List Mgmt. AFL Article linking Cats and Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be going to our Kolo telling him "youre gonna play 22 games this year. But. we want you to tell your brother NOT to resign when they try and get him to during this season. He'll be on a standard 2 year draftee contract. tell him we want him. And we want you both to be the pillars of our backline, together for the next 10 years. Then have Kolo (GC version) tell GC he wants to focus on footy and sign at seasons end. then tell them he wants out to play with his brother. Give them our first pick at seasons end.
Youre welcome.

Haven't they got several of their players already signed to extended contracts. I honestly think we would have more chance getting a good deal in player or picks by trading JK to them , KK just looked to good for them to let go

No , you must pay what we think he is worth and what fits in with our long term plans.

If we miss on him we look at alternatives.As I have said all along , i do not feel our KPD's are in the most dire shape. We need mids of the right age , we need a ruck.

The money we have offered is fair. If you want to pay more than that , we probably should go and talk to Carlise at Ess.

Or Ryder?
Giles isn't an A grade ruck so isn't worth chasing with a fistful of cash like others.
Carlisle wouldn't be cheap.

I couldnt agree more. **** Frawley. Pump games into Hamling. Pump games into Kolo. Do it now while they can play alongside of Taylor, Loners and Rivers. rivers is already 26. He me be cooked in 4 years.

Great idea, but can you really see it happening? Who out of Taylor, Lonergan and Rivers will Scott be playing in the VFL next year? None. There will be a lot of frustration here next year.

It's a tough one. I think we could maybe throw a bit more dosh at him, but if he wants to go to Freo, he'll go to Freo. $550,000 from us would be the absolute top offer.

Anyone that bags Frawley coming to Geelong, in my opinion is probably a bit naive.

Lonergan, Enright, Mackie, Rivers - our 4 best backman (besides Harry) all have 1-2 years left max. Now you can say "we'll pump games into Kolo and Hamling", but realistically they have played a whopping 0 senior games.

I'm all for giving games to the youngsters, but our backline is going to take a big hit when 4 of our best players call it a day, which unfortunately, is likely to occur around the same time.

Harry Taylor can't do everything on his own. Agreed Frawley is no Matthew Scarlett, but he is a solid player, has good experience and is a perfect age to help develop and transition our team for the short term and long term success. Also, he plays for Melbourne and obviously wants to leave. We all saw what happened with Rivers. His first year wasn't amazing (injury didn't help) but this year I would say hit career best form playing with a driven team with a better environment (sorry Melbourne).

If we are relying on Kolo and Hamling to step up and play amazing football with 1 year experience, that's a scary prospect. They may make it, but I'd say we are clutching at straws for them to actually do it so quickly.

We also can't be too reliant on our hopes Dangerfield will come back to us in a couple of years, if that's purely what we are saving our salary cap for. In my honest opinion, I don't think he will leave. So we may need to brace the fact that we will not gain him as a Geelong player.

SEN are reporting on their website that Fremantle have offered Melbourne's James Frawley a 7 year deal believed to be worth $600'000 a season.

Lulz. Have him. I reckon Harry T would raise an eyebrow at that, wonder what Freo offered him last year and if they had their time again they would have gone harder? Would make him worth 20 years for $20M ...

Lulz. Have him. I reckon Harry T would raise an eyebrow at that, wonder what they offered him? 20 years for $20M?

SEN are reporting on their website that Fremantle have offered Melbourne's James Frawley a 7 year deal believed to be worth $600'000 a season.

He'll be there 3 years longer than Lyon. That is stupid over his worth. 4.2 million deal. Enjoy the Indian ocean Chip.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol well that's that then :p

Get games into Kolo and hopefully draft in a promising key defender in a couple months time.
Kolo will be >>>>> than Frawley in 4 - 5yrs I reckon and if getting games into him now reduces the risk of us losing him to the GC at some stage I'm all for it because he's the only KD on our list with a really high ceiling IMO.

agree Scott. Only saw him once but from all reports, he's beyond his years as he already has the basics down pat and then coupled with his athleticism, he really could become a top line defender for us. Will take some time is all. Big boy too, only turned 19 a couple months back but at 6ft'4 & over 90kg's, he's probably still got some more growing to do in the next couple of years.

agree Scott. Only saw him once though but from all reports, he's beyond his years as he already has the basics down pat and then coupled with his athleticism, he really could become a top line defender for us. Will take time is all. Big boy too, only turned 19 a couple months back but at 6ft'4 & over 90 kg's, he's probably still got some more growing to do in the next couple of years.
Yep, plus finishing 4th in the VFL B&F in his his first year as key defender, pretty impressive start!

FREMANTLE coach Ross Lyon has conceded that hefty travel requirements are an obstacle in attempts to lure experienced interstate recruits as doubts rise that the Dockers will win services of free agent James Frawley.

Dockers’ hopes of attracting the disgruntled Melbourne defender appear to be rapidly fading.
But Frawley continues to be linked with Geelong and the 2010 all-Australian appears to have attracted renewed interest from grand finalist Hawthorn.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-james-frawley/story-fni5f6su-1227066335931

the way Mackie finished off the season, I'd probably rather slot Kolo in his spot than take away Rivers and Lonergan who were solid all year long.
Not sure Kolo would provide enough run out of HB to replace Mackie at this stage, he did say in an article earlier in the year that was an area he wanted to really work on though. Brown/Hamling would probably better for Mackie I think.

Could give Rivers some rotation with Kolo though, said his knee was a week to week thing and needed to be managed so that could be a solution to keep him fresh.

Bahahahah this is stupidity. More COLA.

Sydney has entered the race for Melbourne defender James Frawley, with reports of a six-year, $800,000 per season offer has been tabled.

That settles that then.

Bahahahah this is stupidity. More COLA.

Sydney has entered the race for Melbourne defender James Frawley, with reports of a six-year, $800,000 per season offer has been tabled.

That settles that then.

:eek:
They must've pooled all of their pocket money!! Where the hell did that figure come from? The rest of the boys must be getting paid peanuts! That is a ridiculous amount of money, considering how much they're paying their million dollar forward line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back