Roast AFL Fantasy is an utter joke

Remove this Banner Ad

It must be taking something else into account.

I reckon they're using scores from last year? Noticed in stats it's got a 'last 5 rounds average' They're definitely using scores from last year for this calculation.

You could be onto something. That's just crazy if true...

Rise_up_Stiffy

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am very very close to deactivating my classic team and just playing draft. I'm not devoting any time to it because I can't be bothered with all the stuff ups. I liked the old game where I knew what was going on.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't say I'm too surprised by lolfantasy, such a poorly designed program. Hope the AFL/whoever is in charge of this is getting more clicks from this then what they were with Virtual Sports as that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Iskender Time

Premiership Player
May 13, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Android app won't let me save my team even after only setting a captain. Reckons my team value is too high. Entering using a web browser is no problem as it takes into account the change in player values.

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
Hope they fix the 'amount you have to spend' value when making a trade. It always tells me I have twice as much as I actually have.

Otherwise still having fun, though looking forward to future years when better designed etc..

TigerStyle

Debutant
Aug 24, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rocket League
Just a minor thing, but it says my round ranking = my overall ranking for round 2, i.e. both my round and overall ranking say 18955 (poor start to the season i know :/) Either this is a freak coincidence, or, more likely, another fantasy screw up.

Has this happened to anyone else? My round 2 score was 2135, anyone else with a similar score get a ranking around 18955?

Yep, seems like the are showing overall rank for both values. Another stuff up.

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
Oh god two hours until we start filling this thread again... I hope they sort out the live scoring and don't **** up the leagues

Steve Prior

Rookie
Dec 30, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFL fantasy is an absolute joke this year, what the hell was going on before round 1 started I could not get on to finalize my team AT ALL. So I pissed them off to go to Supercoach and have realised that they have taken away the head 2 head competition? Meaning you dont play against others in your league its just done on points. I logon Monday morning to check out how I went against another opponents in my comp and see how we matched up I like the competition as per the AFL competition structure, I could not give a s**t about how many points I scored. ITS A JOKE and its just not fun anymore. What are these guys doing to FANTASY FOOTY? Just leave a good thing alone you idiots!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rob7string

Rookie
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So it turns out you cannot reverse DPP trades so im stuck with 2 players I was experimenting with. This might be the last straw.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I could handle the way the competition was last year, but this year is...well there are no words for it. I'd de-active my team, but FanHub are still keeping them alive for numbers regardless. No doubt for the first time I will hardly ever try at a Fantasy game based on AFL, I'll do incredibly well :rolleyes:

stevceski

Senior List
Aug 8, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
My league has 9/18 spots filled + am expecting it to auto-fill the remaining 9 spots -- but still nothing showing ??

Is this right - surely it's not just going to leave the 9teams and not create any head-to-head match-ups ????????????

CaptScott

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dockers
I had 12 people (out of 18 spaces), didn't autofill. I've changed it to a 12 person league to start round 4, hopefully will work.

stevceski

Senior List
Aug 8, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Added in 'celebrity players' - now i've got a League with 18/18 spots filled -- now to wait and see what the 'eck happens........

West Coast Weasel

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder
My league has 9/18 spots filled + am expecting it to auto-fill the remaining 9 spots -- but still nothing showing ??

Is this right - surely it's not just going to leave the 9teams and not create any head-to-head match-ups ????????????

It would of been really nice to of known if the partial leagues were going to be filled or not. I'm in 3 partial ones that I don't expect to fill.

Also what the hell happened to the default Public League!?!? What if I didn't join a league. Fantasy has totally ruined DT this season... :(

Wolfpac

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2005
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
I have a league that had 15 teams. After lockout I was wondering what was going on. No one can play each other. So I added 3 celebrity players to fill it to 18. But still no head-to-head. So I try to try to change it to start Round 4. But it won't let me because I have too many teams. So I try to delete 2 of the celebrity teams but it says I can't do that either.

Can anyone help?

slamdunka

Senior List
Sep 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can someone explain when the prices change for players? Didnt they change after one game? or do they change after three like normal?

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can someone explain when the prices change for players? Didnt they change after one game? or do they change after three like normal?
They change after one.

The pricing system works in a sense of whatever the player last scored * whatever the Fantasy genius rolls on a dice / a random number drawn from the magical fantasy hat of truth.

*new formula mightn't be slightly correct*

On a more serious note, the pricing is done with a scaling of the players last three games with the most recent having more relevance to how their new price is changed. I'm not sure on the specifics or how it's done for players who play their first game but I know players prices do change after they've played one game. I'm going to guess for players that have played just the one game that it does an average for what they're priced at for two of their scores + their most recent score which is the most relevant.

Edit: - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/price-changes-in-fantasy.1055577/

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Big mistake putting Langdon in the midfield. Can't put him in Def for a DPP trade, stupid amateurs didn't know how to code it.

Also, cant remember if I posted it but last week but I put Riewoldt Captain, did it with 10 seconds to go (using the AFL fantasy lockout clock). Clicked Saved changes and the loading wheel was was turning, probably because it can't handle any small increase in traffic. So it didn't go through, luckily he scored the same as my forced captain (Pendlebury).

I never cared for Supercoach, have not played passed round 1 in previous years. I wanted to fall back on it in case something goes from in AF, but I'll probably end up prioritizing it. I don't even know 2013 avgs or how the scoring works FFS, but at least the system is reliable and doesn't have stupid rules.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Hope they fix the 'amount you have to spend' value when making a trade. It always tells me I have twice as much as I actually have.

Otherwise still having fun, though looking forward to future years when better designed etc..

Yeah, it's weird going to do your second trade and seeing you have 900k to spend on your next player. Just had an "Oh, FFS!" moment today while trading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back