive or anything, it just sort of left a sour taste in my mouth.

32 minutes of Tom Hafey. I know he's a VFL legend but that's a long long time - probably deserved a dedicated show. Personally, I feel he has little relevance to non-Victorians and I'd prefer 360 stuck to more relevant (for lack of better word) football news, particularly for the first show of the week. I fast forwarded through it.

This should probably be in the unpopular football opinions thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back