AFL Fantasy: Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

So after finding the reverse trades button...

I have Enright, and plenty spare.
Options right now are
Enright -> Jeansch
Enright -> Frawley

Both priced under 400K, and getting big scores. Jeansch seems to be talked down on the Adelaide boards... is his scoring an anomaly (was getting 80s in the pre-season)? Frawley is making big numbers with the new Melbourne "chip it around the backline" gameplan, with a couple of 120s in the pre-season and round 2.

At this stage i'm all about making profit on these guys, so not really keen to buy a premium def just yet.

I don't want to make any knee jerk trades. Okay I had some shitty scores, but if they can't back it up next week, maybe I'll do something about it, but until then I'm keeping the faith.

2 quick small cash grabs:
Derickx > Thurlow
Patton > Ambrose

I might get on Jaensch from Adelaide. But I'm not going to make drastic Structure/player changes

Option 1: Put Enright on the Bench for Langdon or Griffiths, Trade Wright to Riewoldt or Wingard

Option 2: Put Enright on Bench and trade out R.Shaw for Jaensch, Frawley or Petterd

Option 3: Trade out Enright, Keep Shaw and Wright for this week and trade them out next week depending on there score an injuries.

Enirght>Jaensch and Barlow>SJ

I am thinking about Enirght>Jaensch, Barlow>1 week cash gain. (leaves me with over 355k and almost my whole team set to massively kill there break evens). I kind of think in the new comp, you need to take money where you can if it doesnt detriment your team to much.

Double upgrade next week and extra cash for an upgrade the week after.

Risky, but......

Hi there,
Hoping for a little advise please. Had the big slip up of scott selwood as captain last week. Wondering if I should get rid of him or keep him.
Currently my midfield is
Scott selwood
Dane beams
Gary Albett
Jobe Watson
Steve Johnson
Trent cotchin
Dom Tyson
Like Dunstan

Other poor scores for the round where birchal, rough head, enright cheers for any advise

Hi there,
Hoping for a little advise please. Had the big slip up of scott selwood as captain last week. Wondering if I should get rid of him or keep him.
Currently my midfield is
Scott selwood
Dane beams
Gary Albett
Jobe Watson
Steve Johnson
Trent cotchin
Dom Tyson
Like Dunstan

Other poor scores for the round where birchal, rough head, enright cheers for any advise

Keep him. Currently the only midfield premiums I'd dispose of would be Dane Swan or Michael Barlow(inj. 4-6 weeks). I'd be more worried about whether Enright is starting. He is on the injury list as "test" so you may get away with using a reserve if you have Langdon or Georgiou. Selwood scored 126 against St Kilda in 2013 and he's the type of player who scores well with few disposals, in other words a heavy tackler.

Question - does reversing trades give you the trade back? i.e. if you trade for a player, and they get injured or something, can you reverse the trade and still do two trades before lockout?

So I have Birchall, Barlow and Pav who i'm thinking of getting rid of this week.....think ill give Birch one more shot. Thoughts?

My knee-jerk was to get rid of Birchall but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. When we got him in we should have known he wasn't going to be high consistency...

That said with AFL Fantasy it's hard to resist Jaensch and his ridiculous B.E.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - does reversing trades give you the trade back? i.e. if you trade for a player, and they get injured or something, can you reverse the trade and still do two trades before lockout?
Yep, you can do whatever the hell you want before lockout within your two trade limit, basically. It only locks them in once lockout has occurred (or a partial lockout) so you can keep making two trades, reversing, then making two more trades until then.

Sitting pretty nicely at the moment and have some luxury trades this week. Considering a unique POD in the backline in Cale Hooker. Is playing that old Brian Lake style quarterback role in defense at the moment and has smashed it over the first two weeks.

Dangerfield -> Zorko
Suckling -> Hooker

Definitely considering that.

Sitting pretty nicely at the moment and have some luxury trades this week. Considering a unique POD in the backline in Cale Hooker. Is playing that old Brian Lake style quarterback role in defense at the moment and has smashed it over the first two weeks.

Dangerfield -> Zorko
Suckling -> Hooker

Definitely considering that.

I like it. Personally, I'm not quite sold on the back premos just yet. Mitchell, McVeigh, Bartel, Enright, Hodge and Birchall have been very underwhelming. Pretty much every defender I have has a lot more money to make (5 rookies in defense + Suckling, Swallow, Hibberd) so I'm going to give it another week before pulling the trigger on a premo defender.

Hanley and Simpson look like they'll avg. around 90 this year?

I like it. Personally, I'm not quite sold on the back premos just yet. Mitchell, McVeigh, Bartel, Enright, Hodge and Birchall have been very underwhelming. Pretty much every defender I have has a lot more money to make (5 rookies in defense + Suckling, Swallow, Hibberd) so I'm going to give it another week before pulling the trigger on a premo defender.

I don't get why people aren't sold on Mitchell, did you not see his preseason? He's had one game where he was dragged into the back line and was greatly shutdown. One game. I see him as certainty for a top 3 defender.

Can I ask why you aren't sold on him?

I don't get why people aren't sold on Mitchell, did you not see his preseason? He's had one game where he was dragged into the back line and was greatly shutdown. One game. I see him as certainty for a top 3 defender.

I have no doubt that he'll hit back in a big way and score well... But so far this season he has a 65 and a 0 next to his name. He'll probably be back tomorrow night, but even if he does score well I expect his price to drop.

Do you remember the GF against Freo? Mitchell only managed a 59 on Crowley. Plus, he only tonned up 11 times last year- that's approx. 40% of the time and he is a year older now. I've had Mitchell in my team before and he has the odd shocker where he scores a 50.

That said, I'll probably get him in when his price evens out and my rookies are cherry ripe.

Defenders have been the hardest to pick this year which is why I went into last week with McVeigh, Hibberd, Suckling, Swallow, Jaensch and Langdon on the field. Stoked with Jaensch so far and the rest have been reasonable.

Personally I see Hanley making a 90 average, but Simpson only around 85. End of the year I think Hibberd, McVeigh, Hanley, Mitchell, Swallow, Hodge, Hooker, Bartel, Simpson, Enright will be the guys you will be looking at for the top 10 averages. Burgoyne could be a sneaky one as well.

Mitchell will likely be in pretty much all sides by end of the year I reckon. For me he's a good bye rounds target at the moment, I expect him to start smashing it in about a month.

Is anybody else super worried about Cotchin, with the news Deledio is likely missing this week? If Deledio is out, then Cotchin will GTTFO (Get Tagged the F Out) of the game...or will he be able to rise up with the protection from Thomas and Jackson (who himself is gonna be tagging)? I know Cotchin has a great record against the Dogs but never without Lids, right?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-03/deledio-looking-unlikely

Is anybody else super worried about Cotchin, with the news Deledio is likely missing this week? If Deledio is out, then Cotchin will GTTFO (Get Tagged the F Out) of the game...or will he be able to rise up with the protection from Thomas and Jackson (who himself is gonna be tagging)? I know Cotchin has a great record against the Dogs but never without Lids, right?

Yeah it's a bit of a worry. Don't think I can trade him out just because Lids is missing one game though. Hopefully he rises to the occasion.

My trades will probably be - Shiels -> M.Thomas and Barlow -> StevieJ. SJ should be a handy POD in my league. Sticking with Birchall for now.

So I'm struggling to find where the reverse trades button is. Also is anyone able to make 2 trades at a time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back