AFL Canberra Div3/Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that we should beleive only the Southcab comments in regards to Yass.
Lets chat a bit more about Div 2 , there seems to have been a big shake up this year in terms of the teams contesting finals. whats happened to the so called power houses ?
I think the a Molonglo v South coast Final is the most likely GF in Div 3 I think, both teams have been the standard all season, when they played a couple of weeks ago, with both sides missing players, it was a great hard fought game.
Woden and Harman had a good close game yesterday, and Ainsle in there at 3rd should round out the top 5. But looking at the results when these teams have met it would be a pretty fair expectation that Molonglo and South coast meet in the Grand Final, and its pretty hard to split who will get the flag.

I think that we should beleive only the Southcab comments in regards to Yass.
Lets chat a bit more about Div 2 , there seems to have been a big shake up this year in terms of the teams contesting finals. whats happened to the so called power houses ?

Which games do you get to Maddog? Prediction?

I give up. Just trying to be nice and talk footy but still cop flack. Good luck to all finalists I'm out of here. For what it's worth after watching the bay play against belconnen I think they may be a bit young and inexperienced to win the flag as much as I would like them to. And in div 3 wouldn't mind if yass Coota or cooma get the cup

I give up. Just trying to be nice and talk footy but still cop flack. Good luck to all finalists I'm out of here. For what it's worth after watching the bay play against belconnen I think they may be a bit young and inexperienced to win the flag as much as I would like them to. And in div 3 wouldn't mind if yass Coota or cooma get the cup

I'm surprised you "cop flack" considering your high standing in Afl Canberra.

Thanks to the Eastlake lads for the match yesty. Battled during the week for numbers and were reliant on a few div 2 guys filling the void. Glad the match went ahead with the clash with AFL at Manuka. Looking forward to a huge contest with the Yass Roos for the minor premiership. Will be hot contest with a decent crowd expected from down Coota way
Very surprised at the score line from this game.8 div 2 players played for the Demons with the approval of Cootamundra ,and still got smashed by 28 goals .If the AFL is looking for a country team to push up a division next year ? they have one at Cootamundra that would not look out of place .Looks like the committee got it rite . Someone said the Blues would be $1.01 I think that's generous .

Which games do you get to Maddog? Prediction?

Hi Nov,

Mostly div1 and div2 when I can which is not that often anymore as kids sport take precidence. I have seen very little Div 3 but have been reading the posts hence the comments on Southcab as the only reliable contributor from Yass.
I was wondering what had happened to the belconnens and alike that were regulars in the finals of the div2 comp for a good 10 years.
From what i have seen in div 2 i think that the Molonglo will take the flag out which is great to see, after all the club made the move many years ago now. Div 3 looks tight on ladder positions but cant really comment as i havent seen the top sides play.
Credit must go to ADFA and ANU for pushing up also , well done by those clubs.

Hey Rousey
we are hoping to find form towards the end of the season but it's been really tough with 1 game of footy in 3 weeks due to forfeits. Very frustrating.
Hopefully give the finals a good shake

Not tipping Goulburn mate ?

It was great scenes at Greenway on the weekend with two grades of both Tuggeranong and Ainslie forming a guard of honour for Chief's 350th game. No the result we were after, but the lads from Tuggers played really hard footy to get him the best result for the occassion. Fair effort to carry the big man off too!

Well done chief. Great ambassador for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not tipping Goulburn mate ?
Don't blame him after our last 2 months of footy, hopefully we can have a bit of a crack against the top teams. Starts with this weekend, need a win to stay in 3rd. Glad most of the finals are satdy!

I think the a Molonglo v South coast Final is the most likely GF in Div 3 I think, both teams have been the standard all season, when they played a couple of weeks ago, with both sides missing players, it was a great hard fought game.
Woden and Harman had a good close game yesterday, and Ainsle in there at 3rd should round out the top 5. But looking at the results when these teams have met it would be a pretty fair expectation that Molonglo and South coast meet in the Grand Final, and its pretty hard to split who will get the flag.

Can't believe it's the top of the ladder table clash this weekend in Div 3. Wonder if the full strength teams come out for both sides or they save it for the finals. I tip Coota to win. Goulburn (3) to beat Ainslie (5). Cooma needs to score 300 against Tuggers this weekend to challenge Goulburn for % or hopes Ainslie puts on a decent score to reduce Goulburns % even if the Swans win for Cooma to come 3rd and get the double chance.

In Div 2, Minor Premiers Molonglo to beat Harman (4th), South Coast (2) to beat Eastlake (5) threatening their finals campaign. Woden (6) to beat Tuggeranong (9) to sneak into the 5. Ainslie 3 to remain where they are.

Hope the rain holds off :) Hope cooma get to play ,and I hope we get no more injury's .Good luck to all tomorrow :)
Have you got all of your players back yet? Hopefully lives up to expectation. Coota have the two highest goal scorer's so having 2 tall defenders is a must.

Any predictions on B&F? Without seeing any other games and going off reputation I would say Mcdermott (Coota), Serafin (Yass) or Conway (Swans).

Have you got all of your players back yet? Hopefully lives up to expectation. Coota have the two highest goal scorer's so having 2 tall defenders is a must.

Any predictions on B&F? Without seeing any other games and going off reputation I would say Mcdermott (Coota), Serafin (Yass) or Conway (Swans).
Hey Nov short answer no we don't . As for predictions if Webby is eligible he will win the medal . Good luck tomorrow mate .I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

Last edited:
Hey Nov short answer no we don't . As for predictions if Webby is eligible he will win the medal . Good luck tomorrow mate .I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

Even missing a few games to start. That would be an impressive effort. He may lose a few votes to team mates as opposed to some teams that have clear standout players.

I'll say someone from Yass or Cooma without knowing anyones names

Remove this Banner Ad

Back