AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

They should have a two rows of statues of SA greats as you walk down to the eastern gates. F*** me it's the only acknowledgements SANFL footy history gets if we do it ourselves.....might even educate some of our own at the same time.
While I'm at it. The southern side of the ground should be dedicated to indigenous SA players as my understanding is that Pinky Flat was a significant area for aboriginals pre and post white settlement. I'll let others more informed correct me.

It was the original settlement for the Kaurna people of South Australia but its known as Tarndanyangga or Pinky Flat.

2014 Food & Drink Prices:

View attachment 125656

2015 Food & Drink Prices:

View attachment 125657

2015/2016 Cricket drink prices:

Capture.PNG

Need to get the food prices, but wow - $5 for water, $13.50 for spirits, $8.90 for ******* Hahn Super Dry... ouch

Bottle of water and a ham sandwich you made yourself anyone?

Thats ridiculous. Gonna need a payrise just for a couple bottles of water at the cricket in a couple weeks.

Waters stayed the same and soft drinks gone up 10 cents. Not the end of the world.

Had a 'start the car' moment when I went to the MCG and paid $3 for a bottle of water
Went earlier this year and was speaking to a number of people, they laughed hard when they heard how much we got ripped off.

Do what most people do at the footy take your own water/soft drinks and bring a sandwich or two. Its not that hard, I only spent about $15 on Food for 12 AFL Games plus 4 T20 Cricket games and the World Cup Quarter Final this year.

The prices are very high, but I usually just bring something in from the 24/7 Convenience across the road with me and don't reeally constantly drink/eat while sitting so it doesn't effect me that much.

In isolation based on RRP the prices aren't too bad for one person, a dollar or two extra per item, but for families or when buying multiple items I would just give it a miss.

I guess the difference is when you go to a deli or service station etc you can always get 2 Iced Coffees for $6 or 2 chocolate bars for $3.50 or whatever they have on offer or supermarket specials. People aren't really used to paying full price anyway, and then to have the extra on top is a shock.

I am assuming that there are conditions you need to meet to get drink into the oval. Up here at the Gabba the water bottle must be unopened or you cant take it in. What I find stupid about this rule is that if I had a thermos of coffee that was OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am assuming that there are conditions you need to meet to get drink into the oval. Up here at the Gabba the water bottle must be unopened or you cant take it in. What I find stupid about this rule is that if I had a thermos of coffee that was OK.
I've never had my water bottle checked. Security guy just pats my bag down. Could be anything in there!

Nice to see that the ridiculous "rules" and "security measures" thing is universal. Find it hilarious being asked to open my bag whilst wearing a winter coat that could smuggle in just about anything. o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back