AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to buy something, they didn't seem to have the range at the stadium as what I could see in the shop. There were plenty of people in rundown mall before the game.

Yeah a mate wanted to buy a guernsey today, but they had none in his size (Medium).

Also, the only thing going for the Regent Arcade store is the location. The range in there is absolutely appalling. They make a big song and dance about their new winter collection, and hardly any of it is in store!

Crowmania is operated about as well as our administration.

**** me drunk, that is ******* awful. At what stage did they play that? Someone should be sacked for giving it air time.
They played it as the huge 19th man banner/flag thing was walked around the ground again, like the 1st game vs Sydney..
So this is our new ritual before every game?
Walk that big 19 flag around the boundary with that version of the club song playing?
This is the awesomeness that the fans will love that Trigg promised us?

Just wtf with a huge dash of wtf..

About 20 or so minutes before the game, while the 19th man banner was being walked around the oval with 2 guys carrying drums pretending to drum along to the music.
And Modra

**** me drunk, that is ******* awful. At what stage did they play that? Someone should be sacked for giving it air time.

When they did the 19th man flag parade thing. I don't even get why we have a 19th man flag parade. If they want to persist with the flag concept (which looks great on the hill), have a look at how the Suns do it at Metricon - strong video presentation about what the flag means following by the flag raising. The Gold Coast do it really well, and we do it really crap.

At least they played the club song when the club ran out this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was my first home game at the ground. Generally speaking the ground is fantastic. An absolute breeze walking across the bridge, going in, and then crossing over to the Western Stand. The Phil Ridings bar is fantastic, and great to hang out in while overlooking the ground.

Leaving was far easier than I thought it would be. At the T20, there was a massive bottleneck at the south western exit of the ground. Today, with double the people in the Western Stand than at the cricket, it flowed easily. The bridge was no problem, and got straight on a train. The train was packed (to be expected) but the platforms weren't.

A couple of things that I thought could be improved on:

1 - The outlets open far too late. The only outlet open in the Western Stand prior to about 11:30am was the Phil Ridings bar. All the other outlets were closed, which was rather annoying.

2 - The lack of tables/chairs in the Village Green area. No point having all those great food outlets out there if you've got nowhere to sit to eat (particularly pre game/half time) - particularly ones like Beyond India that serve you food on plates (as opposed to disposable containers you can take to your seat).

They had tables and chairs in the Village Green area for the Sydney game. There were also more food outlets. Today the Hot Potato stand, and the pancakes and strawberries, were missing. Possibly others, too, but they were the ones I noticed. Definitely a let down compared with the Sydney game offerings.

They had tables and chairs in the Village Green area for the Sydney game. There were also more food outlets. Today the Hot Potato stand, and the pancakes and strawberries, were missing. Possibly others, too, but they were the ones I noticed. Definitely a let down compared with the Sydney game offerings.
Yeah they're cutting back as I predicted, the outside foodies were just used for the first couple to see how it went and until the sma got their stuff up and running. Don't be surprised if it's cut back more.

The Sails Bar had also been removed which caused much bigger queues at the other 2 ground level bars

Yeah they're cutting back as I predicted, the outside foodies were just used for the first couple to see how it went and until the sma got their stuff up and running. Don't be surprised if it's cut back more.

I think it's more cutting back services as opposed to replacing services. Whatever wasn't there today was not replaced by anything.

I think it's more cutting back services as opposed to replacing services. Whatever wasn't there today was not replaced by anything.
Yeah the sma had no idea how big it would be to start so they brought others in and will slowly cut it back till it's just their own outlets IMO. Also they are very narky about their lawn and anything on it.

I can see that going down well with the SACA over summer.
Nah thing won't change with the cricket, that will always have the village green, footy seems to be a different experience and clientele, people want fast stuff, chips, hot dogs, pies and pasties. Miss 15 minutes of cricket and it's no big deal miss 15m of footy and it's 1/8th of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back