AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big fan of the return to first grade, ressies and 18's all being played on the same day at the same venue. I certainly remember loving it as a young player coming through. Play your 18's match, grab a drink (beers if some of the boys were already 18) and a pie and go sit on the hill under the scoreboard for the ressies match, and then be joined by the ressies boys with a few cartons of piss while you watched the seniors. Then back over to the club for presos and out to town afterwards. Best way to spend a Saturday haha

It's a shame for the 3's to 5's though, it looks like a bit of a hodge podge set up down there. Perhaps those lower grades will evolve again when/if Ainslie and Eastlake exit the NEAFL, allowing each of them to have another side spread through the AFL Canberra comp again

Certainly were some good days coming through 18s...

It does seem to be a bit of a shambles for the lower grades. Further, I have concerns about this draft, given that our side in div 2 last year (effectively the 3rd Ainslie side) will now be looked at as top ups for Div 1, should they have injuries/players unavailable for whatever reason. There's real potential to ruin the depth of several divisions at Ainslie/Eastlake, not to mention you could suddenly have blokes who are effectively 3rd graders playing at the top level of AFL Canberra...

Ok so here's my prediction for the upcoming year in the lower grades.
Div3 Molonglo play uc magpies in the granny Molonglo win Div 4 Anu play Goulburn in the Granny Anu win Div 5 Ainslie play Molonglo in the Granny Ainslie win .Bold predictions I know but that's mine.

Good Morning all The Yass roos will start pre season training on the 28th of this month down at O'Conner park (the roos home ground ) Training starts at 6.30 and will be followed by a bbq and a get to know. While we still don't have a coach at this stage, it is hoped that someone amongst our group or new inclusion will put there hand up for the job. Meanwhile a few of the old stagers will be there to support ,console, and laugh ,at the goings on of the players and committee alike .Hope to see you there And that means you 3rd grade too

Jets Preseason training gets back underway tomorrow night (Thursday 15th). All new and old players welcome, so get on down to Amaroo District Playing fields for a 6.30 start.
Prior to Christmas we averaged 35 players a session, young and old, all ready for the challenge ahead. Its exciting times at the Jets, get on board!

Jets Preseason training gets back underway tomorrow night (Thursday 15th). All new and old players welcome, so get on down to Amaroo District Playing fields for a 6.30 start.
Prior to Christmas we averaged 35 players a session, young and old, all ready for the challenge ahead. Its exciting times at the Jets, get on board!

Did you get some good numbers to your first session last night co-pilot?
Have you heard anymore about how this draft system is going to work?

Hi All, Just created myself an account after coming across a bit of interesting information on the Gungahlin Jets website (http://www.gungahlinjets.com.au/content/want-stay-fit-between-now-and-jan-19)

Was just wondering if someone from gungahlin could comment on why they would take the exact conditioning program from Belconnen Magpies, edit out the Belconnen logos and then post it to their own website as if it was their own? Maybe someone that has recently left Belconnen for gungahlin could provide some insight? Would seem pretty pathetic to me to steal a program developed by a coach at another club and claim it as your own, but that's just me.
One of our new coaches is the magpies div 1 assistant coach from last year Jacob ? so it could be one he wrote for the magpies

One of our new coaches is the magpies div 1 assistant coach from last year Jacob ? so it could be one he wrote for the magpies

He didn't write it, it was written by the fitness coach at Belconnen, who still works with Belconnen. You can tell as much because even though someone has taken the time to remove any Belconnen branding off the files, they failed to remove the pictures that explain some of the exercises, which are of the Coach who still works at Belconnen. But if Jacob is claiming that he wrote it.... I guess that answers how it got on your website.

Also as far as Jacob's claims to have been either a Neafl or Div1 assistant coach at Belconnen last year, I would suggest that his claims to that position are about as valid as his claims to have written the guides I am talking about.

He didn't write it, it was written by the fitness coach at Belconnen, who still works with Belconnen. You can tell as much because even though someone has taken the time to remove any Belconnen branding off the files, they failed to remove the pictures that explain some of the exercises, which are of the Coach who still works at Belconnen. But if Jacob is claiming that he wrote it.... I guess that answers how it got on your website.

Also as far as Jacob's claims to have been either a Neafl or Div1 assistant coach at Belconnen last year, I would suggest that his claims to that position are about as valid as his claims to have written the guides I am talking about.

Good to see the Jets off to a good start.

Should have kept ANU or ADFA up and have Marist feed to them.

Good to see the Jets off to a good start.

Should have kept ANU or ADFA up and have Marist feed to them.

