AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Some news out of Manunda. NQ ruckman Cameron Duffy is set to leave the club at seasons end to South Cairns. A pay dispute between the club and Duffy is thought to have caused this. Cutters have allegedly offered up to 600+ for the talented ruck
This is crap. I'm sure the Hawks/NQ 19 year old ruckman has more intelligence than to be at Cutters who suspend player payments after being lured with empty promises. There's no pay dispute at Hawks. Ask the Cutters' players if they have a pay dispute - again this season. He may/should have bigger fish to fry but if he's in Cairns next year then he'll be at Hawks I believe.

This is crap. I'm sure the Hawks/NQ 19 year old ruckman has more intelligence than to be at Cutters who suspend player payments after being lured with empty promises. There's no pay dispute at Hawks. Ask the Cutters' players if they have a pay dispute - again this season. He may/should have bigger fish to fry but if he's in Cairns next year then he'll be at Hawks I believe.
So whats the word on Cutters pay dispute? With tongue in cheek I hope a few of their players go on strike, we have them this week..!

So whats the word on Cutters pay dispute? With tongue in cheek I hope a few of their players go on strike, we have them this week..!
Can tell you right now that the players south of cairns are chompin at the bit to pull that joke of a footy team cairns city lions back down to Earth.

All the hate for cutters been thrown around, some sides a bit jealous of the mighty cutters success. I'm sure they don't want that hopeless ruckman anyway!!!

A tough win for the St Augustine's team on the weekend in the AFLQ NQ Schools Challenge. The boys beat William Ross College by 5 points in the end. I think Coach Walsh was having palpitations in the last quarter. The scores were level with a few minutes to go and the young fella managed to take a mark in the forward pocket and kicked the winning goal.

A tough win for the St Augustine's team on the weekend in the AFLQ NQ Schools Challenge. The boys beat William Ross College by 5 points in the end. I think Coach Walsh was having palpitations in the last quarter. The scores were level with a few minutes to go and the young fella managed to take a mark in the forward pocket and kicked the winning goal.
Good stuff! Who do they verse now?

South cairns haven't had success since 2003.

Depends on what you define as success, made the GF 8 times since 2003 , haven't been out of the finals since 2000. Each year when the rep side is picked seem to be able to supply 2-3 players. Has the best AFL ground (except HQ) in Cairns for viewing football and playing surface. Supplies to biggest traveling crowd in Cairns to games.

Good stuff! Who do they verse now?

Well done to the young fella, waited till the spotlight was on him and comes out a true champ. Walshy is going well with the ladz.

All the hate for cutters been thrown around, some sides a bit jealous of the mighty cutters success. I'm sure they don't want that hopeless ruckman anyway!!!
Your entitled as anyone else to your opinion TB but "that hopeless ruckman" ??

Last edited:

South Cairns are the Collingwood of AFL Cairns, you either love 'em or you hate 'em.

As it is a public holiday I'll put my kiss of death in early.

Hawks V Centrals - A must win game for both teams, however I think the Hawks can take out Centrals at Cazalys.

Cutters V Lions - One would have to think that the Cutters will beat the Lions at Fretwell. The Cutters should be as fit as ever with their recently appointed fitness coach.

Saints V Norths - This game is going to be either a white wash or bloody close. However I'm going to stick with Saints and Walsh to kick a bag full.

I'm looking forward to a dagwood dog on Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can tell you right now that the players south of cairns are chompin at the bit to pull that joke of a footy team cairns city lions back down to Earth.
Geez, not another sniping twit..! "Joke of a club..?" Ive had nothing but complimentary comments for your team this season & wished them success..! What I will say about our "joke" of a club is the players are a happy & committed bunch, both sides are improving & hopefully finals bound, a large number of players both local & interstate are inquiring about suiting up in 2015 (not just for cash), our crowds have been healthy with a great home day atmosphere & our finances are in order. How many of those points can you tick off? perhaps not that many...

Geez, not another sniping twit..! "Joke of a club..?" Ive had nothing but complimentary comments for your team this season & wished them success..! What I will say about our "joke" of a club is the players are a happy & committed bunch, both sides are improving & hopefully finals bound, a large number of players both local & interstate are inquiring about suiting up in 2015 (not just for cash), our crowds have been healthy with a great home day atmosphere & our finances are in order. How many of those points can you tick off? perhaps not that many...
And you think the mighty cutters aren't happy and committed? If our blokes were just playing for cash they wouldn't be sitting on top of the ladder as we speak. They have stuck together regardless, and if money was an issue players would've had the clearance list ticking over wanting to leave but havent. All I'm saying is pipe down Cairns City Lion, don't be so cocky and chirpy, youse have been the worst cairns club for the past decade.

Hawks V Centrals - A must win game for both teams, however I think the Hawks can take out Centrals at Cazalys.

Cutters V Lions - One would have to think that the Cutters will beat the Lions at Fretwell. The Cutters should be as fit as ever with their recently appointed fitness coach.

Saints V Norths - This game is going to be either a white wash or bloody close. However I'm going to stick with Saints and Walsh to kick a bag full.

I agree flinstone!
Yeah I believe the Hawks are on the up, will finish 4th and will belt an overrated centrals team.

Cutters will win, Smith to kick 11

Saints will just edge out Norths!

And you think the mighty cutters aren't happy and committed? If our blokes were just playing for cash they wouldn't be sitting on top of the ladder as we speak. They have stuck together regardless, and if money was an issue players would've had the clearance list ticking over wanting to leave but havent. All I'm saying is pipe down Cairns City Lion, don't be so cocky and chirpy, youse have been the worst cairns club for the past decade.
Yeah mate, you keep telling yourself that, maybe you need to do some research before shouting your mouth off...

Hawks at home, a win at home will boost their moral

Souths at home with a vocal balcony crowd

Saints v North now I agree very hard to pick this one going on past games of the Saints, Norths can knock them off if the have their minds set and will not be surprised.
Close game or Blow out ???
Will sit on the fence with this one

Hey , hope you get better soon,

I would like to be one of Richters mc and he said if Inbox u may fast track for me to become a mc!

I have already done 60% !

Thank you for your time hope her from u soon hope u get better

Hawks at home, a win at home will boost their moral

Souths at home with a vocal balcony crowd

Saints v North now I agree very hard to pick this one going on past games of the Saints, Norths can knock them off if the have their minds set and will not be surprised.
Close game or Blow out ???
Will sit on the fence with this one

Unlike you to sit on the fence Tamba....lol

Depends on what you define as success, made the GF 8 times since 2003 , haven't been out of the finals since 2000. Each year when the rep side is picked seem to be able to supply 2-3 players. Has the best AFL ground (except HQ) in Cairns for viewing football and playing surface. Supplies to biggest traveling crowd in Cairns to games.
Geez think you are waaaayyy overrating your ground tamba!

South Cairns Cutters to implode due to a shocking decisions from dickheads that run the club. How they still have their heads above water is byond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back