AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

735949-fcc993d6-503e-11e4-852c-a6aaa2413bba.jpg

The 1968 SANFL grand final at Adelaide Oval.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/l...at-adelaide-oval/story-fni2u98u-1227086736294

I love the old photo's of this ground, shows beautifully the changes we have made. Importantly the trees and scoreboard remain as part of the heritage of AO.

I am sure fans used to sit on the boundary line at AO, from the old photos that I have seen. Maybe I was dreaming.

Where the hell are the behind posters?

Owen_AFC97

All Australian
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just a reminder about the Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory tomorrow night at 7:00pm.

Match details here: http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/eventdetail/3074/adelaide-united-v-melbourne-victory.aspx

Only level 1 of the Riverbank stand will be open, all other seating available.

Stadium map for ticketing details: http://adelaideovalapp.com/pdf/AdelaideOval_StadiumOverview_MV-V3.pdf
Hoping for 30,000 there tomorrow. A lot of tickets should be sold at the gate with tomorrow's weather.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
Yep, definitely, we may push 35-40000 with 27 degrees and perfect weather.

Hopefully they will deal with the ques better than they did for the Grand Final!

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Yep, definitely, we may push 35-40000 with 27 degrees and perfect weather.

Hopefully they will deal with the ques better than they did for the Grand Final!

Hopefully people will be smart enough to pre-book. Mobile ticketing is even available for the game, so you don't even need to print the ticket out.

Only GA tickets left (which is the bottom tiers of the east and south stands and the hill), so there may be a chance the upper tiers of the Riverbank stand may open if demand warrants it)

Hopefully people will be smart enough to pre-book. Mobile ticketing is even available for the game, so you don't even need to print the ticket out.

Only GA tickets left (which is the bottom tiers of the east and south stands and the hill), so there may be a chance the upper tiers of the Riverbank stand may open if demand warrants it)

Where'd you read this?

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Still seems like you can get gold reserves tickets from what I'm looking at.

Yeah just came up for me now too, after I bought my GA ticket.

No biggie because I didn't want a reserved seat.

FWIW my ticket is PAX 21000-something, so it looks like plenty of pre-sold tickets.

Hank93 or AFC3000 do either of you guys know the estimate for the concert on Saturday night?

For the rest of us, just remember that the concert was meant to be scheduled earlier this year and an AFL game to be played about 7 days afterwards.

Will be interesting to see the state of the ground after the concert.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hank93 or AFC3000 do either of you guys know the estimate for the concert on Saturday night?

For the rest of us, just remember that the concert was meant to be scheduled earlier this year and an AFL game to be played about 7 days afterwards.

Will be interesting to see the state of the ground after the concert.

Should be all in here http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...at-adelaide-oval/story-e6frg6n6-1227098386163
  • Show will draw 50,000+
  • 400 extra tickets released
  • 11,500 tickets sold overseas, interstate
  • Stage crew of 300 people
  • Stage is 1.9m-high for optimum viewing

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
It will be interesting what the oval looks like as there is a shield game starting there on friday morning, it's gonna look s**t.

Id be surprised if its any better from the T20 Intl on 5yh November too.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
It will be interesting what the oval looks like as there is a shield game starting there on friday morning, it's gonna look s**t.

Id be surprised if its any better from the T20 Intl on 5yh November too.
This time of year it will recovery pretty quickly. Warm weather, lots of watering.

Going in to winter it recovers slower because it's colder, the grass isn't growing.

This time of year it will recovery pretty quickly. Warm weather, lots of watering.

Going in to winter it recovers slower because it's colder, the grass isn't growing.

But correct me if I am wrong, the concert was originally planned this year and we had good weather at the time correct? I would presume the rate of recovery would be about the same if we had to get it ready for an AFL game in about 10 days?

The reason I am bringing this up is I am curious to see if there is any damage and how much there is after the concert.

I am glad that the concert was postponed (not the reason which was sad), I get the feeling the damage to the ground would have marred the first game or two at AO.

AO surface was in perfect condition for Showdown 1 in 2014.

I was looking at the old photo of AO and I was wandering has the distance between the goal posts always been the same over the years?

Technically speaking, given the padding of the goal posts (which is very extensive compared to yesteryear which was non-existent) the short answer I presume is no, but I am curious if there has been a big change or a small one?

Is it the same for all levels ie, AFL, SANFL, VFL etc?

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFC3000 is AO a sold out stadium for Crows home games aside from the tickets available to the public?

Only followed the membership levels a bit, pretty sure they sold out of most/all membership categories. The clubs Twitter account mentioned this as the reason Port were able to get the crowd records a few days ago. As in higher percentage of seats sold as GA means more can be over sold which then equals more people having access to blockbuster games which accounts for the no shows.

Back