Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Over the years there have been some great intros. Post your favorite.

Here's mine:

Channel 7 intro 2000:

:thumbsu:

This is the sh1t, right here:

where my avatar comes from!

early 90s... this would have been what Channel 7 got in Adelaide... but in Melbourne, Channel 7 were showing Elvis movies on Saturday afternoons during the footy season and one would have to wait until 6pm for the "AFL Today" 90 minute highlight show.... however, there were a few pubs in Melbourne that did manage to get a Channel 7 feed from interstate so they would have a LIVE game to show punters from 2pm, although the league were cracking down on them

where my avatar comes from!

early 90s... this would have been what Channel 7 got in Adelaide... but in Melbourne, Channel 7 were showing Elvis movies on Saturday afternoons during the footy season and one would have to wait until 6pm for the "AFL Today" 90 minute highlight show.... however, there were a few pubs in Melbourne that did manage to get a Channel 7 feed from interstate so they would have a LIVE game to show punters from 2pm, although the league were cracking down on them

Love the avatar, I remember the 90 minute highlight show well. It was a good recap of the day's matches if you hadn't been listening to radio or the like. Often it would go into ta live coverage of the Saturday night match (or delayed, not sure). Funny thing about that clip is that they had a Bombers v Blues game at Waverley but chose to go with the Saints v Crows at Moorabbin.

Love the avatar, I remember the 90 minute highlight show well. It was a good recap of the day's matches if you hadn't been listening to radio or the like. Often it would go into ta live coverage of the Saturday night match (or delayed, not sure). Funny thing about that clip is that they had a Bombers v Blues game at Waverley but chose to go with the Saints v Crows at Moorabbin.

Saturday Night games were still in trial phase in the early 90s with a few Bears games at Carrara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm calling bullshit...not a single special, delicious, or homoerotic double entendre in over a minute of McAvaney footage.

The halcyon days when Bruce hadn't been taken to the vets.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has the '93 intro, and if it has the same music they would use for the team sheets... which is very odd, very 90s music.

no "BOY OH BOY, WOWEEE!" from BT

True but that clip is Dennis and Bruce calling with Gerald Healey on special comments. Bruce was actually a very, very good commentator back in the day and I'm at a loss as to why he feels the need for all of the crap that he goes on with these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back