AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my friends went and they said there was 30,000 there. That's a good crowd.

I went and yes the crows was excellent. Not sure if I would like those monster trucks pounding the Adelaide Oval turf though. It felt like going back in time. We sat in the old members area. The big screen was not very impressive at all and the old scoreboard well that was truly embarrassing. The new(ish) northern stand looked tiny. Adelaide Oval :thumbsu:

A ticket re-sale system could be in place as early as next year.

Would be a huge step towards having 50,000 every week.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-2015-afl-season/story-fnia3v71-1227134689561

EMPTY members’ seats at Adelaide Oval could be sold to the public under a plan to maximise AFL attendances next season.

The league last week met with clubs to discuss the move whereby members who are unable to attend certain games could sell their reserved seats back to their club to be redistributed.

The plan would address the ‘no show’ factor in which games that are declared a ‘sell out’ for general admission are marred by empty seats in the members.

In an incentive for members to sell their vacant seat back to the club, they could be eligible for a rebate on their membership the following year.

Adelaide’s member ‘show rate’ ranged between 85-90 per cent this season and chief executive Andrew Fagan said his club had pushed for the concept.

“Ultimately we want as many people as possible to enjoy our game and experience football at Adelaide Oval,” Fagan said.

“(But) it makes sense for members to have the opportunity to share their ticket if they cannot attend.

“Our club will discuss and continue to push the initiative with a view to it hopefully being in place for 2015.”

52,633 crowd tonight is a great turnout. Record for domestic t20 & New Adelaide oval.

Pity strikers saved worst performance for final.

I wonder if saca made a profit...

Makes you wonder how many could fit in without the sight screens, a couple of thousand at least.

The AFC need to start overselling games.
The members must be pretty full.

How many SACA members are there? Surely tonight would be the biggest SACA Member turnout ever.

The members must be pretty full.

How many SACA members are there? Surely tonight would be the biggest SACA Member turnout ever.
Well my mates and I had members tickets but it was standing room only a good 45 minutes before the match and all the standing areas were packed, so we went high in the Riverbank Stand.

At least Port just lost the record attendance since the redevelopment.............

And you reckon they aren't pissed about it over on the other board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the WC would beat the record.

SACA members have to purchase tickets. It is not part of their membership.
Being a non SACA member this worked out well for my group of mates going. Got great seats in sections 203, 201 for India V Pakistan and the QF. Western Stand means no sun in eyes. Important for Summer.

Tonight we saw just about every SACA member go (it is the last big event they have free access to for the season) and a lot of people buy tickets for the "outer" yesterday and today.

Looks like the Tealsters now have convinced themselves that the turnstiles at Adelaide Oval give false figures. Just like they were convinced that those at Footy Park were giving incorrect figures as well.

attachment.php

In any case the WC will beat tonights record.
India vs Pakistan is already nearly sold out apparently. If Australia gets to the quarters and it's held here, that'll break it for sure.

Not sure the WC would beat the record.

SACA members have to purchase tickets. It is not part of their membership.
Being a non SACA member this worked out well for my group of mates going. Got great seats in sections 203, 201 for India V Pakistan and the QF. Western Stand means no sun in eyes. Important for Summer.

Tonight we saw just about every SACA member go (it is the last big event they have free access to for the season) and a lot of people buy tickets for the "outer" yesterday and today.

The game is sold out.

The game is sold out.

yeah I know. Didnt it sell out in about 12 minutes.

But there is no overflow of SACA members who can attend the game. That area will be all seated.

I reckon it will be about 50-51k

Going to be an interesting experience the India V Pakistan game. The crowd will be fairly different to what most of us are used to. Can't wait.

India vs Pakistan is already nearly sold out apparently. If Australia gets to the quarters and it's held here, that'll break it for sure.

Not too sure about that. India v Pakistan will have a crowd that has not have spent much money to have watched cricket at AO over the summer.

Not to mention there is a massive overseas following coming down here.

Australian cricket fans have been asked to dig into their pockets all summer. Should be interesting outcome. Its just an opinion.

It would be disgraceful if a preliminary WC game attendance where Australia is not participating is the AO record attendance.

Looks like the Tealsters now have convinced themselves that the turnstiles at Adelaide Oval give false figures. Just like they were convinced that those at Footy Park were giving incorrect figures as well.

attachment.php

Yeah well I agree with them about Footy Park - I always thought Port's crowds were overstated and our crowds understated - probably to legitimize our cross-subsidization of Port's coffers indirectly via the SANFL :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back