Tasmania AFL failed Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

You must be off your medication Bear, given you didnt mention the problems in Melbourne, i.e too many teams , too many games (supply outstrips demand) - after 100+ years teams cant survive with handouts, dressed any way you like it they are handouts

A. Medication has been stable for about 4 years, which is nice. Needed it before the Essendon saga started.

B. I don't believe there are too many teams in Melbourne, it's an incredibly passionate state.
My issue is that places that won't follow the game, are getting teams, that's poor culture.
Hide behind all the bullshit financial excuses, I have yet to see any empirical evidence that Tassie can't afford a team.
Yet there's been heaps that proves we can.

A. Medication has been stable for about 4 years, which is nice. Needed it before the Essendon saga started.

B. I don't believe there are too many teams in Melbourne, it's an incredibly passionate state.
My issue is that places that won't follow the game, are getting teams, that's poor culture.
Hide behind all the bullshit financial excuses, I have yet to see any empirical evidence that Tassie can't afford a team.

Avg crowds down there are?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Still for a supposed heartland trying to prove they want a team its a bit low isnt it?
By the by i know our crowds are low but we are a growing club not a supposed heartland that deserves one.

Dont start that crap again. We've had all that on BF.

We love the game, we are a captive audience, so the AFL dont need to bother with a team in Tassie.:cry:

We dont fall over ourselves supporting the FIFO games, so we dont deserve an AFL team in Tassie.:cry:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

Still for a supposed heartland trying to prove they want a team its a bit low isnt it?
By the by i know our crowds are low but we are a growing club not a supposed heartland that deserves one.

Barely 15,000 North Melbourne supporters rock up to games in Melbourne and your questioning 15,000 Tasmanians attending a team that most don't even support?

Barely 15,000 North Melbourne supporters rock up to games in Melbourne and your questioning 15,000 Tasmanians attending a team that most don't even support?
Just saying. If the fans are trying to show they want there own team the two ways are packing out the stadiums and the other is no one showing up at fifo.

Just saying. If the fans are trying to show they want there own team the two ways are packing out the stadiums and the other is no one showing up at fifo.

Since when did the fans get considered by the AFL? Hawthorn have been here for 15 years. How long would we have to feign support for teams that wont commit to us?

How long would GWS have to pretend it has community support before they'd move?:eek:

Its a similar question question:rolleyes:

Agree with the passion of Victorians for our game but its more popular than ever to watch it with your mates in a rubbidy or home on the couch on a typical Hobart winters day here in Melbourne.

:thumbsu: medication ... its working !! o_O

Maybe I need some, I can see the light for the expansion.

Since when did the fans get considered by the AFL? Hawthorn have been here for 15 years. How long would we have to feign support for teams that wont commit to us?

How long would GWS have to pretend it has community support before they'd move?:eek:

Its a similar question question:rolleyes:

Actually not really. Two different regions two different stratergies.

Nice cattie remark about pretending aswell.

But i can sleep at night knowing i have a club in the afl that is now garunteed by the new tv deal. All 18 clubs are.
You can just whinge on a bf forum how a supposed tassie team will be the biggest thing since they invented cold beer. How sad.
I can be a bastard to.

But i can sleep at night knowing i have a club in the afl that is now garunteed by the new tv deal. All 18 clubs are.
You can just whinge on a bf forum how a supposed tassie team will be the biggest thing since they invented cold beer. How sad.
I can be a bastard to.

It wasnt meant to be cattie, bit 1/2 clever maybe:rolleyes:. Of course you feel happy. I would to if I was given a present like that. Free tickets & all.

Anyway Its friday after all, coupla beers etc etc. I'm off.

I can be a bastard to.

Actually, no.

A total of 18 is guaranteed (indeed, it's probably down as 9 games/week), but which clubs they are probably isn't. So long as there are that many clubs in the region/state...So GWS could be moved to Broken Hill and the contract would stand. (obviously I haven't seen the contract, but from what is published there is no reference to particular teams)

Actually, no.

A total of 18 is guaranteed (indeed, it's probably down as 9 games/week), but which clubs they are probably isn't. So long as there are that many clubs in the region/state...So GWS could be moved to Broken Hill and the contract would stand. (obviously I haven't seen the contract, but from what is published there is no reference to particular teams)
The afl wont let any club fall. So actually yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasnt meant to be cattie, bit 1/2 clever maybe:rolleyes:. Of course you feel happy. I would to if I was given a present like that. Free tickets & all.

Anyway Its friday after all, coupla beers etc etc. I'm off.
Free Giants tickets are plentiful. I could get one easily to each home game if I wanted to.

But that's the way it's got to be done.

I wasn't being critical, you will note I said that's how it has to be done.

I've been around Sydney football for a long time, I know how these things work.
I know.
We always get these posts though from idiots (not you) who think we are the only club to do it.
So just getting in before the mexicans.

The problem with Tasmania is that it just has a too small a population and the population is not even expected to get that much bigger. Currently it is around 500,000 and it is only projected to reach 650,000 by 2050. It just isn't big enough to sustain an AFL team.

They are crowds to rent-a-club games. Generally against opponents who have low interest levels in Tassie.

I'm hardly surprised that people don't flock to games which are frankly a second rate arrangement.

And it is not a "supposed" heartland by the way. No need to be like that when you are so touchy about barbs against GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back