AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Is that a swimming pool?

The Arizona Diamondbacks have the same thing.

dbacks-poolpg-vertical.jpg

Pool_display_image.jpg
Doesn't alberton have one aswell? Or is that just the shallow gene variety.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
I'm certainly the last person you'd consider a germaphobe or anything like that -

but a pool at Adelaide Oval on a hot day during the cricket would end up being the foulest body of water that ever was...

Especially if the people on the hill had access to it.

I'm certainly the last person you'd consider a germaphobe or anything like that -

but a pool at Adelaide Oval on a hot day during the cricket would end up being the foulest body of water that ever was...

the worry would be the guy that is drinking a lot of beers and hasnt left the pool for hours.:eek::rolleyes:

Are there still cheergirls before the game at AO? AFC3000

If it did stop, when did stop and why. I loved watching them at AAMI before the game, I thought actually that would be better than a lot of suggestions for prematch entertainment to get the crowd up and going before a game.

Some Helen Lovejoys probably complained about them being sexist/degrading.

Yep, I bet this was the bigger problem than anything else. FFS, the performance was tasteful and appreciated by most of the crowd. I think the only issue that some had, was they would only perform in front of the members, but I know they occasionally went to other parts of the ground once or twice a year.

The girls were great and I enjoyed their routines and the songs played. Importantly it did get the crowd up. Had the pleasure of sitting next one of them back at AAMI, lovely girl.

Did Port have any ever?

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Yep, I bet this was the bigger problem than anything else. FFS, the performance was tasteful and appreciated by most of the crowd. I think the only issue that some had, was they would only perform in front of the members, but I know they occasionally went to other parts of the ground once or twice a year.

The girls were great and I enjoyed their routines and the songs played. Importantly it did get the crowd up. Had the pleasure of sitting next one of them back at AAMI, lovely girl.

Did Port have any ever?

Enough said!

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
From memory, it was a money issue, in the latter years they had nothing to do with the Crows, they basically did it for nothing, apart from a small sponsorship from Coca Cola, which paid for the costumes etc (i think) & when that ended i think that was the end of them. Port used to have dancing girls too i think.

Back