AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be surprised if Port make the GF - a very much underrated team. Suspect they'll play Tigers but could be wrong too.

I think that's a fair call 'FairnessInFooty'. I saw Port play Saints on the weekend & they are a quality side. I have no doubt they will roll South's this week & then whoever loses out of Norths & Saints this week will have their work cut out against Port in the following week. I wouldn't be surprised if Port make the GF. Saints V North's this week should be a great match. Will wait to hear the teams before I make a decision on the winner as I hear both teams have a number of key players under injury clouds. Can anyone shed light on Tennick's 'supposed' report from the weekend's game Vs Trinity? Did he get any weeks?

Out on a limb early

Seniors-----

Port V Souths Though I hate to tip against my side would love to be wrong but ----Port to get over them after the last performance against them

Norths v Saints North to just get up will be a cracker of a match

Reserves----

-Saints v Souths Souths have beaten them before and should again will be a classic knock down drag em out game

Norths v Port Douglas This will / should be a great game only one win separating each during the home and away season ---MMMnnn Port to win this one

I think that's a fair call 'FairnessInFooty'. I saw Port play Saints on the weekend & they are a quality side. I have no doubt they will roll South's this week & then whoever loses out of Norths & Saints this week will have their work cut out against Port in the following week. I wouldn't be surprised if Port make the GF. Saints V North's this week should be a great match. Will wait to hear the teams before I make a decision on the winner as I hear both teams have a number of key players under injury clouds. Can anyone shed light on Tennick's 'supposed' report from the weekend's game Vs Trinity? Did he get any weeks?

Word has it Tennick was reported by 3 umpires. That can't be a good sign. Surely looking at several weeks you would think. For Norths sake lets hope he got off as he is a key player for them

Kiss of death for the first week of the finals.

Reserves First Semi Final: Cairns Saints vs. South Cairns - I think the Cutters can win this. If they don't, I don't think they'll die wondering.

Seniors First Semi Final: Port Douglas vs. South Cairns - I've watched Port in the last few rounds and they have looked rusty at times. Yes they have a quality team but they don't travel well to Cazalys. I'll go Port but only just.

Seniors Second Semi Final: North Cairns vs. Cairns Saints - You would expect this game to be a cracker. Saints have had some injury concerns in recent weeks. I think the Tigers will be freshened up for this, they've been putting in some hours at Cazalys in the last couple of weeks.
Reserves Second Semi Final: North Cairns vs. Port Douglas - One word, Norths.

As for me, I'm going to be sitting out the back drinking out of my new Tap King that I got for fathers day and enjoying my first weekend of no footy.

Good Luck to all. ;)

I see in today's fish wrapper that the No.1 Whistle Blower is heading home to Melbourne. Another one that has only lasted one season.
:confused:

Interesting lot of results from the semi-finals, my kisses of death obviously worked a treat. Kisses for the Preliminary Finals -

Senior P/F - Norths V Crocs - I can't help but wonder if Norths have burnt out at the business end of the season.

Ressies P/F - Norths V Saints - The Saints will be pumped up for this one.

Good Luck.

PS - Any tips for the Crathern Medal on Monday night????

Apparently there is a bit more behind it than we are lead to believe... Not an honest man?!

I've heard the same thing Hizenberg.....going home for 'family reasons' is just an alibi for what's really happened. I'm sure there are others who could elaborate on this???

I've heard the same thing Hizenberg.....going home for 'family reasons' is just an alibi for what's really happened. I'm sure there are others who could elaborate on this???

'Family Reasons' is the cover up from AFL Cairns.... League will be better off without him that's for sure.

Tennick reported again for the 2nd week in a row but no doubt the AFL Cape York Tigers will be able to have it thrown out again.

Interesting lot of results from the semi-finals, my kisses of death obviously worked a treat. Kisses for the Preliminary Finals -

Senior P/F - Norths V Crocs - I can't help but wonder if Norths have burnt out at the business end of the season.

Good Luck.

Should be 2 good games on Saturday, lets see what the wind does because it played havoc on the games last week.

For the Crathern, my top 5 in no order ;

Walsh
Meuller
Powell
Wearmouth
Ehlich

With Gross a roughy from Lions

Should be 2 good games on Saturday, lets see what the wind does because it played havoc on the games last week.

For the Crathern, my top 5 in no order ;

Walsh
Meuller
Powell
Wearmouth
Ehlich

With Gross a roughy from Lions

Think your Top 5 is spot on.... R Couch from Saints is the only one who will take votes off Powell and Walsh.

Not much can be done but every year the wind ruins most finals... Would be good to see another oval in Cairns host a final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much can be done but every year the wind ruins most finals... Would be good to see another oval in Cairns host a final[/quote]

Totally agree with other oval. My thoughts are - If you finish top you get to play at home.
Port finish top, the second semi is played at Pt Douglas or Cutters finish top the game is at Fretwell.
The home club keeps the gate plus other profits from food etc. Great incentive to finish top.
The WAFL does this now plus even play the their 1st semi at the home ground of the 3rd place getter.

