AFL Finals 2015 - Semi Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide, MCG, Fri, 7.50pm (AEST), 7.20pm (SA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide putrid, lucky to win last week and have just played one of the most insipid finals in recent memory

Nice way to send off there best player in Dangerfield.

Tex Walker with a Cotchin like performance tonight as well.

Do you think they'd be looking to send off a bloke who is walking out on their club?

Wouldn't have thought the possibility of him leaving would be of any relevance

I've watched a lot of footy over the years .....over 120 minutes usually the best team wins regardless of umpiring

Of a deliberate out of bounds is played early in the match as it was in this one .....Players then have to adjust ....coaches and a good captain will go hey boys they are red hot tonight ......let's keep it in play

Adjust ....be smart not dumb ......

Same as holding the ball or blocking ...if umps are hot a certain call which is "rule of the week" then good and smart players and smart teams will adjust mid game

Players aren't robots and they have brains ...well some

Yeah I agree best team will usually win regardless. It's just when different umps pay different things. If they are consistent players can adjust even when it's bad.

In the same way that they should be able to hit a payer on the chest every time they're under pressure? Ok :thumbsu:

Players make more mistakes than umps

About 85-90% decisions are actually correct ......players are now where near that

And I think umpiring the game is tougher than playing it (hey I've done both) as an ump your watching and concentrating for 120 minutes

A side issue I know I would actually have umpire subs ...every ten minutes one gets subbed out and the other gets a break ...he can get instant feedback on ten boundary ...he can switch off for ten minutes also

I think umps make mistakes for two reasons ...it's hard game to umpire plus it's difficult to concentrate for that long in front so many people

piss poor radelaide phil would be rolling in his grave at the bruise free footy on display
dangerfield 25 disposals about two of them effective what a joke footballer

Consider this post reported.

Adelaide were disgraceful, no doubt.

But to drag Walsh into this, shame. He would still be proud of his team, absolutely proud of them regardless. They could have easily given up the rest of the season, but no they kept going and moved on.

Heck, even I'm proud of the Crows - and I'm as anti-Adelaide Crows as the next Port supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consider this post reported.

Adelaide were disgraceful, no doubt.

But to drag Walsh into this, shame. He would still be proud of his team, absolutely proud of them regardless. They could have easily given up the rest of the season, but no they kept going and moved on.

Heck, even I'm proud of the Crows - and I'm as anti-Adelaide Crows as the next Port supporter.
I do see your point but it could have also been read as a compliment to phil....just sayin

Not sure if you understand the principal of frees that are not paid when they should, and also its the context in which the free was paid, but you stick to your stats bud.

Then please, put 26-14 Adelaide's way in context for me.

I don't get the 'Dockers will be nervous' comments going around. The last two weeks have shown how different Hawthorn are when pressure is applied. And Freo can apply pressure pretty flippin well

Seriously, Schoen is just not up to it. No idea why Hawthorn persist with him. Offers nothing but missed opportunities and clangers.

Tonight is not the night to pot Schoenmakers. He played well.

I don't get the 'Dockers will be nervous' comments going around. The last two weeks have shown how different Hawthorn are when pressure is applied. And Freo can apply pressure pretty flippin well
Freos (Ross's) defensive clog fest won't allow Hawks to get those easy kicks inside 50 like they got tonight which is why I think Adelaide did Hawks no favours for next week. It will be chalk and cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back