AFL Clubs Fear An "Arms Race" - AGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Drunkeness and debauchery... thanks for that.. even if only in your own mind... get a little bit of tawdry in that and things will just
flow effortlessly. :rolleyes:

I smell a feminist.

The problem with the internet is that I have to read what you say, in person I could just judge you on how you look and decide there and then if you are worth listening to.

This post was in jest

It's going to be a neverending cycle.

Clubs told not to spend money on players.

So they spend it on making the match day experience better.

Clubs told not to spend money on making the match day experience better.

So they spend it on......
Cheaper memberships?
Free merchandise for every member?
Better member facilities?
More advertising?

Whatever it is, the small clubs will get offended because they can't spend as much, the AFL outlaw the spend and the rich clubs move onto something else.

It's all a complete waste of time.

I smell a feminist.

The problem with the internet is that I have to read what you say, in person I could just judge you on how you look and decide there and then if you are worth listening to.

This post was in jest
No one smart enough would care but perhaps you need blonde white girls to satisfy the status quo.;)

If a club wants to spend on entertainment for the fans, good!! If a club can't because they are short of dollars, tough!! Enough of this equalisation crap.
With the sort of entertainment most clubs put on, a few big clubs might become small clubs pretty quickly - at least until they scrap the "entertainment" and get their fans back.

Bring back these lovelies.
show_image.php
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, maybe, no, yes, no (foot too pointy)

If a club wants to spend on entertainment for the fans, good!! If a club can't because they are short of dollars, tough!! Enough of this equalisation crap.

Not to mention spending money to attract extra bums on seats to a booked out stadium - just a typical over reaction to Port getting their fan base back to the footy on the back of on field success - are the Blues the only club not getting their fan base to games.

AFL isn't like other sports. We do not need cheerleaders to make going to the game worth while. Plus we want a female friendly environment. Having cheerleaders there would tell the women that this is a game that is designed for just the enjoyment of men.

He didn't specify that they were women....

AFL isn't like other sports. We do not need cheerleaders to make going to the game worth while. Plus we want a female friendly environment. Having cheerleaders there would tell the women that this is a game that is designed for just the enjoyment of men.
So women don't like cheerleaders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is being spear headed by some ridiculous essendon ideas.

One game where the lights are off and players are introduced individually under spotlight.

Also, they are having an 'active area' where they will have supporters chant, soccer style.

Some sports would kill metaphorically to be a family attraction like footy is.

The fans are quite sure what helps that, and its not expensive food or over complex ticketing.

The PA system failed at a hawks cats game for almost a quarter a couple of years ago

The genuine crowd sound was different at first, but it was much more atmospheric than the usual manifactured sound.

Some sports would kill metaphorically to be a family attraction like footy is.

The fans are quite sure what helps that, and its not expensive food or over complex ticketing.

The PA system failed at a hawks cats game for almost a quarter a couple of years ago

The genuine crowd sound was different at first, but it was much more atmospheric than the usual manifactured sound.
They play crowd sounds over the PA??

PAFC raising the bar for all clubs, before and during the game.

I reckon the crows "Eddie betts pocket" raised the bar beyond anything port has tried.
What does a goal kicking pocket have to do with the pre game experience? It was well noted that Port's gameday experience is the reason behind this latest push.
Have you been to a Port game at AO?

The beauty with our game is the action is plentiful so half time is when you get a beer and a feed and a bit of bladder relief, in no particular order, no time for entertainment when you are standing in a queue.

Thing is, were not south australians, who as footy fans are definintely different.

And Im not judging, just think the rush to spend will just be wasteful and cringewworthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back