AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone get on the SACA committee room deal for a game? Think I might be willing to fork out the $125 just to get a seat! getting sloshed and the finger food is merely a bonus.

So, not a massive crowd for Friday night footy leaves Collingwood at an avg home attendance of 48,007. Just need to get to our avg of 48,354 tomorrow to hold the #1 spot for home games. That's a great result for a poor year onfield.

The jury has Finnished deliberating.

We got told how much better AO will be financially for the clubs and thats turned out to be lie.

Port have actually stagnated as a club this year despite an easy draw and the honeymoon period with crowd numbers.

Anyone get on the SACA committee room deal for a game? Think I might be willing to fork out the $125 just to get a seat! getting sloshed and the finger food is merely a bonus.

Yea, done it; it was pretty good.

Food was annoying , 2 people circulating with 120 people, so you've basically got to stalk them, but apart from that, good.

Wrong thread
really?

can't think of a more appropriate place to ask a question about what it is like to attend an AFL game at AO in what is a new way of seeing AFL footy in Adelaide this year (the SACA $120 all inclusive function option) than in the AFL at AO thread...

Anyway, haven't don't it myself but know plenty who have and they loved it. No so keen on watching footy from the hill after the experience! Granted the drinks package would have weighed heavily in their assessment and probably the food would have not played a role so the feedback on the food being low which seems a common complaint is probably fair

Good enough place for this info..
Let's just hope it's not down the track enough that it's at a time when they are considering moving footy to a new stadium in the Barossa Valley.. ;)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ar-adelaide-oval/story-fni6uo1m-1227042619494

This may happen sooner than we think. SANFL are keen to sell off all the land at West Lakes and not have to maintain the ground. we should be fairly compensated for the parcel of land that has current facility on it. They will need to break our current lease on the ground.

really?

can't think of a more appropriate place to ask a question about what it is like to attend an AFL game at AO in what is a new way of seeing AFL footy in Adelaide this year (the SACA $120 all inclusive function option) than in the AFL at AO thread...

Anyway, haven't don't it myself but know plenty who have and they loved it. No so keen on watching footy from the hill after the experience! Granted the drinks package would have weighed heavily in their assessment and probably the food would have not played a role so the feedback on the food being low which seems a common complaint is probably fair

lol, sorry my post was in the wrong thread, i edited it out. Wasn't referencing your post, i should have just put deleted.

Was at the Port final today. First time I've entered the Northern end for a football match.

I'm a big advocate of the hill/scoreboard/trees, and think it should be retained. But the entrance outside is an absolute dogs breakfast.

Especially with all the dirt for the car park, any gust of wind and you get dust all in your eyes. Surely they could have done a bit more there to jazz it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly, they can have the records. I'd much rather get nearly 50k every single match. Amazing support considering our season. Our fans should be proud!

Was at the Port final today. First time I've entered the Northern end for a football match.

I'm a big advocate of the hill/scoreboard/trees, and think it should be retained. But the entrance outside is an absolute dogs breakfast.

Especially with all the dirt for the car park, any gust of wind and you get dust all in your eyes. Surely they could have done a bit more there to jazz it up.
The walk around from the eastern gate is an experience when it has been raining.

I think they ran out of time and money to finish that area and the western rain proofing, you would think they should have the cash now to finish things like that.

So you think I'm a disgrace because I became disinterested in a game i had no emotional attachment in at a game that was over at half time?

Interesting opinion.
It wasn't over
YOu just had to
Bo-lieve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back