If this NEAFL side comes in then local sides need extra incentives to survive.

Not much can be done but every year the wind ruins most finals... Would be good to see another oval in Cairns host a final

Totally agree with other oval. My thoughts are - If you finish top you get to play at home.
Port finish top, the second semi is played at Pt Douglas or Cutters finish top the game is at Fretwell.
The home club keeps the gate plus other profits from food etc. Great incentive to finish top.
The WAFL does this now plus even play the their 1st semi at the home ground of the 3rd place getter.

If this NEAFL side comes in then local sides need extra incentives to survive.[/quote]

Great idea Subrule and Dr Kimble but I bet it doesn't happen.

If this NEAFL side comes in then local sides need extra incentives to survive.[/quote]

Great Idea

BUT

the powers too be are stubborn and out of date with what the rank and file believe may resurrect this comp and the clubs.

Imagine what if the Cobras / Lions had this chance when they made the semis, all the extra income too boost their side,

or

when Pyramid finally are allowed come into the comp, which is now past their due date on waiting, bring in a Reserves Team for them NOW and let the build towards their great future, how much will this idea lift them.

Bring it on AFL Cairns listen to the supporters for once and get out of the office and chat with all and sundry not just the yes men in the clubs who bow and swoon to you. There are some good ideas out there, but then what do they care ???????

Another umpire head gone well well well.

Good Luck.

Norths v Crocs------- Have to wonder along with young Flintstone here, has Norths peaked too early, how did the tribunal go with Tennick ?? will go with the Tigg-ers anyway

Norths v Saints --- Both sides would love to go through ---after playing them throughout the year both have had their ups and downs Souths have knocked off both ---- very hard too pick in this one --- will kiss of death Saints but would not be knocked over with a feather if it was the other way around

Norths v Crocs------- Have to wonder along with young Flintstone here, has Norths peaked too early, how did the tribunal go with Tennick ?? will go with the Tigg-ers anyway

Norths v Saints --- Both sides would love to go through ---after playing them throughout the year both have had their ups and downs Souths have knocked off both ---- very hard too pick in this one --- will kiss of death Saints but would not be knocked over with a feather if it was the other way around

Got off which was no suprise considering he plays for tigers...

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4214247/events/2358363

Check out near the 50minute mark you see Tennick well off the ball line up Dixon. Then as the ball comes back you see Dixon still on his hands and knees.... Umpire reported him, was well off the ball, video shows it and he still gets off.

Just had a look at the footage. Did he really get off? I can't even think of a defence for it. Easy 2 weeks if you did that here in Victoria. Setting a pretty average example at AFL Cairns. How much say do Rick Hanlon and Kane Richter have up there now?

Got off which was no suprise considering he plays for tigers...

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4214247/events/2358363

Check out near the 50minute mark you see Tennick well off the ball line up Dixon. Then as the ball comes back you see Dixon still on his hands and knees.... Umpire reported him, was well off the ball, video shows it and he still gets off.

Watched the tape didn't think much of the game pretty ordinary, the hand balls were ??? kicking also so so

Mmmmmm tribunals ???? you win some you lose some Tigers seem to win their fair share more than others, or so it seems

(Didn't stay after the Souths game as I had two dogs shows here in Cairns to attend)

Just had a look at the footage. Did he really get off? I can't even think of a defence for it. Easy 2 weeks if you did that here in Victoria. Setting a pretty average example at AFL Cairns. How much say do Rick Hanlon and Kane Richter have up there now?

In fairness the footage isnt great but it does show Tennick line Dixon up a fair way off the ball and Dixon on the ground for several seconds. If AFL Cairns doesnt stop this kind of thing happening then thugs will continue to do it and get away with it

In fairness the footage isnt great but it does show Tennick line Dixon up a fair way off the ball and Dixon on the ground for several seconds. If AFL Cairns doesnt stop this kind of thing happening then thugs will continue to do it and get away with it

Gee way to go over the top you blokes. Tennick lays a solid hip and shoulder on Dixon, knocks the wind out of him, and all of a sudden we are thugs and Richter and Hanlon are running the tribunal!!! Was probably outside the 5m zone so worth a free kick.
Anyway couple of good wins for the boys yesterday and sets up what should be 2 competitive Grand finals next week. Go Tigers.

I love watching the Cairns games, nice rough footy. i think Alex Carter was definately one of the better younger players in the comp this year. his hard work and determination to get the football is one not shown by many young players in the cairns area. wouldnt be surprised to see him take on a big club down south soon!

I love watching the Cairns games, nice rough footy. i think Alex Carter was definately one of the better younger players in the comp this year. his hard work and determination to get the football is one not shown by many young players in the cairns area. wouldnt be surprised to see him take on a big club down south soon!

Haha. Thanks this has made my Monday... Couldn't even make Saints best 22 so don't think he will be making any decent sides down south.

Calling Tennick a thug is going overboard Lach... However it was clearly worse than Buddy, Chappy or Richards bumps and they will all get weeks.

Tips for the weekend
Saints by 18
Tigers by 10 in the 2s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back