Afl canberra - 2012

southcab

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2008
yass
AFL Club
Carlton
@ southcab, did Coota come from the Farrer league ?, i guess they would have to come up with 2 senior teams and if possible a under 18 team, considering there is a RL team, a RU team and a soccer team in Coota, it would be pretty hard work.

Do they run with 2 senior teams or just the one ?.

Hey Fab, yes they did come from the Farrah leauge and yes this would make you rite, they would have to feild atleast two teams.If Nov is rite about the $200.00 per game,thats going to be an expensive season.I know they always paid Canberra and Young players fuel money in the past so theres a fair chance he could be rite.

nov4

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Goulburn
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Fab, yes they did come from the Farrah leauge and yes this would make you rite, they would have to feild atleast two teams.If Nov is rite about the $200.00 per game,thats going to be an expensive season.I know they always paid Canberra and Young players fuel money in the past so theres a fair chance he could be rite.
I have it straight from the horses mouth...

OwnSupply

Debutant
May 23, 2011
In The Can
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Word is a few senior Jets players (as in 200+ games) have walked out an joined other clubs.
Something rotten goin on out at Gunghalin? Will they feild teams in all 3 grades this year?

CanBrah Hawks

Draftee
Nov 23, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Word is a few senior Jets players (as in 200+ games) have walked out an joined other clubs.
Something rotten goin on out at Gunghalin? Will they feild teams in all 3 grades this year?
would expect them to be very competitive in Div 2 after dropping back from Div 1. Surely ANU, Belco and Gunghalin would be the strongest teams

hadtobe

Senior List
Mar 22, 2009
mawson
AFL Club
Essendon

Wow Gunghalins, loss someone else,s gain.I heard it has to do with a certain director who may or may not be there club umpire!!!;)

nov4

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Goulburn
AFL Club
Richmond
Exciting for Goulburn having a few Players back, Dale Cummins welcomed his first child into the world so is coming back to Goulburn to play to reduce the stress on his commitment to travel. Brad Armstrong back from the gong for work and Rob Treloar back after a year long Knee injury. First training run had 21 blokes, that's more then any other week last year. haven't really lost anyone from last year,the juniors coming up and some out of towners moving here for work it's looking good for the Swannies... (compared to last year anyway).

nov4

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Goulburn
AFL Club
Richmond
Big rumours we have secured a 2 premiership players that had left the club, only rumours but would be a big up for the Swans.

Jul 17, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
200 bucks a game...! We start training soon get a better idea of who's playing again, a lot of rumours but we will see by mid feb. they might all go to Coota... ;)
Don't worry about the 200! I heard Oliver is set to get 30k to coach and the bloke that wears headgear 10k to train the Canberra players.

Bobby P

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WHU Dallas Swansea Raiders Brumbies
Don't worry about the 200! I heard Oliver is set to get 30k to coach and the bloke that wears headgear 10k to train the Canberra players.

Most expensive 3rd grade team in history? They better hope they win the cup if this is true.

Jul 17, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mine is definitely true. I was more shocked that the bloke in headgear that can't string a sentence together was running training. if it's the same bloke that used to play for the Jets.
He couldn't string anything together except a few good games in S.A. and I think he did played for the jets. He is the only soft c0k that wears headgear at coota. Just might be the same bloke there nov4. I was surprised too when I heard it....he doesn't know too much about the game. Well not back when I played with him.

Bobby P

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WHU Dallas Swansea Raiders Brumbies
Nothing wrong with wearing headgear. Sounds like he needs it if he can't string a sentence together.

DEMONROO

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Dubbo Demons
Nothing wrong with wearing headgear. Sounds like he needs it if he can't string a sentence together.

Just reading your the thread guys, can confirm that a mate of mine from Coota has told me that they have recruited two players from Wodonga Raiders at $500.00 per game!! Not sure who though.

hadtobe

Senior List
Mar 22, 2009
mawson
AFL Club
Essendon
Just reading your the thread guys, can confirm that a mate of mine from Coota has told me that they have recruited two players from Wodonga Raiders at $500.00 per game!! Not sure who though.
How bizare,$500.00 per game for players yet they could not attract a coach !!!Hence the reason for the Don returning.

Back