AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

We have been fortunate with injuries this season so hopefully it continues. Cannot see Goulburn v Ainslie getting played tonight with wet weather. Maybe a case of splitting points. Yass had our squad on toast twice this season and we only managed to scrape over the line. With a home final on the cards, I think Yass would be to strong in the elimination final.

We have been fortunate with injuries this season so hopefully it continues. Cannot see Goulburn v Ainslie getting played tonight with wet weather. Maybe a case of splitting points. Yass had our squad on toast twice this season and we only managed to scrape over the line. With a home final on the cards, I think Yass would be to strong in the elimination final.
Still going ahead, apparently it's clearing up and the forecast is clear. I don't think 3-4mm will call it off.

If the Roos can learn to kick straight they might cause an upset or two in the finals.[/QUOTE]

If Roos trained they might well cause more than an upset. The roos have had 1 training run in the last two months .Now that is social footy at its best .Texts and phone calls start on Wednesday to see who wants a game .

Tough win over Ainslie in a physical contest. 16 points. 3 day turn around, fantastic.

Thanks for coming down boys, pretty shitty with the short turn around to a big game this weekend. Was a good, hard game, bit disappointing to get run over in the last, but that's probably as close as we've been to you guys since we came in a few years ago.

Does history repeat Last season Coota played Yass for the minor premiership in the last round a game they went onto win. Then Yass played Cooma in a elimination final a game they went onto win .While Goulburn played Coota and Coota went onto win .Then Yass played Goulburn in a prelim and went onto win .Then coota went on and won the granny .So does history repeat or can someone stop Coota. One things for sure no one will beat Heath Russell from the league BF Medal and obviously the goal kicking, will he however go on and get the trifecta ? something he fell just short off the last time he coached the swannies.

Does history repeat Last season Coota played Yass for the minor premiership in the last round a game they went onto win. Then Yass played Cooma in a elimination final a game they went onto win .While Goulburn played Coota and Coota went onto win .Then Yass played Goulburn in a prelim and went onto win .Then coota went on and won the granny .So does history repeat or can someone stop Coota. One things for sure no one will beat Heath Russell from the league BF Medal and obviously the goal kicking, will he however go on and get the trifecta ? something he fell just short off the last time he coached the swannies.

We certainly hope so. Coota will be a tough test with a full squad coming down tomorrow, Yass are always in it only a couple less shots on goal against us last week so the game could've been very different. Cooma are an unknown if they get some numbers back they have some great players in their core and could come up with anything.

I havent seen any games this year but going on results and lists , you would think goulburn should win it , but then again they probably should have won a lot more flags in the last 5 years. Its hard to win them but i think with heath at the helm they should go all the way. That is unless they come up against yass in a prelim :)

Result in the yass game?
Ainslie finished off the season with a good win, 10.14.74 to 7.8.50. If only we'd been able to consistently get players on the park this season, maybe we could have pushed some teams in the business end

Congratulations to the Goulburn Swans for their efforts in the showdown yesterday. A strong four quarter performance and we couldn't match the intensity. A solid test leading into finals and we will need to execute some better skills to challenge the swans. Best of luck to Cooma and Yass in their respective final. Will be a classic battle and I hope you guys get a good crowd along. Our B&F was held last night at the family. Phil Bird 1st, Dylan McDermott 2nd and Joel Pearson 3rd. Congratulations fellas and best of luck in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the elimination final is on Sunday at 2.15 at Cooma . The prize for finishing third just gained more respect .Best of luck to both sides

It's great to have finals footy back! You wonder whether Coota can respond this weekend or will home ground advantage again suit the Swans?
Yass will be annoyed that they let a home final slip but should feel confident they can win after scraping a win there a few weeks ago. There last 2 games have been crackers so expect another tight game.
Clarke I think Bird will wrap up the league bnf. Others are Cummins (glbn) and Bahr (Cooma)

It's great to have finals footy back! You wonder whether Coota can respond this weekend or will home ground advantage again suit the Swans?
Yass will be annoyed that they let a home final slip but should feel confident they can win after scraping a win there a few weeks ago. There last 2 games have been crackers so expect another tight game.
Clarke I think Bird will wrap up the league bnf. Others are Cummins (glbn) and Bahr (Cooma)

Think Heath Russell would be odds on to win the medal,Unlike Cummings he hasn't played in a losing side this year. Agree bird would be best chance for coota .Be surprised if it went anywhere other then those two teams. Sundays elimination final game at Cooma should be a cracker, while im disappointed that Yass have to travel im happy for Cooma to make history hosting there first ever AFL final at Snowy oval. Its good for the game I believe .Think Swannies will be too good for Coota at home and im afraid I think Coota will be playing Cooma the week after. Expect Cooma to win in tight one.

Thanks sc for the vote of confidence but everyone knows that yass step up at finals. I also reckon this will be an extremely close game and will probably come down to who kicks straighter

Thanks sc for the vote of confidence but everyone knows that yass step up at finals. I also reckon this will be an extremely close game and will probably come down to who kicks straighter
Hello Jectz
I herd the game is changing from Sunday to Saturday .Have you herd this ?

Cooma v Yass should be interesting, if the cats have a full strength side they will be tough to beat there. Both games could go either way.

Do Cooma now have to travel to Coota? Or is this game likely to be played in Canberra?

Went out and had a look at the Griffins-Hogs game on the Saturday too, good to see ANU score a big win against a team that should be playing 3rd grade.

Thanks SC. It was a tight game all day, hope Toby is ok after he hurt his ankle.

Did Yass really only have 21 for this game?
Having lead for most of the day in windy conditions, it was cruel to go down in the final minutes. Cummins, Ash and Rath had valuable touches towards the end which stifled our attack. Toby looks to be a bad roll with the ankle. With treatment should be ok moving forward. Utility Tim Smeeth was a late withdrawal with a glute. Should be pushing for selection this week. Any injuries updates you guys? Ruckman Haigh (shoulder) and Charry ankle? Congratulations on making the Grand Final. Played the home ground well. Our scoreline of 9.16, was identical to the Cooma Cats in yesterdays victory. Hopefully both sides can sharpen up round the big sticks for this weeks battle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back