I wonder how it got past Pav ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure, was hoping someone from Gungahlin could comment, but they are being conspicuously silent on the issue, Maybe they didn't know or still don't know. I guess not everyone reads this forum?

Long time reader, first post, my ties are to the jets so take this as you wish.

Probably best put down to a harmless over sight from the club to post it publicly on the website. I don't see much in it given you could google this material quiet readily. So why didn't the jets just do that... good question if we already had access to other material why not take the easy option on this?

I know the two clubs have discussed it and the article is now removed and I would assume an apoligy was made from the jets given the decision to take it down. No one set out to offend any one as my opening line suggest, a bit of harmless oversight.

Probably bigger issues for both clubs than 3 pages of planking and a bit of internet plagiarism.

Long time reader, first post, my ties are to the jets so take this as you wish.

Probably best put down to a harmless over sight from the club to post it publicly on the website. I don't see much in it given you could google this material quiet readily. So why didn't the jets just do that... good question if we already had access to other material why not take the easy option on this?

I know the two clubs have discussed it and the article is now removed and I would assume an apoligy was made from the jets given the decision to take it down. No one set out to offend any one as my opening line suggest, a bit of harmless oversight.

Probably bigger issues for both clubs than 3 pages of planking and a bit of internet plagiarism.
I give you credit for not coming on here all guns blazing (or all jets firing ) It would have been easy to carry on but your post is quite placid good luck for the season. And well done on taking the heat out of the argument.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holidays and didn't spend them checking big footy. Anyhow, I never claimed to write this, I'd never claim to be able to write something as good as it, hence why I used it. If I've got good material at my disposal why wouldn't I use it, I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't. But to me it sounds like you have more issues with me than just this one. You've got my number so feel free to call me if you wish to discuss anything I've done to upset you. I'd be more than happy to talk it out.
As per your last statement, I'd suggest 10+ hours behind the scenes each week would suggest otherwise, but obviously it wasn't appreciated by you.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on holidays and didn't spend them checking big footy. Anyhow, I never claimed to write this, I'd never claim to be able to write something as good as it, hence why I used it. If I've got good material at my disposal why wouldn't I use it, I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't. But to me it sounds like you have more issues with me than just this one. You've got my number so feel free to call me if you wish to discuss anything I've done to upset you. I'd be more than happy to talk it out.
As per your last statement, I'd suggest 10+ hours behind the scenes each week would suggest otherwise, but obviously it wasn't appreciated by you.

Time for a username change, perhaps?

If you didn't claim to write then why did you go to the trouble of removing the Belconnen branding from it? Also as far as your comment of having 'good material at your disposal' It wasn't really at your disposal now was it, only that didn't stop you from using it.

It sounds as though the situation was handled admirably by others at your new club, so maybe it would be best to leave it at that. Alternatively i guess you could always continue to embarrass yourself/your current club by trying to justify your actions.

If you didn't claim to write then why did you go to the trouble of removing the Belconnen branding from it? Also as far as your comment of having 'good material at your disposal' It wasn't really at your disposal now was it, only that didn't stop you from using it.

It sounds as though the situation was handled admirably by others at your new club, so maybe it would be best to leave it at that. Alternatively i guess you could always continue to embarrass yourself/your current club by trying to justify your actions.

Well they're getting players from other clubs to help their first grade side, don't see why they shouldn't take fitness programs too...

Well they're getting players from other clubs to help their first grade side, don't see why they shouldn't take fitness programs too...
Ouch.

58739dcfcdd82515f5f01aa85ded330aa224f06880931f2cb7c5552d82373ba0.jpg

Not involved with the Jets but I think you're taking this a bit personally. It happens in all sports that other clubs are trying to copy what the best teams do. Perhaps take it as a compliment that what you do is worth copying. Assistant coaches swap teams in the AFL and I'm sure they take ideas from there old clubs. Just my 2 cents worth

Not involved with the Jets but I think you're taking this a bit personally. It happens in all sports that other clubs are trying to copy what the best teams do. Perhaps take it as a compliment that what you do is worth copying. Assistant coaches swap teams in the AFL and I'm sure they take ideas from there old clubs. Just my 2 cents worth

I can see where you are coming from, but seeing as the training guide was from this preseason (After 12 magpies had left the club), and was meant to only have been circulated privately to the current playing group I don't think this falls under the common practice you are describing above.

I can see where you are coming from, but seeing as the training guide was from this preseason (After 12 magpies had left the club), and was meant to only have been circulated privately to the current playing group I don't think this falls under the common practice you are describing above.
Maybe you should check your facts...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back