Competitions AFL Fantasy League

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey everyone, due to AFL Fantasy opening today and us being in the dark despair of pre-season, I felt it was a good opportunity to create a Bigfooty West Coast Eagles Board league. I will need 17 of you as I will be competing (obviously) so register your interest below and when all the spots are filled, I will message you with the league code. :)

1. squashface
2. Jimmy_the_Gent
3. thorne89
4. FiveStrings
5. QS
6. Shupe
7. twce13
8. eagles rule
9. E92_
10. erbenz
11. LordHaart
12. Coaster2012
13. Bacon Warrior
14. kumarparam
15. eaglespremiers
16. The Gtrain
17. WCEprod
18. flyinghi64

Reserves
1. Apollo2011

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
FiveStrings and any one else who is unsure, Dream Team (and Supercoach for that matter) is a fantasy AFL game. You pick a team of 22 players (plus 2 players on the bench for each position) and during each round points are recorded based on how well each player in your team plays. For example, say you have drafted Luke Shuey for your midfield and he gets 22 disposals (12 kicks and 10 handballs) and 3 goals. A kick is worth 3 points, a handball is 2 points and a goal is 6 points. There are other point scoring avenues but we wont go into that for now. So Shuey would have scored 74 points. This happens for all of your players and you get a weekly score from each round. To pick your players in the beginning, you have a salary cap to buy in the players. So you have $10 million to get a full team. The better players are more expensive and the not so good players are cheaper, for example Steve Johnson is the most expensive in the game and he is $641 600 and new draftees are usually somewhere between $150 000 to $250 000. You have a bench for each position to swap players of and on to the ground. Only the players on the ground will score points for you but you can set 4 players to become Emergencies. These bench players who are set to Emergency will score points if your players on the field do not score for reasons such as late withdrawals, however, your Emergencies and your substitutions must be made before the weekly lockout which is generally right before the Friday night game begins. You also have 2 trades a week to trade your players out and trade in other players from the pool of other players, however you must have enough in your salary cap to afford them. Your team goes head to head with another each week and whoever gets the most points wins the game. A finals series is then played between rounds 20 and 23 and a winner is crowned from whoever wins the Grand Final.
More information here: https://fantasy.afl.com.au/landing/index.html#/landing
(Keep in mind, to play you have to register)

FiveStrings and any one else who is unsure, Dream Team (and Supercoach for that matter) is a fantasy AFL game.

So is it just the normal Dream Team then? There's no draft or anything like that, i.e. we can all have Gary Ablett playing for our team if we want?

Just for clarification, we don't actually need 18 people in the league as it can have any even number upwards of 6 up until 18. Even though 18 is preferable, it doesn't look like we will get there but it doesn't really matter.

Plenty of time. You can have the leftovers from my MB thread ;)

Back