AFL Academy Level 2 Placements

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't fully understand the process why would they train with other clubs but not ours?

I just saw the article on the AFL website and came on here to post about it and I immediately though "WTF". They are not just training at 2 different clubs but also the two clubs that are our biggest rivals. Is it wrong that I immediately thought "I bet the AFL would much rather Mills at GWS and Dunkley at Hawthorn". Probably me just being paranoid.

I just saw the article on the AFL website and came on here to post about it and I immediately though "WTF". They are not just training at 2 different clubs but also the two clubs that are our biggest rivals. Is it wrong that I immediately thought "I bet the AFL would much rather Mills at GWS and Dunkley at Hawthorn". Probably me just being paranoid.

So whats the deal why is it like that?

So whats the deal why is it like that?

Well on the Brisbane board someone there heard that the AFL deliberately sent academy players (Swans, GWS, Lions and Suns academies) to the bigger rivals of said club. They also said the Swans were supposed to have a GWS academy player training with us as well but he got injured and had to pull out.

I guess it is so players can get a look another clubs so Sydney doesn't get all the academy players

I've fixed that for you

I've fixed that for you
You're probably right. Whilst I do believe since we put money into the academy, we should get prior access to the players that come through the system, we can't let the original goal of the academies go: to give players from NSW a chance to play AFL.

I smell fish.... I just don't see the point in sending prior access to a direct rival club unless your looking to screw the system.

Any chance they'll attempt to amalgamate the Swans and Giants (Suns and Lions too) academies into a state wide pool and this is a way of giving each club a look at the potential they could bid for??

I smell fish.... I just don't see the point in sending prior access to a direct rival club unless your looking to screw the system.

Any chance they'll attempt to amalgamate the Swans and Giants (Suns and Lions too) academies into a state wide pool and this is a way of giving each club a look at the potential they could bid for??
Best delete that post before AFL house or McGuire sees it!!! :O

Best delete that post before AFL house or McGuire sees it!!! :O

No need to worry about that, Eddie's fingers would be too fat to log on to BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys do realise this is the AFL academy, right? As in the AIS players? This has nothing to do with our academy, or the other NSW/QLD academies.

Yep, each player gets a look at two different clubs, of course it has nothing to do with the Academy bidding process or anything like that, it was just a little ironic that the AFL sent Mills and Dunkley to our two main rivals.

Yep, each player gets a look at two different clubs, of course it has nothing to do with the Academy bidding process or anything like that, it was just a little ironic that the AFL sent Mills and Dunkley to our two main rivals.
Be funnier if for their second club to go to is a straight swap haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back