AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this will have been discussed at length, but FMD…Smart Replay is an horrendous piece of s**t.

An oxymoron if ever there was one, and moreover, for a 'business' worth a gajillion dollaridoos, the whole afl.com.au experience leaves me feeling like I just let Mrs SBYM nail my old fella to the coffee table...

Trust an Australian company to do the worst job possible.

/rant…have a nice day one and all.

I know this will have been discussed at length, but FMD…Smart Replay is an horrendous piece of s**t.

An oxymoron if ever there was one...

Honestly, you can't overstate how ridiculous it is that there's no scroll bar to go back a few seconds to watch something you missed. Unbelievable by web video standards.

Not to mention it's the only web video steamer I've ever used that doesn't have a full screen function.

If I was the CEO of either the AFL or Telstra I would consider it a complete embarrassment. I just don't understand how you can utensil something so simple up so badly.

I just don't understand how you can utensil something so simple up so badly.

I think Andy D signed off on MYKI too...

(As an aside..how bout those Red Men…marching all the way to second…many thanks Stoke…:thumbsu:)

Here we are again for another season. I click on a video and it takes me back to the ******* home page. get your s**t together AFL.com.au

Haha they truly are pathetic. Totally ****ed up all the titles at breaks. Showing video for GWS/Sydney game, titles for Collingwood/Freo Game.

Incompetence

Last edited:
After taking 2 years off from Dream Team I decided I wanted to play this year.

In trying to sign up on Thursday night it kept having an error, the one time I got in it kicked me out... and this will be my third year not playing DT. Rubbish piece of s**t site.

There's been some guy on the FFE arguing black and blue that the AFL should forgo hundreds of millions of dollars of broadcast rights so tight arses can watch all matches online without needing Foxtel.

It's clear to me now that the point I should've made is that they haven't been able to get a simple website right since the internet was born. How the hell does anyone think they could get live streaming right?

Here we are again for another season. I click on a video and it takes me back to the ******* home page. get your s**t together AFL.com.au

Haha they truly are pathetic. Totally ****** up all the titles at breaks. Showing video for GWS/Sydney game, titles for Collingwood/Freo Game.

Incompetence
Those match highlights are ******* s**t, 3 highlights (usually all goals) from each quarter and half the time is spent displaying pointless titles telling you what you are about to see. Get rid of the pointless titles and show more highlights ffs

Last edited:
I just paid for livepass. Actually, didn't it's a 2 week trial.. Anyhow. It is only a tiny bit smoother video on the streams. Still assloads of compression on adsl2+ setting..... ???

Gladly, I'm led to believe I can use my livepass to stream games and replays on the official live app, using an android device. Tablet in bed is probably a nicer idea anyhow.

We'll see this week whether that is smoother than on a browser. I use firefox.. btw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's going on with Smart Replay? It's been more than 12 hours for all the games played on the weekend and yet none of them have been uploaded.

They are there but not via the Smart Replay function (no idea why...). Go to the Match Centre and click on 'Watch Replay' under the relevant match and it will appear.

They are there but not via the Smart Replay function (no idea why...). Go to the Match Centre and click on 'Watch Replay' under the relevant match and it will appear.

Doesn't work at all for me. Comes up with the options of "subscribe now" or "I already have an AFL Live login Id". I click on the later because I already have, and then it comes up with the same screen with only the "subscribe now" button available.

Very poor. It takes about 3 minutes also between clicking on anything and getting the next screen.

I hope someone takes up intimate relations with them on a non-consenting basis.

Doesn't work at all for me. Comes up with the options of "subscribe now" or "I already have an AFL Live login Id". I click on the later because I already have, and then it comes up with the same screen with only the "subscribe now" button available.

Very poor. It takes about 3 minutes also between clicking on anything and getting the next screen.

I hope someone takes up intimate relations with them on a non-consenting basis.

Hmm, not sure why you are getting that message, are you overseas? I am able to access it OK but it has been stopping and starting a lot the last couple of days. There were lot of problems with it early in the season last year too.

Hmm, not sure why you are getting that message, are you overseas? I am able to access it OK but it has been stopping and starting a lot the last couple of days. There were lot of problems with it early in the season last year too.

Yeah, I'm in Perth. I have the App on my tablet for watching live games, which works fine. But now accessing the website on my laptop is also asking for my ID to watch the replay. The old "Smart Replay" feature from last year only has the option of watching last years grand final.

Has anyone else been getting this message today?

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js?_=1395482263198:1

I'm getting it every time I change pages. The screen will freeze for about 20 seconds and then that message pops up. I'm using Firefox.

Gladly, I'm led to believe I can use my livepass to stream games and replays on the official live app, using an android device. Tablet in bed is probably a nicer idea anyhow.

We'll see this week whether that is smoother than on a browser. I use firefox.. btw
Please report on quality.

Starting with the basics, what kind of serious organisation allows some random third party to entirely enclose its website inside an unrelated other website?

Here is a detailed analysis of the nightmare of poor design and bizarre commercial choices that is the AFL site:

nI6nZcR.jpg

Starting with the basics, what kind of serious organisation allows some random third party to entirely enclose its website inside an unrelated other website?

Here is a detailed analysis of the nightmare of poor design and bizarre commercial choices that is the AFL site:

nI6nZcR.jpg
It's an absolute joke. You have this garbage website, SD broadcasts, just smalltime.

nI6nZcR.jpg

Your mistake here is the assumption that this is an AFL website.

It is not. It is a Telstra website, hosting some AFL content. Fairly standard when you involve 'football people' in a high-tech industry. With any luck they will eventually invest in their own hosting and content management arrangement, rather than 'let Telstra do it their way because it's too hard for us to figure out'.

Your mistake here is the assumption that this is an AFL website.

It is not. It is a Telstra website, hosting some AFL content. Fairly standard when you involve 'football people' in a high-tech industry. With any luck they will eventually invest in their own hosting and content management arrangement, rather than 'let Telstra do it their way because it's too hard for us to figure out'.
That's even more pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back