AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
would it give the AO attendance record a push?
Definetely will, as it is an independent event (separate from SACA/SANFL) everyone with a ticket will turn up as the whole ground will be individual tickets as members of SANFL/SACA do not get access to the ground.

I reckon that the crowd will be around 53,500 to 54,000.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
There is rumours that the dates for tickets will be 24 or 25th February.

It won't matter if there is a snow storm, there will still be 53-54,000 there. If I am lucky enough to get tickets, I will go no matter what the weather and so will everyone else, I have supported LFC for 25 years and to see them for the first time ever in Adelaide is a dream come true, I'll be there if I can get a ticket.

Crustydog

Draftee
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just got my footy pack today. I'm very impressed with the blue cap- nice one AFC! Bring on the 2015 season- 25 years, Go the Crows!

Rusty Crow

All Australian
Apr 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is rumours that the dates for tickets will be 24 or 25th February.

It won't matter if there is a snow storm, there will still be 53-54,000 there. If I am lucky enough to get tickets, I will go no matter what the weather and so will everyone else, I have supported LFC for 25 years and to see them for the first time ever in Adelaide is a dream come true, I'll be there if I can get a ticket.
You can get tickets now in the Visa presale if you want food and booze included. Cocktail party is sold out already.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I love the Reds (LFC) but I don't have $550 for a hospitality ticket.

I'm hoping that there will be some tickets ar around $100 a ticket.

Rusty Crow

All Australian
Apr 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there will be a SMA members offer presale that may be more around the mark and I may have a spare barcode to gift.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think there will be a SMA members offer presale that may be more around the mark and I may have a spare barcode to gift.
There won't be one - Anthony Daniels - SMA Chairman said on FiveAA that it will be a completely clean stadium. LFC have basically hired Adelaide Oval for the night and will have all signage,all money from food beverage profits and probably most of the ticket sales (AUFC may get small cut).

It will be the same as the United vs Victory game in October when the whole ground was open and zero SMA/SACA Members could use their tickets in pre-sales. I had my ticket in the Eastern stand but I walked around the whole oval as the members area was open to all. That is the 1st and only time I have been into the Western stand area since the redevelopment.

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
You can get tickets now in the Visa presale if you want food and booze included. Cocktail party is sold out already.

I bought one of those. Will prob sell it though if I get cheaper seats. This should break the record. People will flock from Melbourne and most likely further for this one. One giant sea of red singing YNWA. Will be special.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I stand corrected, they've bought their own video advertising signs, which are about 5 metres in from the football ones. These ones, however, go all around the ground.

Doesn't look like the level 3 ones will be used at all.

I stand corrected, they've bought their own video advertising signs, which are about 5 metres in from the football ones. These ones, however, go all around the ground.

Are you there? Apparently bugger all, strange considering it was supposedly a "sell out".

Are you there? Apparently bugger all, strange considering it was supposedly a "sell out".
Yes, low crowd for a sellout. No problems sitting wherever you want!

As for the game, all the Australian batsmen bar Smith - who hardly needs it - got a decent hitout. Maxwell looks to have timed his return to form just at the right time.

Interestingly they've just turned on the level 3 signage, but is the same generic World Cup signage they have for the static signage. Looks pretty cool.
Looks similar to previous world cups.

Pity only have cub beer. There were better options in the Caribbean!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Yeah the signage goes pretty much all around the ground and there is a good few metres distance between the fence and electronic signage boards. Which means that the days of kids getting a player to sign their mini bat over the fence are well and truly over.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Yes, low crowd for a sellout. No problems sitting wherever you want!

As for the game, all the Australian batsmen bar Smith - who hardly needs it - got a decent hitout. Maxwell looks to have timed his return to form just at the right time.

I went as well. Spoke to one of the ground staff and they said they only released about 25,000 tickets. I am guessing a lot of people printed their 8 out and either did not go or only used a couple.

Only stuck around to watch us bat. In doing so my brother and I pretty much sat or stood in every area of the ground/stands. All have great views, but those paying top dollar to sit in those red seats on the Eastern side are getting ripped off given the sun conditions and the lower rows of the next level up are probably just a little bit better viewing IMO. Especially for cricket on a hot day.

Still prefer my footy spot of the Ridings bar/standing in front of the red bricks in the Western stand.

The atmosphere for India V Pakistan is going to be awesome next week. The crowd were mainly Indians today, and those sitting on the Eastern side lower level near the drummer were a very vibrant bunch. Enjoyed the few overs we sat near them. No direction from a song playing over the PA or images on the screen for them to make noise and increase the atmosphere and just have a great time. Will be even better with another 20,000 of em.

Back